It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ms Whitmer.....prolonging the Michigan lockdown while watching the state circle the bowl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Since March 17, the governor has done about 30 high-profile TV appearances on channels such as CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, ABC, PBS and Comedy Central. Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper, Chris Wallace and Trevor Noah are among the celebrity media figures who’ve interviewed her. NPR had her on a national program, and she’s appeared on podcasts with Joe Biden and with David Axelrod, former adviser and strategist for President Barack Obama.

That’s not to mention all the national — even international — newspaper and magazine attention. Politico, Vogue, BuzzFeed, the Atlantic, New York Times, the Washington Post and the Times of London have all featured Whitmer, to name a few.

www.detroitnews.com...

So, I'd like to know why this woman needs to be on all these shows.
There's a pandemic and she has a state to run.
Doesn't she?
Is she?

And why does she need to hire a PR guy? Why former Ex-Buttigieg PR aide Chris Meagher???
And why at the tax payers $?

She's so busy doing out state interviews, does she have time to do the right thing for Citizens of the state of Michigan?
Like making sure the state is still her for the Citizens after the WuHu virus is gone?
She claims her lock down is for the safety of citizens.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer wants to extend stay-home order past May 1

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Wednesday she wants to extend her stay-at-home order beyond May 1 as she begins restarting an economy she put on lockdown one month ago to slow the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Whitmer and a team of advisers are developing a plan to begin reopening the economy she is expected to discuss Friday. But in a media address from Lansing, the first-term governor appeared to try and lower expectations of an immediate transition.

“I want to be clear, we will likely need another short-term extension of the stay home, stay safe order,” Whitmer said.

“We see these signs and know that perhaps we can start to take some small steps forward,” Whitmer said, indicating it is “an appropriate time to reassess the breadth” of her current order. “It will be in waves. There will be some form of a stay-at-home order in effect for a long time here.”

How long will the citizens of Michigan believe she is working in their interests.....
versus working on furthering her Democratic career?

UPDATE
  • Budget and tax shortfall projections
    edit on Fri May 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

• posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:59 PM
    link   
    a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Because if she is going to be Biden's VP pick then she needs a lot of media exposure right now.

No second line needed, sadly.

+2 more 
    posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:10 PM
    link   
    Trust me, we know she's only working on her VP chances while punishing us for her spat with Trump. What she doesn't understand is that our patience has limits.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:11 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Because if she is going to be Biden's VP pick then she needs a lot of media exposure right now.

Does she fit the "color" of race ticket?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:16 PM
    link   
    a reply to: musicismagic

She has a vagina.

That seems to be enough at this late in the game for the Democrats.

I mean, they are going to give the primary to a guy that is missing a functional brain...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:21 PM
    link   

So, I'd like to know why this woman needs to be on all these shows. There's a pandemic and she has a state to run. Doesn't she? Is she?

No, she has poliTICKing to do. Money to raise, donors to fleece and constituents to appease.

And why does she need to hire a PR guy? Why former Ex-Buttigieg PR aide Chris Meagher??? And why at the tax payers $?

See thread title. She's failing.

Her interests are clear. The SE corner of the state chief among them and of course that spot right under Biden.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:23 PM
    link   

This evening, Gretchen "The Witch" Whitmer announced the furlough of 2,900 state workers, due to the CRISIS she manufactured.

Michiganders elected this woman: www.wlns.com...

It's weird that FOXNews says her star is rising, while CNN says her star is falling. (Both articles today)

edit on 4/22/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:41 PM
    link   

It is hard to disentangle all the possibilities and permutations motivating anyone in office at the moment.

The Michigan stats at this moment are 33,966 cases confirmed, 2,813 deaths and an infection rate of roughly 1,300 on 20th April (although daily rates are all over the place).

The blanket 'lock everything down everywhere' is not sustainable.

The virus runs its course over a couple of weeks.

Couldn't those who have had the virus, and are known to have recovered, be allowed to return to work (not everyone, but those who we know now have immunity, at least until the virus mutates next season)?

Perhaps if people were clearly differentiated into:

- 'unknown status' (requires social distancing/minimal contact, testing, and close monitoring for symptoms). Once tested, this rolls over to other statuses.

- 'tested uninfected status' (requires social distancing/minimal contact, occasional testing, and close monitoring for symptoms - like frequent temperature monitoring, but can work in most situations where contact is minimized).

- 'infectious status' (requires strict isolation and close medical monitoring until symptoms are absent and the infectious phase is over).

- and 'recovered status' (presumed immunity, they can return to work and/or, if out of work, can assist with those in the infectious phase if they wish, as a bridge to them getting other work, or as a new job).

edit on 22/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:41 PM
    link   
    a reply to: carewemust

Some Michiganders.
    Really too bad the Repubs ran such a crabby candidate against her.

And, of course, that proposal to be able to register to vote up to the day of the election was also on the ballot.
    The legal pot thing was a joke. It still really isn't up and running well.

But, the voter registration and her are doing their damage.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:45 PM
    link   
    a reply to: chr0naut

That probably is too logical for Michigan politicians.

Sadly.

I tell ya, I know an independent doctor offering the antibody test for a fee.......

And really....landscapers work alone outdoors...why can they not work?
    How many crowds of people are there in new car dealerships? Especially now when $$ is tight for most?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:49 PM
    link   

No. It’s nature, it happens every year. Those at risk 60+, with autoimmune and Pre-existing problems should be watched, monitored and quarantined if necessary....
    everyone else should be allowed free roam (since 80-90%) of known deaths and complications are from the previously stated group.

