It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's instructed Navy to 'destroy' any Iranian gunboats harassing US ships

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The President announced this before the markets opened, and low and behold, crude oil spiked!

This was a test and it worked. He knows how to play the game.

I don't think the market is going to buy it however, because we still have no economy right now.

Will he follow through? I don't think so, more than likely we'll see a refinery fire or a tanker(s) explode, something to that effect to try and boost crude.

If I'm wrong, well, we'll be on way to war like history has taught us repeatedly......well, some of us anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Every time there's any kind of military action it's going to start the next war. This dance with Iran has gone on for decades, and has gone very hot at times, and yet we still haven't gone to war with them. Or anyone else that we've had serious incidents with.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Trump says he's instructed Navy to 'destroy' any Iranian gunboats harassing US ships

You know this has been standard practice for at least 12 years now , yes ?
Dang , I sure hope so.

So the Navy has been ignoring standing orders the last how many dozen times Iran has done this?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: EternalShadow

Every time there's any kind of military action it's going to start the next war. This dance with Iran has gone on for decades, and has gone very hot at times, and yet we still haven't gone to war with them. Or anyone else that we've had serious incidents with.

I agree. However, we've never been in such a severe economic downturn WORLDWIDE, and as trends forecaster Gerald Celente says:

"Currency wars, trade wars, then they take you to war..."

Considering the unprecedented territory we find ourselves in currently, I'd say ol' Gerald isn't blowing too much smoke at this point.

edit on 4/22/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Dang , I sure hope so.

So the Navy has been ignoring standing orders the last how many dozen times Iran has done this?

Wait , what ?

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Some folks refuse to look at history .

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Dang , I sure hope so.

Wait , what ?

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Some folks refuse to look at history .

What history is anyone refusing to look at?

You claimed it's been standard practice for 12 years for US ships to attack Iranian boats that harass our ships. If that's true, why didn't the US ship that was harassed by Iranian boats last week attack them? Did that Captain disobey orders?

Please, enlighten us.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think this world needs a little more imagination and creativity.

Native Americans had a tradition called Counting Coup. Basically you sneak up on your enemy and just touch them or leave something behind to show you were there. It showed the enemy that you could have killed them at any time, but were you brave enough not to.

Instead of "destroying" and Iranian ship, drop a pound of bacon on their deck. No lives lost, message sent.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah...
We never had wars before trump..

Sure, the US has had involvement in more wars that any other country in modern history, perhaps even in all of history, and well before Trump.

But all governments in all countries have used the same 'bait and switch' attention trick at some time or other.

You sure have a mad-on for the USA and especially Trump, what gives? Did we pee in your kiwi flakes or something?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah...
We never had wars before trump..

Sure, the US has had involvement in more wars that any other country in modern history, perhaps even in all of history, and well before Trump.

But all governments in all countries have used the same 'bait and switch' attention trick at some time or other.

You sure have a mad-on for the USA and especially Trump, what gives? Did we pee in your kiwi flakes or something?

He's been brainwashed. USA/Trump bad! Very orange! He's just doing what he was told.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Nothing. Monitoring does not require doing what's described. Can you show me where monitoring is prohibited?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Nothing. Monitoring does not require doing what's described. Can you show me where monitoring is prohibited?

Some people just come here to push anti-USA propaganda. You can't expect much from them.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You don't monitor an exercise by closing in and almost hitting the ships involved.

define "almost" hitting the ships involved.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Closing within 30 feet, or closer, running back and forth in front of them. Those aren't actions you take to monitor an exercise.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Iranian ships repeatedly crossed in front and behind the U.S. vessels at extremely close range and high speeds, including multiple crossings of one ship, the Puller, with a 50-yard closest point of approach and within 10 yards of another ship, the Maui's, bow, a 5th Fleet statement said.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Some people just come here to push anti-USA propaganda. You can't expect much from them.

there is no "anti american" anything in my post.
a sovereign nation has every right to monitor what happens near their border.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well that sure is allah akbar

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If only they’d monitor instead of harass ehhhh

Their call hahaha

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You have a very interesting definition of the word "monitor".

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: face23785

When Margaret Thatcher was facing defeat in an upcoming election the 1982 Falklands war turned her fortunes , there is a precedent for manufactured wars of convenience.

Yeah Thatcher manufactured Argentina invading a sovereign British territory.

Wow, she forced the Junta to invade? That's some 4D Chess there.

How did she do that?

She didn't force them, She opened the door.

Much like Pearl Harbor.

You are correct though in that nobody forced the Japanese nor the Argentine forces to invade sovereign territories.

They made that decision all by themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That should have been a Standing Order Since the End of the Viet Nam War . WTF has Happened to People in Government Today ? National Sovereignty Dictates a Offensive Response to Any Threat Encountered . Better Call in the Reserves , ah , Oh Wait ...........................(

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join