It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's instructed Navy to 'destroy' any Iranian gunboats harassing US ships

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

ATS needs Sarcasm HTML.

All good.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't see a problem here. Getting close enough to any Navy ship would put us in prison, and we aren't in an armed gun boat.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The problem is that there's a quiet civil war going on between the moderates and IRGC. If you look at all of these incidents, every one of them is an IRGC unit. The Iranian military is separate from the IRGC, and they're professional, and don't pull things for the most part.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

ATS needs Sarcasm HTML.

All good.

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah Thatcher manufactured Argentina invading a sovereign British territory.
You guys never get tired of pushing this kind of propaganda. It's incredible.

Perhaps research the history and the build up to the Falklands war before being so dismissive.
Yes Argentina invaded but we left the door open and the welcome mat laid out.

I've read a fair bit about it.

Argentina invaded a British territory.

Trying to blame that on Thatcher is laughable. You're just doing mental gymnastics to try to make it fit into your twisted worldview.

You're wrong. The Falklands War was in no way, shape or form "manufactured" by Thatcher. Grow up.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're wrong. The Falklands War was in no way, shape or form "manufactured" by Thatcher. Grow up.

If you say so.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
IMO,the US are baiting Iran here.
Don't you think that if the Iranians were "doing excercises"with warships and attack helicopters off the US coast,the US would find it appropriate to respond by "harrassing" them?(at the very least)
You are damn right they would!
And that is exactly what the Iranians are doing.

I am not saying Iran are the good guys or anything,but-
The only reason the US are doing this is to piss the Iranians off.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This shouldn't even be a second thought. If these crafts are in international waters coming that close to our ships regardless of what side of the aisle you stand on the forces need to be able to defend themselves.

Look at it from the other side. All of a sudden this crap becomes something that Iran does over and over and Trump gives the message to not defend yourself than one day a boat gets too close and kills some of our service people or possibly an ally then where do we sit from our inaction against repeated threats because Iran isn't going to stop doing it.

You can warn the person that keeps pushing you but at some point if you want the pushing to start you need to push them back and unfortunately dealing with Iran and some of these other regimes this is the trap that they lay.

It is a no win situation for anyone especially for something like this but I don't think any president is wrong by giving the order to our troops to defend themselves. In this day and age and the stuff that has happened over the world in the past several years you have to take any threat as serious.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Don't you think that if the Iranians were "doing excercises"with warships and attack helicopters off the US coast,the US would find it appropriate to respond by "harrassing" them?(at the very least)
You are damn right they would!
And that is exactly what the Iranians are doing.

I am not saying Iran are the good guys or anything,but-
The only reason the US are doing this is to piss the Iranians off.

Russian planes come "off the US coast" all the time. We don't buzz them within 20 feet. We go up and observe them and warn them off. We don't do this kind of irresponsible #. This kind of unprofessional nonsense is just asking for an accident to happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

When Margaret Thatcher was facing defeat in an upcoming election the 1982 Falklands war turned her fortunes , there is a precedent for manufactured wars of convenience.

It's all in someone's lifetime, especially a politician's, and the sheep that follow, just as someone here has mentioned, to see who's got the, "biggest balls".
Funny that, you'd think that the bigger they were, the more likely they would get blown off.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It's Iran's choice to buzz our Naval Ships.

Play stupid games........

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

There's a huge difference between monitoring, which we'd do closely, and harassing. Any time a potentially hostile nation is off US waters we monitor them. We don't go out and deliberately force them to alter course by getting in front of them, or harrass them.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We don't even warn them off. We fly alongside and monitor them until they leave the ADIZ.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's almost as if having a quasi-Governmental/military group unaccountable to a Nation's Control is a bad thing..........

I agree the IRGC is going to get Iran in a ton of problems that they won't be able to get out of whole.

They have become their own little nation within a Nation.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Russian planes come "off the US coast" all the time. We don't buzz them within 20 feet. We go up and observe them and warn them off. We don't do this kind of irresponsible #. This kind of unprofessional nonsense is just asking for an accident to happen.

Fair enough,I agree its unproffesional.
The russians when they do it,are also only doing it to piss the US off,and see how far they can push.
Everyone does it I suppose.
I just find it a tad infantile is all.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree to a point, but come on. If Iran was in the Gulf of Mexico playing war games...Mexico would swarm them with 1980’s ski boats and shotguns.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Their Navy reminds me of boat chase scenes in James Bond from the 70's. Hollywood should upgrade them to those alligator submarines in Octapussy.

Wasn't that the lady that took all those fertility pills and had a litter of babies...oops never mind that was Octomom.

Pretty sure this is just for show Iran teases Trump blusters, Navy knows if they have too they can fire on them if provoked. The POTUS is just reiterating so the word reaches Iran

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I agree to a point, but come on. If Iran was in the Gulf of Mexico playing war games...Mexico would swarm them with 1980’s ski boats and shotguns.

Are the shotguns loaded with dimes?

(post by peck420 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Trump says he's instructed Navy to 'destroy' any Iranian gunboats harassing US ships

You know this has been standard practice for at least 12 years now , yes ?
Dang , I sure hope so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join