It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric blanket washing info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey. I have an electric blanket that needs a good washing.

My washer and dryer is the older kind where you just push buttons for hot/cold, h/h, c/c, etc and for permanent press or regular cycle and low, med or high water. There's no dial for time.

They say to wash an electric blanket for 2 to 10 minutes (depending the website read) then move time dial to rinse, then spin.

I can't do that. I also cant do a tub wash as I only have a shower.

Dry clean is a huge no no for these kinds of blankets.

Should I just bite my lip and toss it in the washer for the full cycle as that's all I have to work with? I wont use the dryer as thats a no no also.

Just wanted advice.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does it not have varioius programs? i.e. a delicates or fast wash?
They are the shortest programs

a reply to: sarra1833

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why not hang it on the fence, hose it down, gently scrub with a soapy sponge, rinse, and let it drip and dry outside?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

It just has 3 buttons: permanent press, regular a d heavy.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

If I had a fence and hose I would.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Take it to the laundrymat and wash it on the hand wash cycle then hang it somewhere to dry. If you don't have a yard to hang in hang it from your curtain rods.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Let your washer cycle most of the way through on the shortest cycle and put it in a few minutes before it gets to rinse/spin cycle. let it rinse and spin, but not through whole spin cycle, just enough it isn't dripping wet. Then take it and hang dry, by an open window with sun is best. Also use very very little soap, I ruined one using the normal amount.

I did my new one with just a smidge and it worked fine. My little dog sleeps with me so it usually gets doggy smell, the small amount of soap got rid of doggy smell. Make sure you test it is still working before you just plug it in and go to sleep though lol. Had one years ago that burned my leg badly.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833Just don't try to wash it when it's plugged in should be safe

top topics

join