It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's instructed Navy to 'destroy' any Iranian gunboats harassing US ships

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Well if the IRGC keeps harassing/attacking US troops the The rest of Iran won't have to worry about them.

So the next time this same type of incident happens you think we are going to unload on them? Trump has given the final order so it should take place pretty soon.
edit on 23-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Iran hates the US, and they hate Israel even more and they will never back down from hostilities it is only a matter of time.

This one got old 30 years ago. Same with the imminent nuclear weapon.

This claim has taking longer to come to fruition than even the slowest of day time dramas.

#, this may take as long as a pot of coffee on Days of Our Lives!

Nuclear war will never happen , that would mean the end of all of us .

As for Iran and War , Iran needs someone in the fight with them. Because there real beef is with Israel , the only way Iran would risk open war with Israel is if the USA was wrapped up in a fight with someone else e.g. China , Russia , or someone that would require our full attention.

Then they could attack Israel with out fear of reprisal from the US .

Which would be pointless unless Iran could get their hands on a nuclear weapon. Israel, in a defensive war against a non-nuclear Iran as the aggressor, doesn't even need U.S. help.

I agree with this. Israel is very good at defending itself. Iran likely wouldn’t be wise to attack them even if we were engaged elsewhere. Beyond that, you wouldn’t need to unleash the entirety of the US military - unconstrained and allowed to do their job - to defeat Iran alongside Israel. Never mind that Iran doesn’t exactly have a lot of friends in the neighborhood - pretty sure the Saudi’s wouldn’t mind us taking care of them...

The scary thing is I bet Israel nukes Tehran instantly if the Iranian’s ever develop a nuclear weapon. Why? Tehran has all but flat out said they’ll nuke Israel. Israel will strike first. That’s scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

We, as in you and I, aren't going to do anything.

As far as what will happens if another incident happens in international waters it just depends on what the situation warrants.

It wouldn't be the first time. The media doesn't know about every single action that hapoens in the open waters. The only time they even catch a whiff of something is when the US military releases the information or if another group, the IRGC for instance, decides to make some claim that we had something to do with it.

There are conflicts all the time.

And no it wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow I wake ip and find out some little boat got blasted to pieces for acting hostile towards a US military vessel. It's an appropriate action.

You think a US naval ship should just let some clowns come up and hit the ship with an RPG?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The P-3 absolutely has offensive capabilities. They carry torpedoes and antiship missiles. A gunship, even several of them are going to have a hard time sinking a destroyer, or even an LPD. A single P-3 could actually pretty easily at least cripple one, if not outright sink it.

i2.wp.com...

THAT is the Iranian gunboat that flys supossedly. It dont fly high though.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That must be what the President was referring to.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www.rt.com...

Iran will not hesitate to retaliate against the US Navy if it attacks any Iranian vessel, Tehran’s elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) commander has warned, responding to a similar threat by Trump.

“I have ordered our naval forces to destroy any American naval force in the Persian Gulf that threatens the security of Iran’s military or non-military ships,” Major-General Hossein Salami said on Thursday, as cited by Tasnim News Agency.

Salami was responding to US President Donald Trump, who said that he had issued an order on Wednesday to “destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.”

sputniknews.com...
US Republican Lawmaker Tells Iran to 'Get Its Act Together' or Prepare to 'Meet Soleimani'

"The US doesn’t seek a war with Iran [...] under President Trump’s doctrine, we are not going to engage in endless foreign wars, but we will take out terrorists. So, the message is very clear to any Iranian official that would engage in terrorism: Either get your act together or get prepared to meet General Soleimani", Gaetz said referring to the US Air Force operation in January 2020 that resulted in the murder of top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, who was at the time on a diplomatic mission in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: face23785

When Margaret Thatcher was facing defeat in an upcoming election the 1982 Falklands war turned her fortunes , there is a precedent for manufactured wars of convenience.

The Falklands war was not manufactured by Maggie PBUH, it was manufactured by the Argentine Junta who were losing their grip on their power.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The P-3 absolutely has offensive capabilities. They carry torpedoes and antiship missiles. A gunship, even several of them are going to have a hard time sinking a destroyer, or even an LPD. A single P-3 could actually pretty easily at least cripple one, if not outright sink it.

i2.wp.com...

