It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for a Vaccine?? Don't bother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, since I have been getting the annual flu vaccine for years, and as a result, have not had the flu once since taking the vaccine, I definitely will take a vaccine against CV19 if my doctor recommended it.

After all, “it’s just (another form of) the flu”, right?

Seriously, this pervasive fear of vaccines is just silly.

Why are so many people, especially so many on these boards in particular, afraid of so many things? It’s as if you are living (if you can call a life of fear, “living”) in a constant state of fear, and loathing.

And by the way.

It you’re so worried about the big, bad government taking away “your rights”...

Well isn’t that why you all cling so desperately to your guns?

I mean, what’s wrong, now that things are getting a bit dicey, society-wise, are you beginning to suspect that even a full-blown (pardon the pun) personal arsenal won’t be enough to defend yourselves?

Then what has it been good for all these years?

If the thought that everything you’ve worked for going “poof” because the economy has shut down scares you...

You are missing the “big picture”: the whole world is in the exact same boat!

Which means everything, everywhere, is being “re-set to zero”.

You only “lose” when someone else “wins”. If everyone is losing because the “game” has been canceled, the result can only be called a tie.

Hopefully, the next game will have better rules.
edit on 19-4-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As it says in the op, its not about a vaccine per se, its about the speed they are attempting to create one and the corners cut and lack of long term testing. There's a reason vaccines take so long to develop. Bill Gates himself and others have said it may well be that certain parts of testing may have to come later or be skipped entirely.

I'm sure everyone is aware that many drugs have side effects that only become apparent years after being prescribed and are then subsequently removed from circulation, hopefully without too many dangerous long term effects or deaths, and that is AFTER all the usual testing. I'm sure many remember or have heard of the thalidomide scandal in the Uk back in the 60s and 70s. With tablet or medicine it can be withdrawn and the patients affected don't have to take it again, with a vaccine once its in the body its too late, which is why vaccines take many years to perfect

a reply to: Bhadhidar

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Why are so many people, especially so many on these boards in particular, afraid of so many things? It’s as if you are living (if you can call a life of fear, “living”) in a constant state of fear, and loathing.

Because a great many here realize the world is controlled by greed. With many incidents of Big Pharma flogging dangerous drugs. knowing they kill people, for a profit.

Flu vaccines make Big Pharma $3 billion a year. Their effectiveness questionable....

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

They say vaccine don't work for Coronavirus because it causes the lungs to flood. People basically die by drowning themselves with their own fluid.
edit on 19-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Clearly, you haven't read the actual post nor the links. There IS NO VACCINE whether a working one or not for coronavirus's since they were discovered over 70yrs ago and since that time biologists have been working on a vaccine for the corona, not this specific novel coronavirus but the previously known ones, and STILL can't come up with one because the virus is so complex in most strains

The whole point of a vaccine is to create an immune response BEFORE you get to the point of "drowning with their own fluid"
No point giving people with polio a vaccination for polio just as no point giving people with covid-19 a vaccination for covid-19. A vaccine isn't a treatment its a prevention

a reply to: makemap

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I'm sure everyone is aware that many drugs have side effects that only become apparent years after being prescribed and are then subsequently removed from circulation, hopefully without too many dangerous long term effects or deaths, and that is AFTER all the usual testing. I'm sure many remember or have heard of the thalidomide scandal in the Uk back in the 60s and 70s. With tablet or medicine it can be withdrawn and the patients affected don't have to take it again, with a vaccine once its in the body its too late, which is why vaccines take many years to perfect

But “vaccines” are not “drugs”.

Vaccines are derived from bits of biological material, usually deactivated parts of the disease they are intended to combat by preventing the disease from establishing itself in the body; whereas “drugs” are compounded from a combination of chemicals to treat a condition already afflicting the body.

It is the chemicals in drugs which pose the greatest risk of the side effects you fear.

Vaccines, in and of themselves, only either promote the same immune response that the disease would, without the deadly effects of the disease, or they do not (as when the flu vaccine distributed for a particular year fails to match the prevalent strain spreading that year).

It is a true pity that science education is so under promoted in our society - at a time when it is so obviously needed.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

They say vaccine don't work for Coronavirus because it causes the lungs to flood. People basically die by drowning themselves with their own fluid.

The condition you are referring to has nothing to do with the potential efficacy of an, as yet, developed vaccine.

The “flooding” you refer to is caused by a “cytokine ‘storm’”, the body’s immune system essentially overreacts to the virus, producing an excessive inflammatory response resulting in the excess production of mucus.

This usually occurs when the body’s initial immune response efforts have failed to clear a sufficient amount of the virus from the body, causing the immune system to go into a kind of “hyper-overdrive”.

An effective vaccine would allow the immune system to identify an infection of the virus early enough to prevent it from reaching the point at which the immune system feels the need to over react.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And its a shame that again, like others, you clearly didn't read the post in full or you would have noticed that it has been discovered for the last few months that any attempt at a covid-19 vaccine to create an immune response has failed, mainly due to MAKING THE PATHOLOGY WORSE as the body itself isn't good at protecting the respiratory tract. This is one of the reasons that over the last 70yrs NO coronavirus vaccine has been successful

I am fully aware of how a vaccine works thank you and the difference between a vaccine and a drug....I've more or less explained that in my post above but it doesn't detract from the fact that something such as a vaccine needs many years of trials and testing and what some Government Officials are suggesting is that certain steps may have to be missed to get it out there quickly. I for one am not happy about that. I'm fully vaccinated with tried & tested vaccines

The whole point of this thread is to advise that even THE WHO have said IT IS UNLIKELY A VACCINE WILL BE DISCOVERED so you going on about what it will do and how it will save the planet is pointless when it seems there won't be one

edit on 19-4-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

More than likely the side effects of such a Vaccine would be Explosive Diarrhea , a Sense of DOOM , and all of a sudden a Feeling of maybe turning into a Leftist Progressive Liberal just to Ease the Pain ............

