It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalistic sickness or fakenewsness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A thought just occurred to me as I clicked on yahoo. It had a story of CNN news Anchor Brooke Baldwin and her journey on battling the corona virus. This makes it the thrid major news journalist (they are probably more) to have the corona virus. The other two I am thinking of are Coumo and George stephnopolis. What bothers me is the fact that I know when I get sick (I havent gotten sick in a while, knock on wood.) I don't feel good enough to host a show from my basement, and take selfies for my instagram story. This is in no way to take away from the people who are battling the corona virus and things like that. I am definitely not saying that this virus is not hurting people.NOT saying that.

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cnn.com... .html

www.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.yahoo.com... -coronavirus-essay-cnn-180334476.html

The only things that I wanted when I was sick is my bed, hot tea, and soup. Just saying that it's a little weird to me that these journalist get the virus and are able to document it and do monologues while they have the virus. (while stating they say their father on a hullcinating trip apparrently.) It's wierd to me.

edit on 19-4-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

So what are you saying then? This virus seems to be all over the board in how it affects people. Some people hardly have any symptoms at all. Some become very ill, wind up in the hospital, and/or dead. I know when I’ve had different variations of the flu, I was able to function and all. In 2018 I was very ill with that horrible flu that was going around. My husband spent five days in the hospital with it. I was so sick I ran a fever for seven days straight, and felt like I was gonna die for awhile. So things can be all over the board with this. It’s anyone’s guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Yeah I get what you are saying and agree with most of it. all I am saying is that it's wierd to me that most of the journalist that are getting it, have been fear mongering, they will show the death toll right next to them on screen. Almost painting the picture that if you get corona virus your death is near. when they themselves are proving hey no you can for the most part battle this virus and recover.

Thats all i am saying.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Journalism is an avocation, not just a “job”, especially to those who have worked hard to become the headliners of their industry.

Similar to the way professional athletes will often play while nursing injuries.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, you have a point there regarding the contradiction. But I don’t believe these journalists are fearmongering. This virus is serious and has killed many. They are reporting the facts, in essence, doing their jobs.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Right, for this type of job you are able to work remotely. so I am curious to how they even contracted the virus to begin with?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Most so called Journalist do not have any objectivity. Most of them are now political activist for the DNC. That is fact and they do not even try to hide it any longer.

Political operatives is now the proper term.

As for catching coronavirus, if they work in an office building or ride an elevator they will most probably get it.
edit on 19-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

thats fine I rarely hear them talking about the success stories or giving people that hope of saying "it's not the end of the world if you contract the virus". I don;t know I am not hearing that from them?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
CNN and their ilk sadly enough have turned this pandemic into a political issue, campaigning for the democrats against Trump.

top topics

join