It’s an EXTREMELY easy solution, but they would rather impose control and authoritarian lockdowns to generate federal charity.... I mean come on, do people just read headlines or the actual QUOTES that are said by these people in power?

Whitmer argues she derives her emergency authority from two separate laws: The Emergency Management Act of 1976, which requires a legislative extension every 28 days, and The Emergency Powers of Governor Act of 1945, which does require any legislative action for continuance.

“My powers come from a couple different parts of statute, and so I believe that regardless of what the Legislature does, I still retain those powers,” the governor said Monday in a separate briefing. “But I would like for them to be partners in this.”

She is on a power trip, and it is clear as day..... end of story.
    edit on 22-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:01 PM
    link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

No. It’s nature, it happens every year. Those at risk 60+, with autoimmune and Pre-existing problems should be watched, monitored and quarantined if necessary....
    everyone else should be allowed free roam (since 80-90%) of known deaths and complications are from the previously stated group.

It’s an EXTREMELY easy solution, but they would rather impose control and authoritarian lockdowns to generate federal charity.... I mean come on, do people just read headlines or the actual QUOTES that are said by these people in power?

Whitmer argues she derives her emergency authority from two separate laws: The Emergency Management Act of 1976, which requires a legislative extension every 28 days, and The Emergency Powers of Governor Act of 1945, which does require any legislative action for continuance.

“My powers come from a couple different parts of statute, and so I believe that regardless of what the Legislature does, I still retain those powers,” the governor said Monday in a separate briefing. “But I would like for them to be partners in this.”

She is on a power trip, and it is clear as day..... end of story.

Yeah, an epidemic doesn't stop a politician from 'politicking' (is that a word?).

The thing is that you are supposed to be a government for, by, and of, the people. If enough make cogent and strident argument, especially if they spread the word and show a defined plan of action for the situation, those in power must accede.

Currently, there seems to be a lot of disarray as to how all this is supposed to happen.

I'm not an American and really have no voice in your politics but there are groups around the world handling this with resolve and measurable outcomes. Lots of good ideas to gather up and choose from.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:01 PM
    link   
    Whitmer thrashes out at anyone that defies what she believes. That is her personality, she tries to get even. She is doing this to try to stomp on congresses lessening of her first desired stay at home order, just like she caused lots of problems with our state funding because she wanted the forty seven cent gas tax so she could give more money to the schools.

I see this quality in guys too, I am not saying this is a woman thing. but I have noticed more and more women doing this over the years while the percentage of guys doing this has stayed the same percentage wise. Give someone an inch and they take a mile. If you do not give them an inch, they sabatage everything and set things back a half a mile.

She is playing the people, and our economy is going to be harder to recover if she gets her way. I do not say that all businesses should open like tattoo shops and manicure parlors. Same with hairdressers and barbers. But any sane person will not go to a place like that initially anyway. I would say that hairdressers would be more important than the other two examples though, as long as they can take precautions it may be ok. Keeping the haircutting places closed hurts women more than guys, us guys can say oh well, saved a few bucks and the employer cannot complain.

Is Whitmer pruposely trying to make women hate her? Is her desire to control people by fear going to destroy her? I think it will. Any women with even a little bit of common sense can see she is NOT following the recommendations of the people in charge of our countries medicine. Of course someone can find experts to back them up, using specific questions to make them look bad if they do not give the socially accepted answer even if that answer desired is not the answer most people agree with. She is using ad hominum tactics to force experts to say things she thinks is right or looking for professionals that share her opinion to back her. This is a regular control technique used by those who want to gain power and prestige.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:12 AM
    link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The virus runs its course over a couple of weeks.

aaaand people are still not following the safety guidelines. They're still milling about in the stores that are open, no masks, no gloves and well within 6 feet of each other unless there's a big fat X on the floor.

But. I've been wearing my mask, gloves, wipe down everything when I leave the store. Disinfect my mask, throw away the gloves, wipe down myself including my face, change my clothes when I get home.

And I still caught a very nice head cold last week.

It's all a massive waste of time and effort, every single bit of it. Of course once people start to follow the guidelines, THEN we can start the 2 week countdown.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:16 AM
    link   

Maybe she's learned a thing or two about public perception from the twatter in chief.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:52 AM
    link   
    a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Too bad she didn’t learn a thing from Sweden....

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach 'herd immunity' in weeks
    PUBLISHED WED, APR 22 2020 6:56 AM EDT
    UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO
    Holly Ellyatt
    @HOLLYELLYATT

www.cnbc.com...

If your fearful, you go live in your basement. Leave the 98 percent of the population predicted to live with no mitigation live their lives.

edit on 23-4-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 06:54 AM
    link   
    Using the pry bar of the virus to shoot you in the face with her face.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:06 AM
    link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
    a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Too bad she didn’t learn a thing from Sweden....

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach 'herd immunity' in weeks
    PUBLISHED WED, APR 22 2020 6:56 AM EDT
    UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO
    Holly Ellyatt
    @HOLLYELLYATT

www.cnbc.com...

If your fearful, you go live in your basement. Leave the 98 percent of the population predicted to live with no mitigation live their lives.

And if it all goes pair shaped?

Not sure why you feel the need to tell me how to live, perhaps you should heed your own advice.
    edit on 23-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:15 AM
    link   
    Southwest MI doesn't seem to be on a lock down. lots of Indiana and Illinois people everywhere. A local pizza place has reworked their pickup plans and half the people congratulating them said they were from out of state and drive 50+ miles to get a pizza and hang out. It's time to start ticketing over here.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:43 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Ewww I hope she likes getting her hair sniffed. A lot. And also the inappropriate touching. Spending that much time with Biden isn't worth it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join