It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuomo Says 21 percent of Those Tested in N.Y.C. Had Virus Antibodies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Death happens a week or so past coming down with it. So if most places are a week or so out from their peak, then their death rates are just now hitting peak.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
No, that isn't how peak works. A week or two after the infection reaches peak is when deaths would peak.

The idea that the US was going to peak a week or so ago, or that it is happening know, is wishful thinking.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

As other variables, how about each person's records with annual flu shots?

How about strengths or weakness with the individual immune system? How about use of vitamins and other supplements?

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

All those are questions. Where are the numbers?

If you were to say age, we see that Sweden has 20.37% of the population over the age of 65, in Finland it is 21.51% and Norway it is 16.94% so that isn't the reason for the huge difference.

CV-19 isn't the flu so flu shots would have no bearing, but I'm guessing that they might be similar in number.

Like I said, if someone can dig up some numbers that can be correlated to the discrepancies in the number of deaths between Sweden and its neighbors, then they can be taken into account, until then the only thing that stands out is the lockdowns.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I find it interesting that a few places that collected data on patient history found that those who had been annual takers of the flu shot did more poorly in the death column than those without that history by a factor of about 36%. That, which I read somewhere back in these last 3 months, spending half the day on the internet.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Medical news today

#8 Influenza and pneumonia
Deaths in 2017: 55,672

So if Fauci is finally correct with his models (I am not betting he is) then we wrecked the world economy for something mildly stronger than the flu season from 2017.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: DanDanDat
I hate to inform that this may not be good news but irrelevant since the WHO has put this out

WHO says no evidence shows that having coronavirus prevents a second infection

Wait...

Let me get this straight...

The WHO is claiming that even though I've already had a cold, and have the antibodies, that I could ...

I could catch a cold again!?!?!?!

Oh my gawd!?!?!? It's the end of the world!?!?!?
edit on 8-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That is an inflated number. Flu is actually responsible for a fraction of those deaths.

CV-19 deaths in the US are at 77K. That means it is currently 28% worse than that inflated number and the numbers are still rising.

People here were talking about how it was not even as deadly as the flu a month ago, now it is only mildly stronger. I say give it a couple more months. If the numbers start to drop off then maybe saying it is only twice as bad as the flu and wrecking the economy was a bad choice will be spot on. If they stay the same for that time then it will definitely show it is much worse than the flu.

I personally think walking down the projections was a ploy to calm the herd.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So the 20% tax break for covid related cases after telling hospitals they cant do elective surgery (the bulk of their revenue) isn't going to lead to inflated numbers?

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Yes, it will.

Still, inflated numbers vs inflated numbers, CV-19 is still above the flu and rising.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
I find it interesting that a few places that collected data on patient history found that those who had been annual takers of the flu shot did more poorly in the death column than those without that history by a factor of about 36%. That, which I read somewhere back in these last 3 months, spending half the day on the internet.

36%!?!?

I find that much more than interesting, I find it damning - to the pro-vaccine argument.

If the same statistic was shown, for example, for those taking Vitamin C - even if the percentage was lower by an order of magnitude (say 3.6% instead of a whopping 36%) - there would be massive calls and demands for banning Vitamin C completely.

So - where are the calls for abolishing flu vaccines?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Salander

36%!?!?

I find that much more than interesting, I find it damning - to the pro-vaccine argument.

If the same statistic was shown, for example, for those taking Vitamin C - even if the percentage was lower by an order of magnitude (say 3.6% instead of a whopping 36%) - there would be massive calls and demands for banning Vitamin C completely.

So - where are the calls for abolishing flu vaccines?

Thanks to the current popularity of Judy Mikovits, maybe those calls will grow. I don't take them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join