It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3 enemies of the Corona Virus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
1. Old age
2. Diabetes
3. High blood pressure

The reason I posted this well known knowledge is the fact people are beginning to loose the meaning of the severity of the corona virus by hitting the grocery stores when they are extremely busy. I've been looking at pictures and noticing what the news have been saying. And this is it: if you are in the 3 groups of the above mention, you are in the HIGH RISK group with this very easily to catch and deadly virus.

But watching now with all the protest going on with "peoples rights", must be a lot of people that fall within those 3 enemies of the corona virus.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

In the US, it should be noted that obesity, a precursor to both high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes, is itself an epidemic.

Many overweight people, who wouldn’t consider themselves “obese” are nevertheless “pre-diabetic”, that is, their bodies are developing a resistance to the insulin their bodies are able to make.

All the more reason to stay safe.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
4. Live In Counties With No ICU Beds

Millions Of Older Americans Live In Counties With No ICU Beds As Pandemic Intensifies

5. Nursing homes that have violated infection controll and prevention guidelines

Look-Up: Check Out Infection Records Of 15,000 U.S. Nursing Homes
edit on 20-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Among the deaths under 60, having a BMI>40 is linked to exceptionally large percentages of severe outcomes.

They also frequently have diabetes and hypertension and hyperlipidity which are also found on the list of risk factors. Eventually, they'll parse the data, and probably find diabetics weren't at a higher risk because of diabetes, as much as people with these other comorbidities also tended to have diabetes.

study

Strongest hospitalization risks were age ≥75 years (OR 66.8, 95% CI, 44.7-102.6), age 65-74 (OR 10.9, 95% CI, 8.35-14.34), BMI>40 (OR 6.2, 95% CI, 4.2-9.3), and heart failure (OR 4.3 95% CI, 1.9-11.2).

In other words, in this survey of results (4103 patients in NYC), 66.8% of hospitalizations were over age 74. Another 10.9% were over 64 years of age, but under 75. That's 77.7% of serious outcomes linked to ages over 64.

6.2% of all hospitalizations had a BMI over 40. Everything other factor was under that.

This virus targets a certain segment of the population brutally, and almost ignores healthy adults under 65. It is tailor-made for targeted response, not a blanket one-size-fits-all solution.
edit on 20-4-2020 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Another group to add are those whose immune system is sub-optimal, such as people with cancer who have been undergoing therepy, or peope with pre-existing respiratory problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

According to this a BMI >30 increases the risk. That adds a whole lot of people to the at risk category.

"Obesity [in people < 60 years] appears to be a previously unrecognized risk factor for hospital admission and need for critical care. This has important and practical implications when nearly 40% of adults in the US are obese with a body mass index [BMI] of ≥ 30," write Jennifer Lighter, MD, NYU School of Medicine/NYU Langone Health, and colleagues in their research letter published online April 9 in Clinical Infectious Diseases.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm loving that this virus is giving you guys reason to rail against fat people....again.

I'm huge, have every pre-existing condition in the covid-19 handbook, had the virus and it was the weakest "flu' with the weakest symptoms I've EVER had. PATHETICALLY weak.

So please, when you talk about people like me without knowing what you're talking about, I want people to understand that what you're saying is BS.

Absolute fear mongering BS.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney
I guess the people in the ICU's didn't have a chance to meet you but they are reporting on big people who were not as lucky as you.

Now, did you really have it? I mean, did you test positive or are you just someone who had the flu earlier this year and "deduced" that it was CV-19?

Either way, glad you are doing well. Don't know why you think my post was railing against fat people. They are just stats.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

All these illness's and ailments and the attitude that people are kept alive at

all costs is not natural, nature has its way and bottom line is 'death is inevitable'

no one lives forever!! Every year lived takes all of us nearer to death!!

Is it surprising that more people in 'old peoples homes' die than the average?

No

They have accumulated more of everything than those who are younger so

their odds of dying have to be greater.......we are ALL on natures 'death row'

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I like how everyone who's had a cough in the last 6 months thinks they've already had it.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

How do you know you had it?

