It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: revolutionaryawareness

originally posted by: Raggedyman

If people have freewill then the evil is not Gods responsibility

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Isaiah 45:7

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."

Genesis 1:7

What translations are those quotes from and why did you choose that bible version to quote, interesting
Are you a King Janes only Christian
King James only atheist?

Very strange choice

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
You live in a society based on the reformation

No, I live in a secular society, where church and state are separate. (UK). The US is the same, by the way.

Go live in China or Russia, in a communist state, live where humanity without God has no value.

No, thanks. I love my freedom and religion has absolutely nothing to do with freedom or democracy. In fact, the opposite.

You are saying how great atheism and disbelief is,

I assume you have trouble with reading comprehension. I never said ‘how great’ atheism and disbelief is. What I said was I, personally, defined ‘God’ as something I don’t believe in and listed out the attributes and facets of my life where it (God) does not apply and why.

within a society that is based on christian values.

Which Christian values? Shall I be an ass*ole and dig out all the nice, horrible, disgusting values Christianity has perpetuated since it’s inception? No.. that’s thread drift.

You live in a society that has its roots, it’s very foundation on treating people as created, valued, loved, beings in relationship with God

No, I don’t. In the UK, our govt is not religiously driven, neither is it in the US, Canada or any of the other modern, western civilised secular countries.

and then say you and we are all animals.

We ARE all animals. Every one of us. Did you receive an education in this religious country you live in?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
God appears to you the way you seek him. That's why different individuals, religions, regions and ages have different conception and experience of God. If you seek him as a supernatural person with name and form, you can experience his form just like you experience other human beings. If you consider God as formless and all-pervading, you can experience the same in deep samadhi.
God has no gender, if you seek God as mother, you'll experience God all-powerful supreme divine mother
So choose the highest ideal because what you sincerely seek, you'll become that (in terms of qualities) upon experience of the same.
This cosmos is God's playground, there's nothing beyond him, everything is in him and he's in everything. BG 10.41: Whatever aspect there may befilled with magnificence, glory, or energy, know each and every one to be born of a particle of My brilliance.

You may like following lectures on God/soul (by Swami Vivekananda) covering above things and much more:
www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info...
www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info...

edit on 22-4-2020 by VedicWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
God is always right, providing OR punishing.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
Is God your boss?

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

haha

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

My counselor.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Comprehension skills a bit flat I see, go figure

Tell me the state of the Uk, Britain or England before the Reformation came to the little European island
Be great to see your understanding defined
Pig swill and squalor

I never sad your country or parliament was religious, said it was based on christianity
Obviously never heard of the Magna Carta, pohms, not surprisingly

I didn’t say your country was religious driven, said it had its roots in christianity, catching that, did you go to school? Still referencing the Magna Carta, that’s not a Mitsubishi pulling a cart noone 🦄, it’s a document that the British system is based on, get that, google is your friend here

And yes, please dig out the Christian values you decry, I would love to see that, but be careful, I am going to make fun of your ignorance, be warned, make you a joke, your education a joke.

An animal, that’s your opinion, thinking some humans are, really, not because of what they are but how they act

I will be waiting, entertain me

www.bethinking.org...

That’s a link to the Magna Carta, even in my country, that Christian based document has importance and my education helped me understand its value
Clearly, you havnt heard of it, understand it or value it
Winner winner, chicken dinner

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The True God Jehovah. The true God is not a nameless God. His name is Jehovah. (De 6:4; Ps 83:18) He is God by reason of his creatorship. (Ge 1:1; Re 4:11) The true God is real (Joh 7:28), a person (Ac 3:19; Heb 9:24), and not lifeless natural law operating without a living lawgiver, not blind force working through a series of accidents to develop one thing or another. The 1956 edition of The Encyclopedia Americana (Vol. XII, p. 743) commented under the heading “God”: “In the Christian, Mohammedan, and Jewish sense, the Supreme Being, the First Cause, and in a general sense, as considered nowadays throughout the civilized world, a spiritual being, self-existent, eternal and absolutely free and all-powerful, distinct from the matter which he has created in many forms, and which he conserves and controls. There does not seem to have been a period of history where mankind was without belief in a supernatural author and governor of the universe.”

