It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the idea of 'GoD'......……. is a human mind construct which has took on a 'life' of Its own because of the force of millions of Believers at any single moment of time

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I see god as the Great Spirit. The creator of all things. That’s about all I can wrap my head around.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The God of the Old Testament “Yahweh” was probably an alien. This is based on his interactions with those who wrote the Torah. The God of the multiverses is more than likely a human construct. This is based on the fact we have had no scientifically verifiable evidence of any contact with such an entity.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: revolutionaryawareness
Can God even be defined? How do we know it is only one person?

These are the definitions found online:

-a spirit or being believed to control some part of the universe or life and often worshiped for doing so
-the being who made the universe and is believed to have an effect on all things
-the being that created and rules the universe, the earth, and its people

How do you define God? Create your own definition.

Physics aka the laws that govern atomic behavior, that seems like a good place to start

edit on 21-4-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Raggedyman
If there is no separate things and all is one......how can any thing have volition?

I think God is love, hence the Trinity, God can’t love if there is no one to love.
I also think God created humanity, in his image, like God Himself, for relationship, uniquely different, separate, very individual, very separate

I don’t think for a second all is one, that’s new age, just the old religions rehashed

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Can God even be defined? How do we know it is only one person?

These are the definitions found online:

-a spirit or being believed to control some part of the universe or life and often worshiped for doing so
-the being who made the universe and is believed to have an effect on all things
-the being that created and rules the universe, the earth, and its people

Physics aka the laws that govern atomic behavior, that seems like a good place to start

Yes, you an atheist think science is god, thought you denied faith

I have been telling you for years your god was science, great to see you confirm it

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Look, i am going to be honest here. There is nothing for me to gain via online lies. I don't know much about religions. I have studied them, i have found many good ideas in them. But i am unable to swallow the whole doctrine of any. I know about Christianity, because it is the main religion of my homeland. Trust me i am not trying to offend you, i only offer my view because the OP asked a question and i want to answer right now.

God is everywhere and God is everything. I have strong faith in God. Obviously, zero proof, like scientific stuff or something. Just faith. I pray. Often. Sometimes i use profanity during my prayers. That might seem despicable in the eyes of some of you. I understand that totally. Sometimes i walk the streets. I might feel gratitude (my favorite feeling of all, gratitude means that i have received something good and i want to give something good back to others, and therefore, only winners in this game) Then i just look up to the sky and wink my eye. At God. It is my sign that we got this, we are in this together and i am trying to do my best.

God does not hate. God loves and cares. Yeah give me your usual, bring it on: "Why did a school bus slide away from the road and eleven little kids died?" Well, God gave us free will. And we, humanity, humans, have used it in a stupid manner. There are some prices to pay.

I am aware that for some of you, this may seem like sacrilege. But i love my God, and my God loves YOU!
edit on 21-4-2020 by Finspiracy because: i made a typo

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
“God is Love, and he who abides in Love abides in God, and God in him”

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
If God is everything then what are you?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba
Being in love would be....to be with what is here and now.....no separation.

But humans are rarely with what is here.......they live in stories about past and future and somewhere else....they live in a conceptual world....in other words, the mental realm of what is not happening.

God is non conceptual.....sensational not fictional.
edit on 21-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Raggedyman
If there is no separate things and all is one......how can any thing have volition?

I think God is love, hence the Trinity.

What is the Trinity?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The father the son the holy spirit are all one.

The father is the seer/knower.
The son is the seen aspect.

The holy ghost is the complete ....the two as one.

All appears in the seeing.
All is just appearance.

Ever present is the Presence of God.....there is nothing other.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
God is the ultimate love and truth. The ultimate authority over all creation. Far beyond our limited comprehension and impossible to accurately define.

God is so awe inspiring that evil tries everything they can to rise to his level. They cower behind the scenes using their lost and trapped pawns knowing they already lost the battle long ago. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Who feels the Love knows it.
It is not about being in love in the human sense.
This is the cosmic Love/God energy that is behind the universe and upholds the universe, It is behind quantum physics to put it in a more human example.
It is there for anyone to tap in to at anytime!
To some it is beyond theIr human comprehension, like a glorious mystery, but they accept It without trying to over analyze it,
Others come to a self realization or epiphany about The reality of God/Love.
Some realize it after a lifetime struggle of trials and errors ..
Some recognize the concept of God/Love but reject it anyway, atheists etc.

a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If God is everything then what are you?

Umm. Oh... I understand your argument here.

I don't exactly know who i am. I know a million things which i am not, but not a single thing which i really am. But i am not God.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi a reply to: Finspiracy
The assumption is who.

What if what is appearing is just a movie?

What if you are simply veiwing the movie but never actually appear in the movie?

Maybe it (God) is just a self aware movie.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: revolutionaryawareness

How do you define God

"God" is Essence and Presence Eternal.
Our experience (as humans) consists of
"con-sequence presented".

edit on 21-4-2020 by RavenSpeaks because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The assumption is who.

What if you are simply veiwing the movie but never actually appear in the movie?

Yeah, dear fellow human being. "What if" grants everything. What if i am not really a human, what if i am living in a simulation. Not drinking, not smoking, it is only beer.exe and nicotine.exe which modifies my programmed behavior?

I am not seeking a confrontation with you. I want to read further from you, because i feel like you are able to teach me something i should really learn.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

The assumption is who.

Yeah, dear fellow human being. "What if" grants everything. What if i am not really a human, what if i am living in a simulation. Not drinking, not smoking, it is only beer.exe and nicotine.exe which modifies my programmed behavior?

I am not seeking a confrontation with you. I want to read further from you, because i feel like you are able to teach me something i should really learn.

The 'what ifs' could be any 'what ifs' but the 'what ifs' in the post are the ones that are stated.

Look for the answers.... contemplate.... or don't.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sorry my last post came off a bit rude.... so l have found some videos that may help with the 'what ifs' l spoke of.

The title of the video is:
All of This is God's Movie - He Alone is Real.

The above video is very long..... so here is another that is much shorter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join