Btw: I don't think anyone is against fat people. The original list of 3 did not include fat people.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

All these illness's and ailments and the attitude that people are kept alive at

all costs is not natural, nature has its way and bottom line is 'death is inevitable'

no one lives forever!! Every year lived takes all of us nearer to death!!

Is it surprising that more people in 'old peoples homes' die than the average?

No

They have accumulated more of everything than those who are younger so

their odds of dying have to be greater.......we are ALL on natures 'death row'

Sounds like you’ve already reserved your seat.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just following the forum and news outlets, you can see the people who want to behave and do anything they please, fully thinking this is a concocted pandemic that could never touch them. Some part of me wants to tell them have at it, except for that part of me that knows they would quickly be infected and infect others causing a landslide of cases. And have No right to cause such devastation through their irascibility and impatience. If necessary, they need restraint.

#4.... stupid stubbornness would be on that list.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: daskakik

I'm loving that this virus is giving you guys reason to rail against fat people....again.

I'm huge, have every pre-existing condition in the covid-19 handbook, had the virus and it was the weakest "flu' with the weakest symptoms I've EVER had. PATHETICALLY weak.

So please, when you talk about people like me without knowing what you're talking about, I want people to understand that what you're saying is BS.

Absolute fear mongering BS.

Glad the ok !.... I have been kicking around a theory and have been reading other people talk about blood types as well ....Do you know your blood type ?( you don’t have to tell me exactly ).... but I’m wondering if your positive or negative Rh type ?.. and if you are A + or o + ? .. I’m wondering if the negative types are less succeptible because of the lacking of the blood platelet , and the virus can’t attack ....and those that are positive that have the antibody A (A+....O + ) are the Targets of this smart virus . Just curious, since you have gotten the corona virus , if you would share your blood type ..

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

Sounds like you’ve already reserved your seat.

Well its catching up on me!
My group is getting smaller, I have out lived

many of my contemporaries and celebs/stars of my era.

I'm not eager to leave........but its inevitable, I've had a life 'well lived' just

hope that, that reserved seat is comfortable!!

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Just following the forum and news outlets, you can see the people who want to behave and do anything they please, fully thinking this is a concocted pandemic that could never touch them.

And others just realize that this is nature... this is life... this is death. None of us are getting out alive, and if this virus doesn't kill us, something else will.

As opposed to those who somehow think they can fool Mother Nature, force others to behave and do anything YOU please, fully thinking they can stop this virus from ever touching them. Those who actually believe that we are "stopping" the virus -- and infections, and illness, and deaths -- rather than slowing the process.

Your statement also leaves out the many who are quite happy to take their own precautions, of their own free will, and have no need or desire to force their own fears and projections onto others.

Some part of me wants to tell them have at it, except for that part of me that knows they would quickly be infected and infect others causing a landslide of cases.

LOL! You know that, eh? ROFLMAO!!!

And have No right to cause such devastation through their irascibility and impatience. If necessary, they need restraint.

No. Restrain your own damn self and leave me the hell out of it. YOU have no right to impose your will on me or anyone else in your delusions of "protecting" yourself. None.

You will get this virus sooner or later, if you haven't already. We all will. That's the nature of the beast. If you want to go cower in a corner and think you can trick Mother Nature, or hide from the Grim Reaper, GO FOR IT!!! No one's gonna stop you. But leave the rest of us out of your pathetic delusions.

YOU are a much bigger threat to us than this virus. YOU have made that clear. YOU cannot be trusted.

edit on 20-4-2020 by Boadicea because: deleted unnecessary stupidity

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

1. Facts
2. Common sense
3. Hygiene

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I want to just give you all my stars.

Mods?

Modss????

edit on 20-4-2020 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Really?
I would have said the three enemies of Corona virus is distance, hand washing and wearing masks.
But what do I know?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Just curious, since you have gotten the corona virus , if you would share your blood type ..

I'll share -- but we were never tested. We just had the symptoms, including my husband having the red ring around his eye.

My husband and I are both A+.

My husband was much sicker than I was (sick enough to take a couple days off work), but I started taking extra C and Olive Leaf extract as soon as he became symptomatic. I had minor symptoms, starting about a week later, but never really felt sick.

Both of our (adult) kids are A+ as well. Both work with the public. Neither have been sick at all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join