It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Nova Scotia. Spree Killer.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Rambo was a good man harassed by police. The movie was clear about it. They probably earned the hate. Case closed

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

He purchased it at an auction.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

You think a young woman in a totally different community, with two young children, who responded to the gas station where he had stopped, where she was doing her best to ensure the safety of the lublic, and then was shot dead by a deranged denturist...deserved that hatred?

Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Source is now confirming shooter is dead.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: strongfp

Rambo was a good man harassed by police. The movie was clear about it. They probably earned the hate. Case closed

Cool story.

Meanwhile another cowardly criminal is removed from the equation of life.

Normally people that blame cops for everything are themselves criminals either ex or active. Because it is never the fault of the criminal.

Keep talking like you know something though about how "they probably earned the hate"

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Not really. I like bad guys being busted, evil destroyed. A dentist breathing poor people's Streptococcus mutans bacteria into his brain every day seems like a good guy. Police is the government. You can get $700 ticket for walking in a park because of a fake disease. Or a fine because your own lawn is not short enough.

That's what you risk by being a government shill. Gender is not important here. You are a soldier, Bush sends you into Iraq and they blow your fkn legs off like it's your fault. Lets ask Venezuelans if they care about the number of kids Maduro's soldiers have to feed. Eh, screw them no?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Man, this is a sad story...

A Gabriel Wortman is listed as a denturist in Dartmouth, according to the Denturist Society of Nova Scotia website. A suspect photo issued by the RCMP matches video footage of a man being interviewed about dentures by CTV Atlantic in 2014.

Tom Taggart, a councillor who represents the Portapique area on the Municipality of Colchester, said the quiet community has been shaken.

"This is just an absolutely wonderful, peaceful quiet community and the idea that this could happen in our community is unbelievable," Taggart said by phone from his home in Bass River, about three km from the lockdown area.

"People live here because of the peace and quiet and it's just an absolute tragedy."

Taggart said he didn't know Wortman well, but spoke to him a few times when he telephoned about municipal issues.

Taggart described knowing Wortman's "lovely big home" on Portapique Beach Road. He said Wortman owned a few other properties in the community and was believed to divide his time between Portapique and his business in Dartmouth.

He described Portapique as "cottage country," with about 100 year-round residents and 250 in the summer.

"You just don't even dream that this is going to happen," he said. "I can't fathom it."

Wortman is described as a six-foot-two white man, bald with green eyes.

Police identified Wortman about nine hours after an initial tweet around midnight asking people to avoid the Portapique area and stay indoors as officers responded to a firearms complaint.

Croteau said the police received a call about "a person with firearms" at around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday and the investigation "evolved into an active shooting investigation."

She said there are several officers from across the province on the scene.

She said some people were evacuated around Portapique Beach Road, Bay Shore Road and Five Houses Road, where the first complaint initiated.

— With files from Holly McKenzie-Sutter.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 19, 2020.

Michael MacDonald, The Canadian Press

Source:
www.halifaxtoday.ca...

I used to live in NS and I have family and friends there. Will be contacting them to make sure everyone is okay. This is awful.

More links:
nationalpost.com...
atlantic.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

No cop earns a death warrant. Especially here in rural, quiet Nova Scotia. Feel free to say that to the face of the dead police officers family. Though you probably never will because you are safely at your keyboard.

You should hang our head low for your comment. It's disgusting, immature, stupid and clearly filled with hate. I feel bad for you that you have such thoughts. Anyone who has a hate on for cops either doesn't know enough of them or is too simple minded to think that more often then not they are just regular people like you and me. They have an incredibly difficult job. I'd like to see you do it better.

Do some cops act outrageously and criminally as well? Absolutely. But I'd like to think that's few and far between.

My thoughts are with the families of the victims.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

It sure is taking the RCMP a good amount of time to confirm this point.

All news sources are point to the suspect being under arrest and in police custody.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Apparently he was driving down the highway, headed for the airport.
edit on 19-4-2020 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess that we will be told what happened and that it may even be true to some extent. I really think that we will never know what really went on from start to finish here. Sad and all that of course. I guess that we will see more eventually and whatnot. Did this guy burn three of his properties or is that just me jumping to silly conclusions again?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

He did. Part owned by his parents.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I have a picture of him deceased , but it might go against T&C.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think news has confirmed him dead at this point.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sad news for those directly involved , these type of incidents always make me wonder how someones life can slip to such an extent they end up doing what they do , are we all just one set of events away from being news.

In the words of the joker, A person is just one bad day away from being like him.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ten or more people dead from Portapique to Enfield.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's quite alright. I just saw the press conference. What an absolute tragedy. Over 10 victims. Children are among the victims.

My heart is broken. A very sad say for Nova Scotia. Just unthinkable as to what happened.

edit on thppmSun, 19 Apr 2020 17:21:20 -0500k2004America/Chicago1921 by Sparkymedic because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

It's horrendous. So preplanned and psychopathic.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

First and foremost:

I used to live in NS and I have family and friends there. Will be contacting them to make sure everyone is okay.

I pray your family & friends are unaffected, safe and sound.

He described Portapique as "cottage country," with about 100 year-round residents and 250 in the summer.

Horrific events like this break my heart no matter where they happen. But, having visited Dartmouth, N.S and experiencing just how beautiful and different it is from the more populated parts of Canada—it and the rest of Atlantic Canada—is truly heaven on Earth. I mean that more of the *nature* of the PEOPLE than its tranquil natural surroundings. In saying that:

This is indeed awful and extremely sad on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Dartmouth is one of the most populated parts of NS, but it is still full of personality. Portapique is pretty far away, in Colchester County.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join