THAT is the Iranian gunboat that flys supossedly. It dont fly high though.

Ahh the cardboard , cookie cut , swamp cooler powered toys that serve well in the bathtub vs the yellow rubber ducky.

edit on 4/24/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Of course it is. Usually.

However, it only takes one mistake, and all the sudden bad things start happening.

The Iranians are poking and prodding, hoping for a mistake by some young sailor. What are a few Revolutionary Guardsmen, when you've a chance to embarrass the Great Satan's minions??

Poke. Prod.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'd normally agree with things like this, but these Iranian gunboats are operating within sight of the Iranian coastline. They're not terrorising US shipping off of the US coast, they're warning American warships away from their own territory. They have every right to be there.

Suppose that Russia were to run a couple of those big nuclear bombers down the Eastern Seaboard, and then take a shot at the F16s sent to see them off. That's what's happening here.

When you're putting warships off of somebody else's coastline then you can't claim the moral high ground.

Wait till the Iranian's do something, then return fire. That's the only way to maintain the moral high ground, and if US sailors are killed then it's on Washington for putting them there, not Iran for responding.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

We meaning the US and them meaning Iran.

Basically in my previous posts that is exactly what I said. These things happen all the time. Of course there is always tension and the possibility of massive error leading to escalations. We've lived with that for a long time.

I would be surprised to see tomorrow that we blew up some Iranian boats. And I would be surprised if tomorrow I read and RPG from an Iranian speed boat hit one of our boats.

Unless the pretext is to go to war with Iran, which it may be, both side would be stupid to engage.

Not sure why my post would indicate the US Navy should let clowns come up to their ships and shoot RPGs at them?
edit on 24-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

And no it wouldn't surprise me if tomorrow I wake ip and find out some little boat got blasted to pieces for acting hostile towards a US military vessel. It's an appropriate action.

It would surprise me a little. The last time a country run by religious fanatics attacked a US Navy ship and killed sailors we gave them nuclear weapons technology, decades of foreign aid, and called them our best buddies in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Except the last time a US naval vessel was attacked was by Houthis in Yemen using antiship missiles. You know the Houthis supported by Iran.

The time before that was two riverine boats boarded and detained by Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Naval forces.

The time before that was also in Yemen using a small boat loaded with explosives.

The time before that was also in Yemen using a small boat loaded with explosives, but that boat sank.

The time before that was a cruiser damaged hitting a mine in the Gulf

The time before that it was an Iraqi fighter firing anti-ship missiles hitting a destroyer.

The time before that was a destroyer which hit an Iranian mine in the middle of the Gulf.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I'm noticing a pattern, there.

Maybe if we keep our ships out of that godforsaken region we won't have a problem. There's plenty to do closer to our own shores.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That philosophy worked swimmingly in the 30's...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Except the last time a US naval vessel was attacked was by Houthis in Yemen using antiship missiles. You know the Houthis supported by Iran.

The time before that was two riverine boats boarded and detained by Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Naval forces.

The time before that was also in Yemen using a small boat loaded with explosives.

The time before that was also in Yemen using a small boat loaded with explosives, but that boat sank.

The time before that was a cruiser damaged hitting a mine in the Gulf

The time before that it was an Iraqi fighter firing anti-ship missiles hitting a destroyer.

The time before that was a destroyer which hit an Iranian mine in the middle of the Gulf.

Any naysayers noticing the trend yet?

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

That philosophy worked swimmingly in the 30's...

I assume you mean the 1830s. We sure as heck weren't minding our own business in the 1930s.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

PS. "shoot down" the boats? C'mon man!

Yeah shoot them down to the bottom of the ocean...common man!

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Damn right shoot those gunboats down. How dare they defy gravity.

Yeah because they couldn't possibly go in the down direction when they sink....boats sink up right? Jeez smfh

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

These Iranians have some nerve!...What has America and trump done to them except years of sanctions,walking out of the treaty,sabotage,killing their top generals,intervening in their affairs,military presence in their territory,spouting biased propaganda,regime change,war,etc,etc... And now they want to protect their national security and guard their most vital waterway?! wtf,

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join