Proofs of the existence of “the living God.” The fact of the existence of God is proved by the order, power, and complexity of creation, macroscopic and microscopic, and through his dealings with his people throughout history. In looking into what might be called the Book of Divine Creation, scientists learn much. One can learn from a book only if intelligent thought and preparation have been put into the book by its author.

In contrast to the lifeless gods of the nations, Jehovah is “the living God.” (Jer 10:10; 2Co 6:16) Everywhere there is testimony to his activity and his greatness. “The heavens are declaring the glory of God; and of the work of his hands the expanse is telling.” (Ps 19:1) Men have no reason or excuse for denying God, because “what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them. For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.”​—Ro 1:18-20.

Jehovah God is described in the Bible as living from time indefinite to time indefinite, forever (Ps 90:2, 4; Re 10:6), and as being the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, the only true God. (1Ti 1:17) There existed no god before him.​—Isa 43:10, 11.

Infinite, but approachable. The true God is infinite and beyond the mind of man fully to fathom. The creature could never hope to become equal to his Creator or understand all the workings of His mind. (Ro 11:33-36) But He can be found and approached, and He supplies his worshiper with all that is necessary for the worshiper’s welfare and happiness. (Ac 17:26, 27; Ps 145:16) He is ever at the zenith of his ability and willingness to give good gifts and presents to his creatures, as it is written: “Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, for it comes down from the Father of the celestial lights, and with him there is not a variation of the turning of the shadow.” (Jas 1:17) Jehovah always acts within his own righteous arrangements, doing all things on a legal basis. (Ro 3:4, 23-26) For this reason all of his creatures can have complete confidence in him, knowing that he always abides by the principles he establishes. He does not change (Mal 3:6), and there is no “variation” with him in the application of his principles. There is no partiality with him (De 10:17, 18; Ro 2:11), and it is impossible for him to lie.​—Nu 23:16, 19; Tit 1:1, 2; Heb 6:17, 18.

His attributes. The true God is not omnipresent, for he is spoken of as having a location. (1Ki 8:49; Joh 16:28; Heb 9:24) His throne is in heaven. (Isa 66:1) He is all-powerful, being the Almighty God. (Ge 17:1; Re 16:14) “All things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of him,” and he is “the One telling from the beginning the finale.” (Heb 4:13; Isa 46:10, 11; 1Sa 2:3) His power and knowledge extend everywhere, reaching every part of the universe.​—2Ch 16:9; Ps 139:7-12; Am 9:2-4.

The true God is spirit, not flesh (Joh 4:24; 2Co 3:17), though he sometimes likens his attributes of sight, power, and so forth, to human faculties. Thus he speaks figuratively of his “arm” (Ex 6:6), his “eyes,” and his “ears” (Ps 34:15), and he points out that, since he is the Creator of human eyes and ears, he certainly can see and hear.​—Ps 94:9.

Some of God’s primary attributes are love (1Jo 4:8), wisdom (Pr 2:6; Ro 11:33), justice (De 32:4; Lu 18:7, 8), and power (Job 37:23; Lu 1:35). He is a God of order and of peace. (1Co 14:33) He is completely holy, clean and pure (Isa 6:3; Hab 1:13; Re 4:8); happy (1Ti 1:11); and merciful (Ex 34:6; Lu 6:36). Many other qualities of his personality are described in the Scriptures.

His position. Jehovah is the Supreme Sovereign of the universe, the King eternal. (Ps 68:20; Da 4:25, 35; Ac 4:24; 1Ti 1:17) The position of his throne is the ultimate for superiority. (Eze 1:4-28; Da 7:9-14; Re 4:1-8) He is the Majesty (Heb 1:3; 8:1), the Majestic God, the Majestic One. (1Sa 4:8; Isa 33:21) He is the Source of all life.​—Job 33:4; Ps 36:9; Ac 17:24, 25.

His righteousness and glory. The true God is a righteous God. (Ps 7:9) He is the glorious God. (Ps 29:3; Ac 7:2) He enjoys eminence above all (De 33:26), being clothed with eminence and strength (Ps 93:1; 68:34) and with dignity and splendor. (Ps 104:1; 1Ch 16:27; Job 37:22; Ps 8:1) “His activity is dignity and splendor themselves.” (Ps 111:3) There is glory of splendor in his Kingship.​—Ps 145:11, 12.

