It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme leader on deathbed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

a reply to: BlackOops

Would at least a link in the OP about the topic be too much to ask for?

It's scuttlebutt at this point, but it's been widely speculated from a lot of sources, enough to warrant a theoretical discussion.

Also, it's like the 3rd time in as many days you've changed your avatar. Is the corono lockdown getting to you???

And deal with it.

Yes ma'am.....

May I be excused back to the wood shed now....

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Would at least a link in the OP about the topic be too much to ask for?

It's scuttlebutt at this point, but it's been widely speculated from a lot of sources, enough to warrant a theoretical discussion.

Also, it's like the 3rd time in as many days you've changed your avatar. Is the corono lockdown getting to you???

And deal with it.

Yes ma'am.....

May I be excused back to the wood shed now....

Just a minute... finding the proper whip.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Has anyone checked the simpsons to see if this a true event?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Any characters that are 5 foot 6 and 290 lbs. a reply to: interupt42

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

No. I'd rather see a Korean union than China take over the north. A Korean union on the terms of South Korea.

It would be amazing if SK would just absorb the entire NK region under their laws/government. But I can't imagine the "shellshock" for the NK people if they leaped forward from a distant 3rd world country into the forefront of the asian region. Now THAT would require a very slow buildup, otherwise the effects would be like a deep diver going through violent decompression.

Not really, there is a fault in SK though. Its called overworked. NK seems more laxed. They both need to learn from each other. SK already has dying population age but not NK. So they seem to be doing something right. Korea used to have a Two king period. It needs to happen again because SK is doing some really wrong. US base needs to fking leave Koreans alone, they are totally destroying Korean preservation. No one needs to be stealing civilian tax money for foreign bases. It is fking stupid and waste of resources.
edit on 21-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What resources? The world has given N.K billions and they give missile tests. North Korea has some natural beauty but what natural resources do they have? Oil seems to be a problem... Farming with a low yield due to geography and low tech seems to an issue for a population of 26,000,000 people. . a reply to: makemap

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

No. I'd rather see a Korean union than China take over the north. A Korean union on the terms of South Korea.

It would be amazing if SK would just absorb the entire NK region under their laws/government. But I can't imagine the "shellshock" for the NK people if they leaped forward from a distant 3rd world country into the forefront of the asian region. Now THAT would require a very slow buildup, otherwise the effects would be like a deep diver going through violent decompression.

Not really, there is a fault in SK though. Its called overworked. NK seems more laxed. They both need to learn from each other. SK already has dying population age but not NK. So they seem to be doing something right. Korea used to have a Two king period. It needs to happen again because SK is doing some really wrong. US base needs to fking leave Koreans alone, they are totally destroying Korean preservation. No one needs to be stealing civilian tax money for foreign bases. It is fking stupid and waste of resources.

Wait , what ?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: makemap

Wait , what ?

Yea those “day” camps are easy peasy compared to SK

SMH

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Most N.K. people are home schooled by radio and TV plus a little bit of hungry. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

the Chinese step in and shut down 3 generations of KIM threats and make N. Korea more into a functional country

The Korean people would not let China takeover its country anymore than the US would.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
North or South? a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackOops
North or South? a reply to: JAGStorm

Both

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
One Kim goes

Another Kim replaces

As Darth Vader said, "It's sister": nypost.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I lived in China for years and had many conversations with North Koreans in China. They told me face to face that yes they would like the Koreas to be reunited under South Korea ideals, but China is so much better than what they come from. Also I lived in South Korea. Kreply to: JAGStorm

edit on 22-4-2020 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2020 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If Kim dies, someone more corrupt could assume power. He reminds me of a kid who loves his cheese and is trying to act like he is the all powerful OZ. Maybe if he didn't have that position he might be a decent guy. He was conditioned to be a leader from young but I do not think deep down he really likes the way he is.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I lived in China for years and had many conversations with North Koreans in China. They told me face to face that yes they would like the Koreas to be reunited under South Korea ideals, but China is so much better then what they come from. Kreply to: JAGStorm

I’m Korean. (Korean-American I don’t like titles like that and normally just say I’m American, but just for sake of clarity in my explanation below)

My mom is olddddddddddd school Korean, you know when they were the same country.

Koreans are to Chinese as the Scottish are to the British. One can never tame the other, no matter how hard they try....The Koreans and Scott’s are so similar in so many ways.

Although separated by north & south, all Koreans say we are the same blood. I’ve heard interviews from North Korea defectors, they say the same thing.

Sure pretty much anything is better than NK right now including China, but that doesn’t mean they want to be something they are not. If I were starving in an oppressive regime I’d want to escape anywhere “better” too.

Reunification would be what most Koreans desire, I hope most in the world would see that as the best outcome.
edit on 22-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

or maybe just " korea "

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

east germany [ DDR ] integrated into the new germany - with little issue

the gulf between ROK and NK is greater - than FDR //DDR - but people adapt

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I lived in China for years and had many conversations with North Koreans in China. They told me face to face that yes they would like the Koreas to be reunited under South Korea ideals, but China is so much better then what they come from. Kreply to: JAGStorm

I’m Korean. (Korean-American I don’t like titles like that and normally just say I’m American, but just for sake of clarity in my explanation below)

My mom is olddddddddddd school Korean, you know when they were the same country.

Koreans are to Chinese as the Scottish are to the British. One can never tame the other, no matter how hard they try....The Koreans and Scott’s are so similar in so many ways.

Although separated by north & south, all Koreans say we are the same blood. I’ve heard interviews from North Korea defectors, they say the same thing.

Sure pretty much anything is better than NK right now including China, but that doesn’t mean they want to be something they are not. If I were starving in an oppressive regime I’d want to escape anywhere “better” too.

Reunification would be what most Koreans desire, I hope most in the world would see that as the best outcome.

I think that's an excellent analogy(to the english example) and a very poignant response from someone familiar with the culture.

I don't have anything to add, other than I'd hope that's what the rest of the world(as I, as some midwestern US hick), really hopes for. The Korean people need to be united, under the betterment of the SK government, for the sake of both people to usher in a new reign of prosperity for all.

The NK government has held back it's people for so long, while the SK's have prospered. Every Korean (N or S) should reap the benefits of prosperity within their own hands.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Kind of like the Berlin Wall. In my business dealings in Germany, The "absorption of East Germany " to West. Many older folks there wanted it but still complain about the economical impact on them as older folks.. But I was told it was worth it because the time passed was not as long and families could be together. With that said, the time apart, the brain washing effect might make it more difficult in this case. If your grandfather can tell you, it's one thing. If KIm tells you, it's a different thing. Also, I can speak Korean and Chinese. a reply to: [post=25124398]JAGStorm[/post

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join