It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Infected by Covid-19 due to Wisconsin Governor-Court forcing April 7th In-person Voting.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: madmac5150
The tally keeps rising. It's up to 19 Covid-19 cases now!
abcnews.go.com...

that link also says this;

But a department spokesperson told ABC News that several of those people "reported other possible exposures as well." Officials are hesitant to link the new cases of the coronavirus directly to the election.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It was incredibly stupid, for sure.

The governor tried to push for vote-by-mail. The supreme court overruled. From your link:

The state's Democratic governor tried to shift the election to vote-by-mail and postpone it, but he was blocked by the conservative majorities on the Wisconsin Supreme Court and in the Republican-controlled Legislature, prompting the chairman of the state Democratic Party to warn that voters would die as a result.

What gets me is how the governor waited until it was 20 hours before the polls opened, before he called off the state primary.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I can't recall the name of the country right now, but about 15 years ago, starved and sickly people stood in the hot sun for hours, just to exercise their right to vote for the first time.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Democrats will do anything to push forward with vote by mail-in to help them steal the election.

Democrat donors are receiving e-mails from the DNC urging them to push their local Congressmen for mail-in and electronic voting this November.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It was incredibly stupid, for sure.

The governor tried to push for vote-by-mail. The supreme court overruled. From your link:

The state's Democratic governor tried to shift the election to vote-by-mail and postpone it, but he was blocked by the conservative majorities on the Wisconsin Supreme Court and in the Republican-controlled Legislature, prompting the chairman of the state Democratic Party to warn that voters would die as a result.

Nice try.
The governor intentionally waited, and called for postponing around 10:30 AM the day before the polls opened at 6:00 AM.

The Supreme court only had the option of interpreting the law, not re-writing it.
This should have been requested by the Governor weeks prior.

This is/was complete inaction on the governors part, and he needs to be held accountable.

President Trump endorsed some candidate which caused the governor of Wisconsin to panic at the last minute.

Here's more info on that: www.politifact.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: carewemust

Like we're supposed to believe all of a sudden one of the liberal news outlets is telling the truth???

Of course, they're not very smart, but they think 2 steps ahead. Almost every news outlet is reporting the Covid-19 infections linked to the Wisconsin primary.

Several of them are also running follow-up opinions stating that Wisconsin's little voting-related Covid19 spike will be magnified 100,000 fold, if in-person voting is allowed for the Presidential election in November.

WHO/WHAT is the authority that would authorize mail-in or internet voting on a national scale? The Supreme Court??

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wait till you find out how many idiots were infected while out protesting this virus.

Since only 0.03% of Americans have been killed by the Flu and Covid-19 combined, it doesn't matter how many "catch" either one.

Only rabid politicians, Mainstream Media, and easily manipulated people, think either disease is a "crisis".

How many people need to die from this for it to matter to you ?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How many people will it take committing suicide for you to support ending the lockdown?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How many people will it take committing suicide for you to support ending the lockdown?

People commit suicide for many reasons, why do you think it supports your argument implying I am responsible for other people's choices?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

People die of infectious diseases everyday.

Is one lockdown related suicide too much?

How about the increase in abuse related to the lockdowns?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Democrats are not the ones against paper ballots right now. That's a conservative thing. Also, could they not have picked up the virus at Walmart on their way home?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Why does the government get to use an act of god to restrict civil rights to move the needle on who dies, sufferers, and lives?

The devastating consequences of coronavirus lockdowns in poor countries
A one-size-fits-all approach to fighting the virus could lead to even more suffering in the developing world.
By Kelsey Piper on April 18, 2020 7:30 am

www.vox.com...

But while these policies are well-intentioned, they’re not working. In fact, they may be causing even more suffering. In El Salvador, crowds of people swarmed the capital begging for aid more than a week after the lockdown was announced. Researchers in India report that they’ve already documented hundreds of deaths caused by the lockdown, including people who died of starvation and migrants fleeing the cities for rural areas who collapsed of exhaustion or were run over on the roads.

There were numerous add campaigns informing something like one in seven US citizens struggle with hunger. What happen to those add campaigns during the lockdown? Wonder how those people are getting along now. I remember why schools “had” to provide lunches during the summer? Wonder how those children fed by the school lunch programs are getting along?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Why does the government get to use an act of god to restrict civil rights to move the needle on who dies, sufferers, and lives? 

That question is better aimed at agent Orange, he's the one with the executive pen, I just get to do what I'm told like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: neutronflux

That question is better aimed at agent Orange, he's the one with the executive pen, I just get to do what I'm told like everyone else.

Name one lockdown implemented by President Trump that overrides the orders implemented by state governors.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So magically it's less than 14 days now. Same as Michigan but they are reporting people have died bit it hasn't been a week.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Are you talking about the January 2005 Iraqi parliamentary election? Yup, people feel the pull of voting.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They still have not answered HOW they linked these people getting the wuhan virus to the polling lines.

Until they prove that, which they can't, I don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Governor Evers, whom I can't stand, did try to go to straight mail-in voting, but he was taken to court. It was the state Supremes who told him he couldn't do that and that in-person voting was on.

Mail-in voting is flawed. Thousands of ballots went unmailed or were never returned to city clerks after they were mailed.

Email voting? Forget it!

Part of the reason people came up with CV is that they did not distance and wear masks. The local news showed them on TV. They actually thought it was funny to not comply with basic advice regarding CV. Some also protested having to do in-person voting.

You can't win if the ignorant will not comply with measures to protect themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm sure this is all leading to alternative voting methods. Cheating politicians definitely want people to mail in votes because they know the loopholes they built in to the Help America Vote Act. That's clear from the Accessible Voting Act bill that was introduced in January...it's currently in the committee phase.

But, the problem is, the USPS is tanking hard, right now. Congress has been setting the stage for more than a decade to tank it. If it tanks before the election, will people mail their ballots via private shippers like UPS and FedEx? They can open whatever they want...there's no oversight.

In the alternative, I think they will roll out the online voting system they've been developing for years. Perhaps as the new Accessible Voting bill is amended, by committee, it will find its way in.

edit on 4/22/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Democrats are not the ones against paper ballots right now. That's a conservative thing. Also, could they not have picked up the virus at Walmart on their way home?

Some of the ones who have it are election judges (like me) and clerks. Judges are generally older people (retirees) - like me, who are at high risk. Also note that these are people who were sick enough to go for medical help. There's no telling how many more might test positive for COVID-19 if the tests were available.

I'm concerned about what will happen in November. Without me, 500-1,000 people won't be able to vote. HOWEVER... my husband is in a very high risk category for illness and death. What I may do is get a hotel room for 2 weeks after election day so that I can keep him safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join