His purpose. God has a purpose that he will work out and that cannot be thwarted. (Isa 46:10; 55:8-11) His purpose, as expressed at Ephesians 1:9, 10, is “to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.” By means of Christ all intelligent creation will be brought into full harmony with God. (Compare Mt 6:9, 10.) None existed before Jehovah; therefore he has seniority over all. (Isa 44:6) He, being the Creator, existed before any other gods, and ‘none will exist after him,’ because the nations will never produce a real, live god that is able to prophesy. (Isa 43:10; 46:9, 10) As the Alpha and the Omega (Re 22:13), he is the one and only Almighty God; he will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, being forever vindicated as the only Almighty God. (Re 1:8; 21:5, 6) He never forgets or forsakes his purposes or covenants, which makes him a God of dependability and loyalty.​—Ps 105:8.

A communicative God. Having great love for his creatures, God provides ample opportunity for them to know him and his purposes. His own voice has been heard by men on earth on three occasions. (Mt 3:17; 17:5; Joh 12:28) He has communicated through angels (Lu 2:9-12; Ac 7:52, 53) and through men to whom he gave directions and revelations, such as Moses, and especially through his Son, Jesus Christ. (Heb 1:1, 2; Re 1:1) His written Word is his communication to his people, enabling them to be completely equipped as his servants and ministers, and directing them on the way to life.​—2Pe 1:19-21; 2Ti 3:16, 17; Joh 17:3.

edit on 23-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
"Are you a God fearing man, Seneator? That's such a strange phrase...I've always thought of God as a teacher, as a bringer light, wisdom, and understanding."
-Magneto speaking to Sen. Kelly, Xmen

As commonly used, fear means an expectation of harm or pain, generally a painful emotion characterized by alarm, dread, disquiet. However, fear may also mean a calm recognition or consideration of whatever may injure or damage, such recognition causing one to exercise reasoned caution and intelligent foresight.

What is the fear of Jehovah that we should have?

The Bible shows that there is a proper fear and an improper fear. Thus, fear may be wholesome and cause the individual to proceed with due caution in the face of danger, thereby averting disaster, or it may be morbid, destroying hope and weakening a person’s nervous stamina, even to the point of bringing about death. The fear of God is healthful; it is an awe and a profound reverence for the Creator and a wholesome dread of displeasing him. This fear of incurring his displeasure is a result of appreciation of his loving-kindness and goodness together with the realization that he is the Supreme Judge and the Almighty, who has the power to inflict punishment or death upon those who disobey him.​

The proper fear of Jehovah God is essential to those who would serve him. This profound fear of Jehovah is “the beginning of wisdom” (Ps 111:10), “the start of wisdom.” (Pr 9:10) It is not a morbid fear that tears down; “the fear of Jehovah is pure.” (Ps 19:9) This fear is defined thus at Proverbs 8:13: “The fear of Jehovah means the hating of bad.” It will prevent one from following a bad course, for “in the fear of Jehovah one turns away from bad.”​—Pr 16:6.

Adam and Eve failed to exercise a proper, healthful fear of God and therefore they disobeyed him.

At Hebrews 12:28 Christians are instructed to have godly fear: “Let us continue to have undeserved kindness, through which we may acceptably render God sacred service with godly fear and awe.” An angel in midheaven, having everlasting good news to declare, opened his declaration with the words: “Fear God and give him glory.” (Re 14:6, 7) Jesus contrasted the wholesome fear of God with fear of man, saying, as recorded at Matthew 10:28: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” At Revelation 2:10 he also counsels Christians: “Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer.” Real love for Jehovah expels the cowardly fear of man that leads to compromise.

Jesus predicted that at “the conclusion of the system of things” a climate of fear would cover the earth. He said that there would be “fearful sights” and that men would “become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth.” (Lu 21:11, 26) While people in general would be affected in this way, servants of God should follow the principle expressed at Isaiah 8:12: “The object of their fear you men must not fear.” The apostle Paul explains: “For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.”​—2Ti 1:7.

The wise man, after making a careful study of mankind as well as man’s occupations and calamitous experiences, said: “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.”​—Ec 12:13.
edit on 23-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: redchad

I don't think your hateful post got called out, so let me say a few things.

The God of the Bible is arguably the most unpleasant character, jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

A pretty good description don’t you think?

