It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing and Shanghai

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Sadly, this appears to be the case.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

I believe, and perhaps it will come to light, that certain elements of The WHO were complicit in downplaying the virus leak for the benefit of China despite China's track record of accidental releases in the past, and to avoid possible problems with China's 17+1 European Plan

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I believe, and perhaps it will come to light, that certain elements of The WHO were complicit in downplaying the virus leak for the benefit of China despite China's track record of accidental releases in the past, and to avoid possible problems with China's 17+1 European Plan

Would you say that Fauci was also complicit in providing the Trump administration with poor or deceptive advice?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Sorry I'm afraid being from the UK I haven't taken enough notice of Dr Fauci to comment
I've heard there's some controversy but that's about it really

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Asia was always better prepared to fight virus outbreaks, and some areas certainly have more experience:

PPE:

Planned for not just in terms of stockpiles but local manufacturing capacity. In Singapore all businesses are advised to maintain a “3 to 6 month stockpile” of surgical masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and other equipment.

Central medical stores of PPE in Taiwan are rolled over every year in order that no element of the stock is ever out of date. In 2019, this accounted for 28 per cent, 35 per cent and 18 per cent of its vast stockpile of surgical masks, N95 respirators and gowns respectively.

And as far as Thailand goes:

“The region has experienced Nipah, SARS, avian influenza or bird flu, pandemic influenza, Zika, and of course now COVID-19. Because of their earlier experiences, ASEAN Member States were quick to agree to the international health regulations and work towards achieving the core capacity requirements under this new framework,”

Telegraph

Yep, as the saying goes once bitten twice shy.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Living in a country with a higher population than the UK and where the deaths per million is currently at 0.7 while the UK is at 267, it just seems to me that what is taking place in Europe and North America amounts to an appalling cock-up!

Are the medical authorities in these countries really so stupid? Perhaps their actions have been hampered by 'policy' decisions coming from above. I'm wondering if there might be 'certain elements' as you put it, influencing decisions so that maximum spread of the virus along with with maximum disruption and fear is produced as opposed to the public good.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
On this week's edition of "Things which make you go, Hmmmmmmm??"….

Why does Beijing and Shanghai, China's two most populous cities, only have CV-19 cases in the triple digits, and deaths in the single digits?????

For comparison, the combined population of the cities of Beijing and Shanghai is 46 million. The combined population of the entire states of CA and NY is 48 million. Bejing has 587 cases of CV-19 and 6 deaths. Shanghai has 536 cases and 6 deaths. Compare this to California which has 33,261 confirmed cases and 1,268 deaths and/or New York which has 251,690 cases and 14,828 deaths.

The virus originated in China, so how could this possibly be???

Sure, China could be lying, but not on this scale! There's enough western media in both Beijing and Shanghai that level of a coverup wouldn't last for long.

There's something we're not being told!

Because there was a complete lockdown. Going out without a mask or in gatherings would get you arrested. Not to mention they had hundreds of people spraying the streets and buildings.

They handled much better than the West has. Simple as that really.

I think you are seriously over estimating the ability to police that many people that quickly and efficiently over a geographic space so large.

Ive spent a considerable amount of time in China, which certainly doesnt make me an expert but gives me a very realistic understanding of scale.

Your claim is preposterous.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Asia was always better prepared to fight virus outbreaks, and some areas certainly have more experience:

PPE:

Planned for not just in terms of stockpiles but local manufacturing capacity. In Singapore all businesses are advised to maintain a “3 to 6 month stockpile” of surgical masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and other equipment.

Central medical stores of PPE in Taiwan are rolled over every year in order that no element of the stock is ever out of date. In 2019, this accounted for 28 per cent, 35 per cent and 18 per cent of its vast stockpile of surgical masks, N95 respirators and gowns respectively.

And as far as Thailand goes:

“The region has experienced Nipah, SARS, avian influenza or bird flu, pandemic influenza, Zika, and of course now COVID-19. Because of their earlier experiences, ASEAN Member States were quick to agree to the international health regulations and work towards achieving the core capacity requirements under this new framework,”

Telegraph

Yep, as the saying goes once bitten twice shy.

Or as is the case in the West, specifically the UK, never trust tight, lazy Tory scum who refuse to learn from anyone else that isn't British

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Why does Beijing and Shanghai, China's two most populous cities, only have CV-19 cases in the triple digits, and deaths in the single digits?????

For comparison, the combined population of the cities of Beijing and Shanghai is 46 million. The combined population of the entire states of CA and NY is 48 million. Bejing has 587 cases of CV-19 and 6 deaths. Shanghai has 536 cases and 6 deaths. Compare this to California which has 33,261 confirmed cases and 1,268 deaths and/or New York which has 251,690 cases and 14,828 deaths.

Sure, China could be lying, but not on this scale! There's enough western media in both Beijing and Shanghai that level of a coverup wouldn't last for long.

Because there was a complete lockdown. Going out without a mask or in gatherings would get you arrested. Not to mention they had hundreds of people spraying the streets and buildings.

They handled much better than the West has. Simple as that really.

I think you are seriously over estimating the ability to police that many people that quickly and efficiently over a geographic space so large.

Ive spent a considerable amount of time in China, which certainly doesnt make me an expert but gives me a very realistic understanding of scale.

Your claim is preposterous.

And I lived in China for three years, and I know this is not preposterous, because they did what they had to do, come down hard. Something we did not do here.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

They’re both lying is my sense.

China is lying to downplay the severity, quell unrest and show the world that things are “ok” since the virus originated there. Helps them save face.

US is lying by overstating the severity (I.e. counting deaths that really aren’t Covid deaths as a Covid death) and using that to keep us locked in our houses and remove Trump amongst many other grabs the blue states are going for right now.

The consistent component here is whoever “they” are, they don’t want you/me/the masses to actually know the truth of what’s going on.

And for ~50k deaths in the US.... +26mm Americans are unemployed... the real story here isn’t the virus...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join