It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of tiny arachnids are on your face right now as you provide a good living for them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Most have no doubt heard about the mites that live in the eye lashes and other hair follicles on the human body. Some of our less arachnophobic individuals might already know there are two main types of mites that inhabit a healthy individual. Others will probably just say "Eeeuuuuyuk".
According to the article they live everywhere except of the soles of the feet and the palms of our hands. I suppose unless you have hairy palms ????

At this moment, hundreds or thousands of tiny eight-legged animals are nestled deep in the pores of our faces—my face, your face, your best friend’s face, and pretty much every other face you know or love. In some sense, they’re our closest companions.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Perhaps more surprising, our pores are home to at least two different species of mites, both of the genus Demodex. The shorter and stubbier of the two is D. brevis; it’s shaped roughly like the kind of club a cartoon caveman might carry, and it prefers to nestle deeply into sebaceous glands. The other is D. folliculorum, which is longer and skinnier and hangs out in hair follicles, closer to the skin’s surface.

edit on 727rdk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Pretty gross, but it begs the question:

Do these mites also have mites and just how far down microscopically does this go? 😳

⭐+🇺🇸
edit on 4/23/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Pretty gross, but it begs the question:

Do these mites also have mites and just how far down microscopically does this go? 😳

⭐+🇺🇸

I would bet there are bacteria that find them just adorable and yum yum !

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What happens to these mites when I wash my face?
I mean, most people wash their faces daily and I would imagine that whatever is in my face wash probably kills them?

It’s not that I’m grossed out, just curious as to how they survive the daily bathing onslaught..

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I knew we had little crocodile thingamabobs that lived on our eyelashes. LoL

Truth is the human body is a veritable lifeboat for all sorts of different microorganisms that live on the surface of the skin and inside the rest of our bodies.

Its no wonder really when you consider the percentage of water that make up our bodies, life it seems will always find a way as long as it has the proper conditions to thrive.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

When the going gets tough, the mites get going ...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'se fitna starts chargin dem rent.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
What happens to these mites when I wash my face?
I mean, most people wash their faces daily and I would imagine that whatever is in my face wash probably kills them?

It’s not that I’m grossed out, just curious as to how they survive the daily bathing onslaught..

Not much as they are snug as a big in a rug/err face.. Have you ever pulled ticks off a dog ? These are kin to ticks with 8 legs ..

What I do find comforting is they have no Anus.. Humm which might mean they are some of the oldest creatures on earth or their mouth parts act as both mouth and butt hole !! EEEuuuuyuk ! Or...maybe they are true hippies who live on nothing but sunshine and your love... They do not need a orifice to expel waste matter so they must be the perfect organism.. You live long and prosper and "they be happy"... comforting ?

Kinda does make you want to wash your face a little longer though....hahahah

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well, time to nuke myself from orbit just to be sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It makes you wonder what's coming out next time you pop a white or blackhead.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We humans are the same thing by comparison in relation to the Earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Many, if not most, ordinary people have a small population of these critters and they never even notice them.

However, if a person has Lyme disease, lupus, AIDS, is in chemotherapy treatment or is otherwise immuno-compromised, they may have a battle on their hands.

I have some problems with my immune system which led to an external overgrowth of yeast on my skin called malassezia. (BTW, from my research, I am now convinced that malassezia is the main component in morgellons) This condition provides an ideal environment for demodex to thrive. I developed rosacea, which is often a condition where demodex thrive and reproduce more than in an ordinary person's skin. In fact, demodex overgrowth is so commonly seen in combination with rosacea that in dermatology circles, there is some debate whether rosacea is caused by demodex, or whether it's the other way around. In my case, because malassezia is a food source for demodex, management of demodex and rosacea is related to management of yeast, internally, externally, and in my environment.

BTW you can't see them unless you get a microscope. Ordinarily they stay DEEP INSIDE your pores, sebaceous glands, and hair follicles where soap doesn't reach. But you can definitely see their signs if you have an infestation. As someone who has battled with demodex, I can promise you, ordinary face washing doesn't kill them.

