It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will City life have to change after the coronavirus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If there is an after, City life may have to change drastically. We're in the age of Biological Warfare and cities are hotbed targets because people are on top of each other. Look at the recent numbers for new deaths.

New York - 764
New Jersey - 376
Massachusetts- 152
Pennsylvania - 216
Illinois - 119
Michigan - 232
Connecticut - 92

Now, California is doing very well for such a big state. They have 39.5 million people in the State but only 57 new deaths.

Texas has a population of 29 million with 12 new deaths.

www.worldometers.info...

It looks like the virus has a harder time spreading in more open areas. The states that have cities where everyone lives on top of each other are hit the hardest.

I remember visting Philly and I loved the cheesesteak but hated how everthing was so tight. I remember telling my friend I couldn't live their becauses the houses were too close.

The best thing New York and others could do if these numbers also hold from County to County, is to evacuate the cities as much as possible and the State can lease out houses and apartments in places that's more open in the State. The bad part about that is peope living in those areas will not want a wave of folks from the City moving to their Counties.

If you could spread out the population though and have some people leave the State if they can, you could have done more. Now it's too late to do that.

We're getting close to the point where they will have to quarantine places like New York and New Jersey and say you can't leave the State unless you take a test for coronavirus. Too many people who have the virus are asymptomatic and can still spread it.These places might just be on lockdown until a vaccine is discovered.

How could a State like New York change after this? Is this even possible?
edit on 21-4-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Interesting theory you propose. Hypothetically yes, something will have to change in super cities like NY, Tokyo etc. in the wake of this pandemic although TPTB want us all living in super cities so unlikely.

I do not believe that residents of these cities would be overly keen on the idea of a country lifestyle. Furthermore, housing availability would be a real issue wouldn't it? Where would 10m+ New Yorkers find a home?

I live in country Australia and can unequivocally attest to the fact that we like our space, peace and quiet. Very few city slickers are a cultural fit for life out here either.

Should city slickers be relocated to the country the government best ensure there is not only a wood heater or they will all freeze to death when it comes time to cut and stack firewood then light a fire without an app or paid service to do it for them

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

People choose to live in a city.

They are not forced into the lifestyle... it is a choice.

The vast majority of them look down on rural people... hell, they even want to get rid of the Electoral College in the USA so that we backwards country folk are not represented.

Let's just let social Darwinism take its natural course.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that CA and TX are huge land wise in comparison to MI, NJ and other small states with high counts of CV19 cases and deaths. I think it makes a difference even though there are large metropolitan areas in both.

And you're 100% correct. Cities are hotbed targets.

At this point, the mentality of city folks is much different than other areas. In many cases, they have already given over many rights and are more accepting of big brother. It's sad but true that many of them don't have the funds to move and are basically locked in with big government and their handouts. Also, with over 60% of Americans having chronic health issues, yet another ball and chain in staying with larger cities.

Many people are just fearful of leaving and cutting the apron strings to the security that large cities afford. It's too bad because many small towns are continuing to die down, in desperate need of employees and afford a generally safer lifestyle. Also, most jobs pay more money in large cities but in accordance with that, the cost of living is also higher but much more to do and much more crime. Live in a small town, earn less, pay less, have a more peaceful existence.

There's pros and cons to each. The risk of disease, being a victim of crime, lack of food in occasional disasters etc. are all reasons enough for some to avoid living in the cities.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Interesting theory you propose. Hypothetically yes, something will have to change in super cities like NY, Tokyo etc. in the wake of this pandemic although TPTB want us all living in super cities so unlikely.

I do not believe that residents of these cities would be overly keen on the idea of a country lifestyle. Furthermore, housing availability would be a real issue wouldn't it? Where would 10m+ New Yorkers find a home?

I live in country Australia and can unequivocally attest to the fact that we like our space, peace and quiet. Very few city slickers are a cultural fit for life out here either.

Should city slickers be relocated to the country the government best ensure there is not only a wood heater or they will all freeze to death when it comes time to cut and stack firewood then light a fire without an app or paid service to do it for them

Good points!

It will be hard for them to survive but there may not be another choice.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I would just like to point out that CA and TX are huge land wise in comparison to MI, NJ and other small states with high counts of CV19 cases and deaths. I think it makes a difference even though there are large metropolitan areas in both.

And you're 100% correct. Cities are hotbed targets.

At this point, the mentality of city folks is much different than other areas. In many cases, they have already given over many rights and are more accepting of big brother. It's sad but true that many of them don't have the funds to move and are basically locked in with big government and their handouts. Also, with over 60% of Americans having chronic health issues, yet another ball and chain in staying with larger cities.

Many people are just fearful of leaving and cutting the apron strings to the security that large cities afford. It's too bad because many small towns are continuing to die down, in desperate need of employees and afford a generally safer lifestyle. Also, most jobs pay more money in large cities but in accordance with that, the cost of living is also higher but much more to do and much more crime. Live in a small town, earn less, pay less, have a more peaceful existence.

There's pros and cons to each. The risk of disease, being a victim of crime, lack of food in occasional disasters etc. are all reasons enough for some to avoid living in the cities.

True!

Maybe things can change if more of these jobs start to spread out. New York is known for hustle and bustle but a shift is needed. Many of these cities needs an upgrade. We need more open and smart cities.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The vast majority of them look down on rural people... hell, they even want to get rid of the Electoral College in the USA so that we backwards country folk are not represented.