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

😂😂
Or we all just get along and sing cumbaya around the campfire...who knows? But I think we all should be at least wary of a rushed vaccine that skips steps, even if they discover one which, it seems, would be a miracle in itself!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You're right about natural selection applying... in a naturally evolved virus. What if this virus isn't natural?

a reply to: Graysen

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

My Body , given to me by my Creator , is a Temple . Vaccines are Foreign Bodies Invading Natural Immune Systems Intent on Weakening them . PROVE Me Wrong Mr. Gates !

edit on 19-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Nope me neither....as much as I don't really want to die drowning in my own lung juice....the speed at which they are trying to push through with some form of vaccine almost always means corners will be cut. Who's to know the effects after a year or 10 years?? Quite often serious side effects can take years to manifest and then even longer to prove beyond shadow of a doubt the effects are vaccine related

a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Also, the likelyhood is that any vaccine would only be effective for a year or two.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You're right about natural selection applying... in a naturally evolved virus. What if this virus isn't natural?

That's where the science gets all sciencey.

See, Natural selection is a principle of selection pressure on a species. It always applies.

Basically, there's variation in a population, and the individuals with a trait that better adapts them to their environment will contribute more to the next generation than will individuals who lack that trait.

It's like butterflies who look poisonous don't get eaten, while the delicious-looking ones are more likely to be eaten by bluejays. Pretty soon, there's a lot more poisonous-looking butterflies than their are tasty-looking ones. That's natural selection at work.

Regardless of a virus' origin, natural selection will still apply. Just like the earth's gravitational constant applies, whether an object is man-made or not.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

There is no need for vaccine for covid-19 , the remedys are allready there but the MSM lame media dont say a word about them as they are not for truth .

The key is zinc + ionophore , and 2 natural ionophore are quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG found in green tea)

Also needed : Zinc + Niacin + Selenium

Natural antibiotic such as cinnamon extract or oil of oregano or just have doctor prescription antibiotic

Zinc alone is not working to covid-19, it need`s ionophore to get it inside cell .

Add Vitamin C & D and there you have it . Bromelain also very good all purpose remedy and would be good to use ( to empty stomach ) . Colloidal silver to help antibiotic effect .

Vitamin C , as either oral ascorbic acid, liposomal or IV .

Vitamin D starting from having covid-19 symptoms first 4 days up to 50000 IU /day with fat .

I am not sure thought about how much EMF radiation is causing New York cases, the "Altitude sickness" symptoms with low oxygen could be from EMF effecting blood iron .

How to Improve Zinc Uptake to Boost Immune Health

edit on 19-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Always interesting that natural selection process.

I've always wondered who's keeping count. Like for instance, your butterfly example. What is the "force" that comes to the conclusion that butterflies need to change their physical appearance in order to not be eaten? Why weren't they just eaten into extinction? Do the butterflies know they're being massacred and change? Saying it's just a process of nature is pretty arbitrary, no?🤷🏽‍♂️

Not trying to thread drift here, I just wondered what you thought.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I am a faith-ist, but I believe natural selection is merely the logic of large numbers.

In my "tasty-looking butterfly" example, once the tasty butterflies are truly scarce, the chance of them flying in front of a bluejay is actually a lot lower than the faker (poisonous looking) butterflies.

There was a biologist in the 1960s who showed this. Large numbers (populations) don't stay at equilibrium---they are constantly swinging between two extremes---that IS nature. constant flux.

Olsen showed it with male birds. One group would sneak in and impregnate another male's spouse, and let their young be raised by the "cuck". He called that R-stategy (reproductive).

The other was K-strategy. This male helped raise the young in his nest, regardless of whether he was the father or not.

Olsen showed that it is best to be in the minority. If you are the only r-strategist around, other males raise your genetic contribution. If you are the only K-strategist, your young will out-live (and outbreed) the competition.

Once your kind is the majority, it hurts your personal chances of contributing to the gene pool.

Darwin never said "survival of the fittest."

He said "reproductive success of the best adapted with an heritable trait." (not nearly as catchy.)

The easy way to understand it: "I don't have to out-run the bear. I just have to out-run you."

Survival of the least suckage.

Who is keeping score? The bears. If there IS a bear.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Another set of 'experts' with yet another possible approach to dealing with this outbreak.

It may not be a vaccine but they are now starting to replicate blood plasma trials in the US here in the UK.
Basically they are hoping to start blood transfusions from recovered COVID-19 sufferers to current patients under trial conditions.
This isn't a new approach and there are those who are wondering why it has taken so long to organise and try.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Aye been reading about the blood plasma trials, the results of which I await with baited breath

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If it were just one person or some oddball from youtube I wouldn't have bothered but its not and the facts do remain that vaccines for coronavirus in the past have failed

And failed badly. With the SARS-Cov-1 vaccine, it actually set up the patient for death if they contracted a different strain of the virus.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join