Here's what does:
--Low-carb, anti-candida/malassezia diet
--Drastically reduce intake of Omega 6 fatty acid
--Use Nizoral 1% ketoconazole shampoo as a body wash
--Wash face, neck, decolletage, and behind ears with Hibiclens chlorhexidine soap 2x a day
--100% tea tree oil applied directly to face during flare-ups (yes, it stings and smells awful)
--Carefully selected skin care products which are "safe" according to this list:
simpleskincarescience.com...
--Mix 100% pure caprylic acid oil (this is the purest MCT oil derived from coconuts) with therapeutic grade tea tree essential oil, ratio 70/30 and apply it daily to skin as an everyday moisturizer
--Bentonite clay mask periodically
--I personally love the Illyoon line of Korean probiotic skincare. All the lotions and soaps in the probiotic line contain probiotics which inhibit yeast growth and MIRACULOUSLY clear up the rosacea/demodex when combined with a tea tree oil regimen.
--Use a 2% Zinc Pyrithione shampoo. I use one which is fragrance free and non-comedogenic, ultra gentle, sulfate free
--Use only Norwex anti-microbial towels and washcloths.
--Get two sets of Silvon anti-microbial pillowcases and change them out every few days.
--Change sheets at least once a week, 2x is better
--Keep the home reasonably clean

These steps work for me, but it's not a one and done. It recurs if I am not hyper-vigilant.

edit on 23-4-2020 by OuttaHere because: Spelling corrections

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am not afraid of these tiny creatures, they are probably helping to protect me from tiny organisms that could harm me. We have immune system chemicals that are excreted from our skin to protect us from things, even natural insect repellents.

but of course people taking a shower twice a day wash this antimicrobial and insect repelent off. Once a day is not bad, but lots of people do it twice a day. Also some soaps are way worse. Washing with water is not a problem. Some mild soap formulas actually help our skin. But most are bad for us, this includes some of the most expensive soaps.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

You actually have some good information there, but I have not researched some of the stuff you are talking about and I would have to compare it to the protective properties of the skins excretions. The sebatious chemicals are actually beneficial but if one chemistry is missing from the excretion, it can cause chemistry to form that is bad for you. If I remember right, a lack of certain sulfur chemistries in the diet can cause problems...think of sulfur as soap.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
These critters will prefer hairy people to those with much less hair!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I seem to get a popup that says "Subscriber exclusive content"

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree, most people have natural defenses which work in sync with one another and the relationship, while not exactly symbiotic, is not usually detrimental or disfiguring to the host.

It's the difference between a dog having a few demodex (normal) and a dog having mange (life-threatening). It happens when the dog has underlying problems with immunity, poor nutrition, and lack of care.

I have only recently developed this problem (in January). I am 52 years old, and for many years I cleansed my skin with my own homemade mixture of apple cider vinegar, chamomile tea, and fragrant essential oils so I have a lifetime of experience with NOT having an issue with these things when my immune system was healthy.

I started having lupus symptoms in January. I developed some other skin symptoms all over my body which were terrifying and embarrassing. At the time I didn't realize they were related to my arthritic, immuno-suppressed condition. Then in February the rosacea/demodex skin problem emerged on my face. I was trying to see if I could get my inflammation under control with diet and exercise when the SARS2 epidemic came, so I have not been to the doctor for an official diagnosis.

I am working very hard on restoring my health with diet, supplementation, exercise, etc., because lupus or no, I'm certain that my system got off-balance when I started heading down the overweight, pre-diabetes road so common to people my age. I'm guessing that when I get my sugar metabolism and weight under control, these extraordinary skin-care measures will not be necessary any more, except in case I have an occasional flare-up. And then hopefully I can go back to my naturopathic skin care.

edit on 23-4-2020 by OuttaHere because: Re-ordered a paragraph for better comrehension

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

A really bad case

edit on 23-4-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
With this virus around, some people make changes in their diet and in the things they do. If you are working, you often sweat and sweat out toxins, the sweat does not even get you wet, the skin vibrates and makes it into aerosols and it turns into a gas. When you are sick the skin gets altered and then the immune system dumps the immune chemicals from the body, when the fever breaks you sweat all these chemicals out and you get drenched. It is not just water that is excreted.

Now, I know a lot about autoimmune and have lupus genes, my cousin died of lupus complications, my brother has ankylosing spondylitis, but is not taking meds. My sister died of complications of RA and giantism genes. Those genes made big thick bones and joints, the giantism genetics do not work correctly. My grandmothers uncle was Big Louis.