One of the worst, hateful, undeserving, intentionally misplaced, mistaken (and devilishly complete) description I've seen regarding the One true God. He (God) absolutely hates it when His children dump all their misplaced poison towards Him, without reflecting first on what garbage they're spewing, damned be the honesty and fairness while doing it. Make no mistake, these hateful sacrilegious children unmistakably get punished for the words they say. Upon closer analysis of such talk, a careful observer sees the precise evil language of God's enemies, i.e. typical luciferian talk. Actually, what you wrote fits perfectly the character of God's enemy that has brought earth into this disastrous state.

Now, to what you said:

- The God of the Bible is arguably the most unpleasant character (??) - Why? Because He punishes injustices, sin and filth? Enough to look at the terrible state of the world we live in today, to see your glaring mischaracterization.
- jealous and proud of it (??) - Why? God helps his children and they are not grateful to Him or even worse worship other "gods" right in His face?! We're surrounded by idols today and the damage they have brought is immense.
- petty (??) - To one it might seem small things, but those could be signs of much bigger trouble in the future.
- unjust (??) - One unwise human is calling God Almighty "unjust". Sheer stupidity and arrogance.
- unforgiving control-freak (??) - Maybe because God knows very well the dangers of veering into uncharted dangerous territories or worshipping so-called "gods", and tries to warn His children, which by the way are *free* to do as they please, as did the ancient sinful israelites?!
- a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser (??) - When He allows one nation to punish another nation, then we need to ask "How was this other nation standing towards the other nations and to God"? Yes, He is an angry God, but after being patient for a long time, and yes His patience has a limit.

[ ... ]

When one sees God's angry stance when he punishes the sinful, one has to stop and think deeply about such actions from the Almighty, start asking questions and *wait patiently* for answers, preferably from the Divine Himself. Otherwise impatience pushes one into an avoidable sin.

Don't you think for people, it's wiser to ponder upon such deep, vital, sensitive Holy matters, based on precise premises, rather than pulling the trigger and throwing their poison indiscriminately and unjustly against God, taking from the Bible whatever fits their biases and preconceptions?

Before going into a verbal rampage, first make sure that your premises are right, i.e. that the Bible is precise in what it says. Because it could very well have many things wrong/false written in there. In addition to historically accurate stories in the Bible, you can find false or distorted stories there, fake prophets, "saviors" that never existed to begin with. So hedge accordingly! When one stands before God in that terrible time of Judgement, phrases like "that's what the Bible said, I didn't invent it!" don't count much, the nasty words cut like a knife.

For your information, God is the Lord of Heaven and Hell, of good and evil. He's wonderful when His children listen to Him and terrible when they disrespect Him.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
a reply to: redchad

Yes, He is an angry God, but after being patient for a long time, and yes His patience has a limit.

At times, God feels anger. For example, when his ancient people broke their agreement to worship only him and started to serve false gods, “Jehovah’s anger blazed against” them. (Judges 2:​13, 14) Even so, anger is not a dominant aspect of Jehovah God’s personality. His anger is always justified and controlled.​—Exodus 34:6; Isaiah 48:9. And I'm not familiar with any scripture that actually describes Him as “an angry God”, on the contrary, it describes Him as “the happy God”. (1 Tim. 1:11)

Anger is wrong when it is uncontrolled or unjustified, which is often the case with the anger displayed by imperfect humans. Anyone in his right mind wants to act wisely. One way to do this is to display self-control. In this regard, Proverbs 29:11 states: “All his spirit is what a stupid one lets out, but he that is wise keeps it calm to the last.”

In the Bible the word “spirit” often refers to the dominant attitude that motivates a person to pursue a certain course. “A stupid one” lets out all his spirit, for he has no mastery over it. He lets his anger explode without regard for the consequences. The spirit within a stupid person may first cause him to take on an angry countenance. Then his spirit may vent itself in violent speech and in actions that are foolish.

However, the wise person keeps his spirit “calm to the last.” He controls it and carefully weighs what might occur if he gives way to anger. Even if he has good reason to become angry, he realizes that acting instantly while in that indignant frame of mind might cause great harm. Hence, he exercises self-control and holds himself back from a careless, unrestrained expression of his anger.

“He that is slow to anger is abundant in discernment, but one that is impatient is exalting foolishness.” (Proverbs 14:29) Being impatient when emotionally stirred up can lead to foolish actions. How much better it is to consider what could result from unbridled speech or conduct! Otherwise, a person may act impatiently and do what is unwise, thus “exalting foolishness.” Therefore, be “slow to anger,” as God is, and you will avoid impatient and unwise actions.​—Exodus 34:6.

