It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The next generation of smileys" Pffft!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Has anybody else noticed the "Next generation of smileys" ads that have spread across the Internet like a particularly rare and nasty case of syphillus? You should easily recognize them since they resemble annoying, 3D animated, blobs of digital excrement. Their noxious presence is all over ATS and just about every other site that squeezed its way out of an IP.

You have the crying one in a pool of tears, the guitar-playing one with the love-hearts flying out, and the grinning one that looks like it is either having a brain anurism, taken too much Prozac, or both. My question is has anyone actually downloaded and used these craptastic new smileys? I've never seen them actually used anywhere, and I suspect that the company who made them spent more money on their design than they will ever make back from them.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've never downloaded such things. I would guess that they are free to download provided you download spyware with them. This is how they would 'make' their money. Pretty much everything free has a hidden cost.

new topics

join