It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Demon In Disguise [DE2020] ..Non-writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A Demon In Disguise [DE2020] [DE2020]

The little boy did not know, he was mesmerized by the method, the manipulation was covert, but he was being controlled by something and he would not see what it was, he just did what he was told to do, by the adults surrounding him.

He went to school, he went to synagogue, Sunday school, learned the Bible and the 5 Books of Moses, was taught many subjects and was raised to believe in a God, an all knowing omnipotent being. The burning bush, the 10 commandments, the parting of the Red Sea and the 10 plagues, just to name a few of the fabled stories, he wasn't alone, all the children around him were taught the same ideas, as undisputed facts. They were all pounded daily with "facts" and tested along the way, not just religion, but everything, from history and math, to science and biology, unsuspecting all the way, until a certain age, when the answers just did not make sense.

Toe the line, be a good soldier and carry on, or question all authority and rebel. Some children are provoked by trauma, some peer pressure, to behave a certain way, especially when puberty begins, that is when the real changes begin, bodies change, brains become more aware, developing a sense of what they want to be as adults, or at least a path is being formed to go down, and somewhere hiding in the shadows is "A Demon In Disguise".

As the young man reached the age of 11, he was becoming old enough to be trained in his religion on how to become a man, he began learning portions of the Torah and becoming part of the congregation, all with the eventual ceremony that would crown him a man at the age of 13, his Bar Mitzvah, after circumcision, the 2nd most important event in a young Jewish boys life.

That which was supposed to be the holiest, involving the holiest members, the Rabbi and the Cantor, the latter of the 2 being the most involved in the training of said boy, tutoring him on how to sing and read the Torah, a strenuous process that required one on one time spent with the Cantor; The boy needed special attention due to a hearing problem and the Cantor was all to happy to oblige special time and assistance for the boy, it would be his pleasure to assist.

Above and beyond the call of duty, the Cantor donated much time to the boy, going as far as letting him spend the weekend as his house guest for many months, all with the supposed reason involving the boy not learning quickly and needing more direction on Hebrew, his parents were very understanding and appreciative of the time the Cantor invested in their son, they were relieved that someone was so willing to help.

A Demon in disguise was behind the Cantors eyes, meticulous and cunning, the Cantor slowly took more and more control, to the point where he actually proceeded to attempt to have the boy removed from his family for neglect. In cahoots with a friend, who worked in Child Protective Services, the Cantor initiated a formal complaint which was done anonymously, the boys parents never knew who filed the complaint, the boy knew, because he was being manipulated into believing his parents did not care and did not want him anymore.

They did not know the Cantor, while smiling to their faces was trying to steal their child. They were grateful. The boy was happy he was being treated so well by his Cantor, the boy got to eat what he wanted, watch what he wanted on television, play the music he wanted, drink beer and liquor, smoke pot and cigarettes, look at dirty magazines and drive a car, all under the age of 14 and until he was 16 the relationship continued.

The Demon in disguise remained a secret hidden deep inside the memory recesses of the boy now a man, he still had no idea what had actually happened to him, until a very fateful night where he wanted to end it all, at the ripe age of 27, the man wanted to get out of the life he was in and find a better way to deal with his own inner demons, he began searching for the final way to go to another life.

His black cat MJ, who had been with him now for a year, jumped up on the chest of the now crying man and unleashed the demon in disguise, the memories flooded his mind, back they went to the very first time the demon had shown up in his life, the very weekend the Cantor to be had been an invited guest to stay in their house for a religious retreat, the man was not a member of the congregation just yet, the boy was not being tutored for his Bar Mitzvah just yet, they had just met, it was then that the man stopped crying and understood for the very first time what had happened to him that weekend, he had been sexually abused by his Cantor to be, the demon in disguise was in the Cantors eyes.

All that became of the man was a result of what happened to him as a child, the inward anger turned outward, the demon was no longer hidden in the shadows, things began to make sense finally for the first time, the reasons why choices were made, the actions of the boy as he became an adult, the struggles to overcome adversity every step of the way, now made sense. What a relief for the man he had become, now the real work began; Changing his mentality from being a degenerate to being a victim.

This would take many years of therapy, many trials and tribulations, many apologies and a directed attack on his former Cantor, the source of so much of his anger needed to be dealt with, closure was the intended goal; Alas, some demons can not be eradicated fully.

The man has finally realized that closure is a fallacy, but there is a benefit to receiving an apology nonetheless. Was the ending result optimal, no, but the life that was going to be taken that fateful night, was at least spared and allowed to continue onward, regardless of the path, it was life finally free of the demons in disguise.
edit on Tue Apr 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Impactful story- I feel sorrowful for that little boy.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Thank you, very kind of you. And thanks to whomever edited my title for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That read left a bad feeling, way to close to reality to discard it as some twisted demon fantasy. Probably more common than we think. All hierarchical organisations are prone to abuse!

I think it is important to write about such openly.

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Damn that was really dark.

Fits well in ATS though. Good work.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

Sadly for me, I am the lead character, and yes it was about my inner demons and the demon that accosted me and caused me to go down a very dark path.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The world can be a very dark and cruel place for the innocent, succumbing to the demons that infiltrate their unsuspecting souls. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So sorry, I just realized I never included "The END" in my original draft. I will also be posting the link that I was supposed to do, sheesh, I hope I have not been disqualified....Ummm, can I write more than one entry? I had a very strange dream last night that pertains to demons and I wanted to share if allowed to do so, otherwise I will just write about it anyway, lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

I did forgot the end as well just make another post with THE END in this thread.
I also did make another short story, apparently it is ok...

Sincerely NC

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

THE END!

top topics

join