Controlled anger may be justified. For instance, God’s anger blazed against the ancient, immoral cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Genesis 19:24) Why? Because the inhabitants of those cities engaged in violent and depraved sexual practices, as was well-known throughout the region. For instance, when angelic messengers visited the righteous man Lot, a mob of young men together with old men attempted to gang rape Lot’s guests. Jehovah God was justifiably angered over their gross immorality.—Genesis 18:20; 19:4, 5, 9.

Like his Father, the perfect man Jesus Christ had occasion to be angry. The temple in Jerusalem was supposed to be the center of worship for God’s chosen people. It was to be “a house of prayer,” where individuals could present personal sacrifices and offerings to God and where they could be instructed in his ways and have their sins forgiven. At the temple they could, as it were, commune with Jehovah. Instead, the religious leaders in Jesus’ day turned the temple into “a house of merchandise” and “a cave of robbers.” (Matthew 21:12, 13; John 2:14-17) They personally profited from the sale of animals to be used as sacrifices. In a very real sense, they were fleecing the flock. Thus, the Son of God was perfectly justified when he drove those swindlers out of his Father’s house. Jesus was understandably angry.

Imperfect men can also at times be rightly incensed. However, there is a difference between God and man. Jehovah can ‘check his anger’ and is rightly described as being “slow to anger” because love, not anger, is his dominant quality. His anger is always righteous, always justified, always controlled. (Exodus 34:6; Isaiah 48:9; 1 John 4:8) The perfect man Jesus Christ was always able to control the display of his anger; he was described as being “mild-tempered.” (Matthew 11:29) On the other hand, imperfect men, even men of faith like Moses, have had difficulty controlling their anger. (Numbers 20:1-12; Psalm 106:32, 33)

“Sometimes Christianity is presented in such a way that it looks as if it was the work of a gentle and loving Jesus to pacify a stern and angry God, as if Jesus did something which changed the attitude of God toward men. The New Testament knows nothing of that. The whole process of salvation began because God so loved the world.”—Barclay in More New Testament Words.

For many persons in Christendom the thought of God’s becoming angry seems strange. “How can that be?” they ask. “Does not the Bible tell us that God is love?”

That it does, at 1 John 4:8, 16. God is love, that is, he is the personification of true love. This we can see both from the bounty of creation all about us as well as from his inspired Word, the Holy Bible. But the fact remains that God’s anger is mentioned some two hundred times from Exodus through Revelation, to say nothing of the times mention is made of his rage, his wrath, his fury and his indignation.

Moreover, God’s anger is truly something to be reckoned with, especially in view of such warnings as this: “Before there comes upon you people the burning anger of Jehovah, before there comes upon you the day of Jehovah’s anger, seek Jehovah.” (Zeph. 2:2, 3) Also the Bible tells us that “God is a consuming fire” toward those meriting his wrath.​—Deut. 4:24.

It is to our interest, therefore, to consider the nature, that is, the characteristics or basic principles of God’s anger, how he manifests it, and why and how God’s anger can be harmonized with his being love. Then, too, we can appreciate more clearly why fearing God, that is, fearing to displease him or to arouse his righteous anger, is truly the course of wisdom.​—Ps. 111:10; Prov. 9:10. (see my previous comment as well)

You can continue to do so here if the above wasn't already enough:

Fear of God’s Anger is Wisdom (1971)
edit on 24-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
God is not in the definition.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

At times, God feels anger. For example, when his ancient people broke their agreement to worship only him and started to serve false gods, “Jehovah’s anger blazed against” them. (Judges 2:​13, 14) Even so, anger is not a dominant aspect of Jehovah God’s personality. His anger is always justified and controlled.​—Exodus 34:6; Isaiah 48:9. And I'm not familiar with any scripture that actually describes Him as “an angry God”, on the contrary, it describes Him as “the happy God”. (1 Tim. 1:11)

Thanks for clarifying it whereislogic. You're right, when I said an "angry God" I meant precisely that His anger is always justified, controlled and is not a dominant trait of His personality. In the same way His Grace and Goodness know no boundaries as well, just that a human being needs to approach the Divine with utmost care and respect to achieve God's love and protection.