My immune system gives me problems when I eat balsam of peru foods, foods high in certain benzene chemistries, particularly Euginol containing foods. Same with a few of my grandkids and one great granddaughter. I can eat tomato productsonce a week, and recover for five days. Or I can eat a little cinnomon on occasion, too much and my skin breaks out too. Too much citrus causes the same situation. It effects my gut too, in fact, if I eat olives with tomatoes I don't get the skin problems but like a fool I start eating them and my gut and liver started to act terribly. These benzoic acid foods and eugenol foods stimulate the immune system. So does anything high in aluminum, pickles with alum and buisquits with aluminum baking powder stimulate the immune system too much.

My granddaughter had asthma....I said had...she gave up pickles with alum and store bought buisquit mixes and it went away. She also gave up cheeses that melt quick, they also have aluminum compounds in them. No more Asthma, but she still is allergic to ragweed....and chickory and bell and green peppers that are related to ragweed. So those reactions are different than the asthma, we figured out they have different types of symptoms. So after five years she has not had an asthma attack and has to check labels and avoid those triggers and doesn't even need an inhaler anymore. Aluminum chemistries are neuroexcitants, they trigger immune responses, heightening the response in autoimmune diseases too. Same as mercury and a few other metals do.

There are foods that contain histamines, and others that release histamine stores from in the body, and others that block histamine moderating enzymes in our body...DAO enzymes. Now there are many different ways to work with what I know so far, there is also stuff I do not yet know. There are also food chemistries that break down HMNT, I have not studied those yet much, all of our problems stem from breaking down DAO or MAOA or MAOB in our genetics. Had ancestry DNA done on all my family and their husbands and I am figuring out how to fix some issues. It takes a lot of research but it can be used in conjunction with known medical problems in relatives you have in your family history.

Lessening the risk and stopping the metabolic issues helps to clear up lots of problems. I wish I knew this stuff forty years ago...but the information was not available for common people much. Although the properties of aluminum in medicine and problems with aluminum causing health issues is present in lots of old medical research and that old research clearly states too much hyperactivates the immune system. You also can deplete your immune system chemicals if it is always hyperactivated, some people do that to stop asthma, that is not good, that kind of homeopathy can result in death or leave you without an immune system having proper weapons to fight off diseases.

Something you may have changed in your diet could be causing your immune system to react and can be altering your immune system chemistry. They now have listed covid toes as a symptoms of covid and also a rash, because the immune system is reacting to fight the disease and causing symptoms to appear in some people. Even highten risk of stroke and headaches is a symptom from covid, because the body boosts agglutination in response to the virus but cannot properly isolate the virus and attack it properly because it does not recognize the virus so it over reacts sometimes, tossing inappropriate responses to the virus. This can cause tiny clots of platelets which gives the muscle pains in flu and to this virus. It can also cause headaches and cytokine storms.

I cannot tell you what is going on in your case, but even your body sensing the smell of this virus can increase a immune response. Even your body smelling the excretions of other microbes can trigger a response, the hand sanitizer alcohol is made by microbes. The stuff they are sanitizing in the stores with can also trigger an immune response because your body senses it is a creation of microbes. Sewer smell usually makes people say ewe and move away, and sewer gas is created by microbes in sewer and other chemistries and can kill you or cause bad problems. It can mix you and give you a headache because your blood vessels dialate and your blood pressure can drop and you can lose blood flow to the brain temporarily. Keeping hydrated when you are sick is good for this reason, or our immune system can make you feel like crap and dizzy and tired.

Sorry for getting carried away, much of this may not be relavent to anything you are doing. But even being stuck in your house for a longer time with a dry sewer trap can cause you to be sickly. This shelter in place order can cause some people to get sicker. While others feel better because they are not exposed to chemicals used at work. If people use this to figure things out, they might be able to identify triggers and ask their employer if they can change a cleaning chemical. Or think and figure out that their perfume they wear at work actually was effecting their health...at home they are not using it.
edit on 23-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not sure what you are on about....but who is Big Louis?
Is he a celeb?

# 1103

edit on 23-4-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join