Not to mention you got to dig deep into the numbers to make any educated guesses, 1/6 of Georgia's deaths are in one rural county with less than 100,000 that has a small town in it.

The only way this will affect cities is we might see a push for stay at home workers/ varied hours that kind of thing. Going to take a lot more to lead an exodus from the cities. Unless people are way to over reactionary.

PS just figured out you got a new avatar LOL thought you had retired to the root cellar.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I think it has alot more to do with cool and wet vs sunny and dry. The virus spreads via fluid. your spit, snot, etc. so places that are dry, and sunny should have less cases then those that are cold and wet. To me, that is why the east coast is getting hit hard. Yes people are living on top of each other, and yes if you ever took a bus or subway in NYC, you'd know its freaking nasty, so very good chance at exposure. However, I think as with any virus, you give us 10 days of hot sunny days, and you will see this virus die down. (Meanwhile in northern pa, we got 2 inches of snow today)

Camain

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

People crowded together and a contagious disease. Need we say more?

Urban areas are dead zones from almost any survival perspective. This is just an example view in real time.

How would we spread them out? Everybody gets 40 acres and a mule? I agree the concept makes sense but I'm not sure how we would implement it.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

In my observation it's not the vast majority looking down on them. It's the same kind of Dumbasses as the rural people. Both looking down on the other side. While the vast majority has an understanding they are all just people living their life placed in an environment that their parents have given birth to them in and only a few can make the switch as it is not easy to do so. (it takes a little more then get a place to stay and a job).

Most cities are just big villages in my opinion. The inhabitants are annoying just like villagers.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, if you have figured the avatar out then I naturally have to change it..

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That or all they all start buying houses in the rural areas and attract developers to ruin all of our land so that the city folk can move in and then complain that it's not like the city they came from. So they start taking over and pushing us rural folk further into the boonies.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

That or all they all start buying houses in the rural areas and attract developers to ruin all of our land so that the city folk can move in and then complain that it's not like the city they came from. So they start taking over and pushing us rural folk further into the boonies.

Yea...

I watch that happen where I live but not like you are envisioning it.

City folk vacation here, they dream of living here, they retire, they buy a house and live here...

Wife makes a big garden, husband fishes and hunts and tries to blend in with the locals...

Within the first two years, the wife goes batsnip crazy because there isn't a Starbucks or a mall or a McDonalds or anything really within 80 miles...

Husband doesn't really make any friends besides the other retiree husbands who are entirely out of their league as well...

The wife goes back to the city to live closer to the kids...

The husband kicks around for another year or two, gives up and moves back with the wife...

Selling the house to the newly retired couple from the city who have a dream!

And the cycle continues.

edit on 21-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Nooo, I was beginning to like the silhouette, though I do like this one as well. You are indeed multi-talented and a learned woman

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Nooo, I was beginning to like the silhouette, though I do like this one as well. You are indeed multi-talented and a learned woman

I've never understood how someone can just wear the same avatar forever.

It's like wearing the same shirt or the same dress...

Every day forever.

That isn't normal... it's a cry for help.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I predict black or dark grey n95 masks will be the new trend in new York with matching gloves and sunglasses.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Covid-19 is just the shiny-object that hypnotized America into temporary insanity.

With Covid-19 death claiming less than 0.03% of the U.S. population, it's one of the smallest potential killers.

Most everyone will soon go back to life as normal, with or without the state-governments' permission.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Great thread topic thank you.

I've been asking myself the same question lately. Wondering if things will go back to normal and I don't think they ever will.

I am forced to wear a mask at work and it was weird to adapt to. At first I threw away my cheap little mask they gave me so I had to cut a t-shirt and tie it around my face like a bandana and it really messed with my breathing and almost gave me a panic attack.

Now we all have two nice ones and we look like mortal Kombat characters.

But seeing all the masks around and wearing my own has made me realize that one thing will change, and that's people in the US wearing masks as often and and regularly as China has been.

That's just one small thing.....

I don't think people will ever get back to normal.......plus once this thing does seem to be fading into the past it'll be next flu season.....

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i'm gonna with "things probably should change, but they probably won't" as the most likely outcome.

and not just in terms of living density, but in things like availability of healthcare, government assistance, and so on. Covid has shown just how brittle our current capitalist system is and how readily it fails the majority of the population - when most of us are living paycheck to paycheck and one upset like this messes everyone up, you know things aint how they should be - but rest assured, guaranteed, in six months to a year absolutely everything is going to be back to how it was, back to barreling towards that late stage capital cliff.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Your mega cities will become this: OPEN DOOR PRISONS

That is MIM's Street Talk

And if you have any doubt, have you been outside lately.
I'll be posting a few pictures soon, like later today.
The "OPEN DOOR PRISON" is a silent prison with no key to open the door to a free and thoughtful society of a future of prosperity.

Its here people. We just need the incompetent govt. officials just to announce it. They won't because they don't want to lose their "freedom".

I've said in the past, it is no longer what you KNOW, it is now WHO YOU KNOW, that will share the key to your open door prison for you can escape to NEVER NEVER LAND.

Sorry, but that is exactly the state of mind the power brokers are grooming us for by throwing out "free money" to trap you into the " spider web trap" of no return to what life used to be like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join