However when someone throws indiscriminately his/her vitriol against God, you can be totally sure of God's anger against that person and as sure as the light of day he/she is going to face consequences for that, unless God forgives that person, which depends on the sincere repentance of said person. This is why when I see people posting such hatred towards God, I think to myself that sooner or later they *will* see His anger, it can delay but never fails to come. Been there, done that.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There are 99 attributes/names associated with God in Islam, but as a basic definition, the Quran quite helpfully explains what to say when someone asks you what/who God is:
Say:
"He is God, the One and Only,
God the Eternal, Absolute,
He begets not, nor is he begotten,
And there is non like unto him."

originally posted by: Specimen88
"Are you a God fearing man, Seneator? That's such a strange phrase...I've always thought of God as a teacher, as a bringer light, wisdom, and understanding."
-Magneto speaking to Sen. Kelly, Xmen

English is funny in that way, that words can change meaning, except still be used in specific situations how they always were.

Definition of fearing from wiktionary.org
Adjective
fearing (not comparable):
Exhibiting fear.
Showing profound respect or deference.
Derived terms:
god-fearing

edit on 26-4-2020 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I Use The Freemasonic Attributes To Approach The Defined God Complex.

First You Have A 'Rough Ashlar' Which For The Most Part Is A Grounded Cornerstone. However... Due To It's Rough Edges And Surfaces... I Conclude That It Is 'Irrational' And Is In Need Of A Polish, Or 'Truth' To Perfect It And Pull It Into Perspective.

Second, There Is The 'Perfect Ashlar' Which Is Already Established Beyond Expectations And Is The Foundation And Cornerstone To Which All Like-Minded Experiences Of 'Constant' Are Applied.
Unto Such A Thing... You Gift A Precious 'Trust' Which None Can Put Asunder.

Π Is Either Constant Or Irrational.
Truth And Trust Are Expensive But Worth The Effort(s). God... Thus Has Either All Your Sound Reasoning And Logic And Knowledge And Wisdom And Understanding... Or Not At All.
Apply Yourself To The Like-Minded And Constant Or Proceed With Irrational Out-Side Box Thoughts Of Incoherent Nonsense And Let The Other Man Accomplish Your Work(s). Truth Or Trust.

God Is Not Open For Debate. Instead... Your Lunacy Becomes Evident In Such A Matter As The Circle In Which You Place Yourself In. Let Reason Be Your Guide. Seek Not The Name Or Will Of God... But Be A Credit To Him And Learn To Trust The Like-Minded Scheme(s) That Build The House You Now Live In.

Seven Stars:
• Sustenance (Thirst And Hunger)
• Release (Urination & Defecation)
• Sanitation (From Odor, Filth, Germ, Disease, Bacteria)
• Recuperation (Sleep, A Meditation)
• Suits (For Nakedness And According To Seasons)
• Reassurances (Safety From All Harm Round About)
• Shelter (From The Elements And The Wild)

Moon aka Story Of 'Repetition'
Sun aka Story Of 'Inherent Obedience' To These Truths.

Also... I Am A Liar.

But I'm Not Kidding...

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Many Delight In The Misinformation.
Tarot Card 'Justice' Is A Lesson Which God Would Allow. There Is No Greater Justice Than Yourself Not Being Corrupted By Nonsense. Another Tarot Card Is Judgment, Which Implicates That Only 'Truth' Will Free You From The Confines Of Lunacy.
And Last... The Tarot Card 'Strength' Is About 'Trust.'
It's Essential And Will Make You Wisest And Stronger.

Temperance Card Is A Lesson On Weaknesses. They Inspire Others Round About You. You Must Rise Above Them/It.

Set An Example For The Image In Which You Were Created. i.e.: Mine Own Is 🇵🇷...

Get To Yours, ASAP!

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: revolutionaryawareness

A sect of the masons, Ritual Apron.

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

no, no one can get it correct. Because God cannot be defined like you can define a man. God is not the sum total of his attributes and characteristics. Those are things we observe of men and place them in (a judgement) category we say defines them. Nor is he a sum total of his creations. Creation is of God it is not God.

Sorry God cannot be defined and once you think you have it He will prove you wrong.

edit on 5/9/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The closest a man can get to a definition of God is found in the Bible, FATHER, Almighty God, LORD of all.

edit on 5/9/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join