It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Barr threatens to join lawsuits against stay-home orders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since when can States violate Federal laws and The Constitution ? 🙃 🙂

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The dangerous part is how many people are supporting the creation of the biggest financial collapse in history 😃

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It's just starting in the rural areas.

So would it have been better to wait and respond to those areas accordingly instead of have them deal Corona after economic fallout.

Here's my issue. The government hasn't been transparent and has either lied, or showed gross incompetence, I lean towards more of the latter.

The media and government downplayed this for months before pitching us a two week lockdown to flatten the curve.... Look at where we are now.

It's no wonder so many are skeptical of the authorities and don't take them at their word.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Oh he really is his puppet isn't he?
Wow.

What ever happened to states rights?

The stupidity is infectious. Wash your hands.

Yes over something as important as a cold virus that there has never ever been a vaccine for. Many many experts are now saying there may NEVER be a vaccine for COVID 19, because at its root, it's a stupid cold virus, a bad one yes, a really bad one - well for 1% of the people who catch .

SO

We must lock the nation in.
No life worth living for you - off to solitary confinement, because the governor cares for you
No liberty - off to house arrest and if you dare to even sit in your car with the windows rolled up it is a $500 fine, because your Governor cares for you
No happiness - because soul sucking isolation and a life of total worthlessness sitting on your couch becoming obese, is for your own good, because your Governor cares for you.

And for how long? Until their is a vaccine BWAHAHA (I know there may never be a vaccine because it is a cold virus), keep those filthy peons locked up is my sadistic pleasure, for their own good of course (Whitmer and other Democratic party Governors who have made insane rules the people must follow, or else)

It is looking more and more like a vaccine will be impossible, if you read the news.

So the Governors are licking their lips. "If they dare to protest, I'll just put the entire state under house arrest for another month, for their own good of course." Now we the Governors know this can go on forever because no one has ever made a vaccine for a cold virus. BWAHAHAHA

edit on 4/22/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What ever happened to states rights?

They became subservient to the supremacy clause - you know, way back when the Constitution was first implemented.

The stupidity is infectious. Wash your hands.

I agree... wash your hands, and remove these stupid lock down orders that aren't accomplishing a damned thing, and let those of us who aren't afraid of own shadows - or invisible viruses that we each carry many trillions of all the time - get back to living our lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Dying of Coranavirus bad? Dying from isolation and depression good?

Long term isolation is not safe.

The most disturbing thing about those defending/promoting the shutdowns and social distancing is how easily they dismiss, belittle and minimize the many many people who are being hurt by those same measures.

It really is all about them. They don't care who gets hurt as long as they are protected. And it's all an exercise in futility, because they can only prolong the inevitable. They will catch this virus sooner or later.

These people are more dangerous to ALL of us than this virus ever will be.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LordAhriman

Maybe he is ... Joe Biden is a boomer.

But your disgusting attitude is noted. Old people though ... I mean whatever are they good for anyway? They just keep you from selling yourself out to government servitude election after election, and then, one day, you turn around and realize you're one of those same old people and all the "cool" kids who think they know more than you are trying to bump you off because you've learned a thing or two about life in the meantime.

I didn't say anything bad about old people, just that this virus is particularly unfriendly to them. These dipsh1ts protesting in large crowds, and wanting to go back to normal prematurely, are only causing more spread. More spread = more deaf old people. Let's face it. Old people vote, and they love Trump.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Wearing a mask is for the benefit of others -- not yourself... I won't be wearing a mask in public... simply because of the risk to my own health from the possibility that I am infected, and infecting my own mask, and constantly re-infecting myself, increasing my viral load, and therefore the severity of symptoms -- and the risk of complications.

Spreading this kind of dangerous stupidity will get people killed.
I truly wish there was a way to show these disinfo agents how many deaths their actions have caused.
But maybe that's the point. In that case, good job!

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

It's not an excellent point. It's a recipe for disaster and a lot of death that is unnecessary.

The lockdowns were only ever for mitigating medical apparatus failure. If and when that happens, deaths jump from all sources.

It was never going to stop people from getting it, long term, or even deaths. It was to spread it out over time.

Many, many locales and regions are dramatically under hospital capacity. The very thing that was supposedly the reason for shutting everything down, social measures, etc.

Notably: Economic failure will have exactly the same result for the medical establishment as the system being overwhelmed. Meaning, failure. However, it has even further reaching implications as well.
edit on 22-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Notably: Economic failure will have exactly the same result for the medical establishment as the system being overwhelmed. Meaning, failure. However, it has even further reaching implications as well.

