It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken Littles Love Quarantine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'll just leave this here.

And this too.

Stay safe everyone.

Oh boy, some sad irony there, I would not wish it on anyone..but I guess they got their proof

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what I've been doing.

As for small businesses. Help and support them as much as you can.

So far we've been buying from small businesses when we can. Especially restaurants that are still open and doing take out.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not everything is about politics. This isn't.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

In some ways though, it is.

Clearly, there are plenty of people who don't want to come out of their houses advocating that the government enforce that on everyone.

There are others who are willing to take the risk. We aren't asking that those who don't want to or shouldn't be made to come out.

If this whole exercise was about flattening the curve and slowing the building of herd immunity to where the medical system would not be overwhelmed, you will need more people to start coming out and interacting at some point to keep the infection level steady and the numbers of people with exposure and immunity increasing. I'm willing to go out and take my chances as I'm still young enough and relatively healthy.

If you aren't, then stay indoors through this next stage. You absolutely should.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The purpose of all of this is not to reduce deaths or the number of people who catch the virus, it's to slow it down. The same number of people will die anyway. Hiding from it won't change that, only put it off. The destruction of the worlds economy will not change anything in the end.

What will change is the number of people who are facing starvation in the world as it will go up greatly. It will increase the number of people who come out of this destitute in the end. It will increase greatly the number of people who never recover financially. In the end it may actually kill more people than would have happened had they done nothing. It most certainly destroyed lots of peoples way to feed themselves and their families.

A couple of months from now the bills come due. Homes and buildings will be foreclosed on. Renters will be evicted. The homeless number will rise dramatically. Utility companies will discontinue service. It's all being pushed down the road, but it will still happen in a huge economic explosion not long from now.

The banks picked winners and losers and many small businesses will be gone. The government loans will have to be paid back but many will never recover anyway.

The fallout from this is huge. Way bigger than the media is telling us, but literate people know the truth. $1,200 may be a godsend to some, but for most it won't even cover a week. The food banks are being hit hard. The streets will see many new homeless people and families shortly. People who have worked their whole lives, destroyed, so lets' not pretend otherwise.

Love your neighbor? Do you love them by guaranteeing they will be financially destroyed, when the same number of people will die in the end? God gave us brains, we should use them don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The streets will see many new homeless people and families shortly. People who have worked their whole lives, destroyed, so lets' not pretend otherwise.

And also in the streets will be the Military to keep the new homeless from Anarchy. There will be blood....

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Anarchy is not just about violence.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Fair enough.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I disagree somewhat. The number of people that will die of this will not be the same. If the quarantine wasn't put in place and we let the disease run rampant. Hospitals would of become overloaded. And in that case with resources running low. A Triage system would of been put in place and people with more of a chance to live would be the ones treated. Others with low chances of surviving would be left to die. Resulting in a higher mortality rate.

However I do agree with you about the economic damage. We will see at the very least a repeat of 2007. People will be foreclosed on. Banks will fail. Housing prices will go down.

And you tell me which is worse. Death or financial ruin? If you lose your home or business at least you can recover from that. Death usually not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join