It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Review.... Point Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The new(er) one.

I'm going through some backlogs of movies I've had for awhile, so I figured I'd watch this quick so I can clear up some space.

My god....I mean I knew it wasn't going to be a masterpiece, it's a remake of a movie that I never was much of a fan of anyway.

The gist is an fbi agent (ex extreme sports bro) goes undercover with extreme sports bro's trying to break up a ring of "criminal masterminds". Well, I honestly don't remember the first film very well, but there is no way it could have been this bad.

First off, paper thin story, even their "intentions" are vague at best. Pulling off big heists.....but giving everything away trying to do some 8 feats of extreme sportisms....It's a lazy story.

By far, oddly enough, really odd in fact, the most weird niche in this film was tats......everyone was tatted up to the hill(all fake, obviously). But they weren't even discernible in what they were, but by god every time one of the extreme bro's took their shirt off, covered in tats(again, not a single image or anything discernible). Even the girl had what looked like a gallon of black paint thrown into a fan and shot all over her body....

I like tattoos, but it was so comically ridiculous it was actually distracting(from a weak storyline no less).

Well I got through it, that's the important thing, I can get 10gb of hard drive space back now.
edit on 20-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Which one? The original, for the time it was a fine movie. Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Patrick Swayze, good action scenes. Have not seen the remake.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Which one? The original, for the time it was a fine movie. Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Patrick Swayze, good action scenes. Have not seen the remake.

The newer one was from like 2013.

I wasn't a fan(saw it) of the first, but It's light years ahead of this(if not just for the actors). This was bad, lazy and was just cashing in(very poorly) on the original.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Remakes rarely, and I mean rarely work out. You did it to yourself. Don't beat yourself up though. I just watched the last Rambo. Pathetic piece of crap of a movie. The original was amazing. How did it go from that to a volley of craptastist movies and still make money I have no answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Remakes rarely, and I mean rarely work out. You did it to yourself. Don't beat yourself up though. I just watched the last Rambo. Pathetic piece of crap of a movie. The original was amazing. How did it go from that to a volley of craptastist movies and still make money I have no answer.

The last Rambo wasn't nearly as bad as this, sure, it was hackish, but had some good elements.

The original though.....I still cry at the end.....

join