We're already seeing hospitals lay off non medical staff. At some point those support roles that are missing are going to have an impact.

I don't know why people have faith in a government that did nothing to foresee any of this.... So who's to say they'll forsee the economic ramifications micro and macro?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

In my mind.. The goal is to ride the balance between hospital capacity and building innate immune response in society. We are failing on a lot of that now, and that can snowball.. horrifically.

I guess some dont see how "the economy" is just as relevant to medical response efficacy as overwhelming case loads?

Thats not even bringing the Constitutional issues.

I do suspect many people in positions of power want that. They have been working towards it in one way or another for decades. Im not a fan of Hanlons Razor.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Since when can States violate Federal laws and The Constitution ? 🙃 🙂

They did that by becoming Sanctuaries for people here illegally. Thankfully, the courts ruled in March that the Feds can financially punish those states.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Serdgiam

We're already seeing hospitals lay off non medical staff. At some point those support roles that are missing are going to have an impact.

I don't know why people have faith in a government that did nothing to foresee any of this.... So who's to say they'll forsee the economic ramifications micro and macro?

The layoffs are being used as reasons for "Single Payer" Government run healthcare.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

"Lock her up!" boomeranged on us, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In some places, they say you cannot drive up to your church in your car and listen to your pastor on a low power AM frequency without ever rolling down a window, but you can drive through McD's and pass stuff back and forth through the drive-thru window all day.

Why can't you do one but not the other especially when freedom of religion is specifically spelled out, all social distancing is being observed, and the other is frikken drive-thru.

Why in Michigan can you not travel from one of your own houses to the other inside the state, but someone who lives outside the state can travel in to one of their own houses inside the state?

Why are we arresting lone paddle boarders in California?

Those are the types of things they're stepping in on.

Because repeatedly the attendees choose to get out of their cars and mingle after the service.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Uh-huh.

We all read your post. We know what you want. You want dead Trump supporters. Just have the guts to be minimally intellectually honest about it. It's OK. We already knew it anyhow. You're cheering for the virus to do what you don't have the guts to go do for yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

You have proof of this, of course, because if that was really the reason for it, don't you think the idiot who made the rule in the first place would have cited that in his defense?

He needed the governor to "provide clear guidance".

Reeves has said during public appearances in the past two weeks that he does not believe government can ban religious services, but he has also asked pastors and other religious leaders to hold worship services online rather than in person because of the pandemic.

Simmons said Reeves provided clear guidance about worship services Wednesday during a call with mayors.

“The governor stated today ... for the very first time that drive-in church services where families stay in their cars with windows up are safe,” Simmons said.

During a news conference Wednesday in Jackson, Reeves said that Greenville police made people roll down their windows at drive-in church services to be ticketed.

So, if the Mayor was ordering this in Greenville because parishoners weren't staying in their cars, why didn't he say so when pressed and facing legal action and national scrutiny? Why did he blame the governor for "not providing clear guidance" which if weak at best?

If anyone is creating a public health issue, it was the police in forcing parishoners to roll down their windows to accept the tickets. As for people mingling after a service ... how is that any different than people mingling in the grocery store parking lot after shopping or after having gone through the McD's drive-thru or at any other place where people may meet?

edit on 22-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I didn't say anything bad about old people, just that this virus is particularly unfriendly to them.

Using insulting slurs to refer to people, is in fact saying something "bad." There were other neutral terms that you could have used, such as "seniors" and "elders." And "old people" is only slightly better than "boomers."

These dipsh1ts protesting in large crowds, and wanting to go back to normal prematurely, are only causing more spread. More spread = more deaf old people.

Here we go again. No. Protesters are not "causing" anything. At most, Mother Nature is. But you have absolutely no way of knowing if any protesters are infected, contagious, or even passing it on to anyone.

Also, there is nothing "premature" about demanding an end to what never should have happened to begin with.

University researchers find ‘no additional decline’ in coronavirus infection rate from lockdowns

And FYI: Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be ‘exterminated’ if lockdowns were lifted

Let's face it. Old people vote, and they love Trump.

They also vote Democrat and independent and third party...

But I guess we'll find out in November just which way the majority of seniors vote... And whether they feel "protected" by these measures, or abandoned, or thrown to the wolves, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Realistically.. Even if they did.. Its kind of irrelevant unless hospital occupancy in that area spikes above 100%

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join