It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 is it good to inflate the numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's clear to everyone willing to look that the death numbers in the US are being artificially inflated.

But rather than assuming this is proof of a grand conspiracy could there be a better reason?

Unless we are giving everyone autopsies finding the actual cause of death is impossible. And even with autopsies you can't get 100% accuracy.

That leaves a huge problem when dealing with a pandemic and there's only 1 way I can see to deal with that and that's to cook the numbers.

By artificially inflating the numbers you are avoiding the potentially disastrous problem of underestimating them.

Now sure, this could all be a NWO ploy. However if this was a "real" pandemic like the black plague would you prefer to over react or under react?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Unless we are giving everyone autopsies finding the actual cause of death is impossible. And even with autopsies you can't get 100% accuracy.

Not sure where yhou live but in Australia an autopsy is standard protocol for a deceased human. Pretty sure it is the same in the US as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

It's not.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

It's not.

Um, really ?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Me too, I didn't realise that.
I assumed it was only if there was a reason.

Surely a beheading doesn't require an autopsy.
I'm curious now, would the head get its own table?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
If the USA is inflating it's numbers anybody any idea why many other countries are under reporting?

The UK and others are only counting hospital deaths as discussed in many other threads.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah, for the most part. Laws vary state to state, but autopsies are usually only performed in cases such as suspicious deaths, murders, and sometimes on deaths from vehicular deaths.

But even when an autopsy is performed, it's not necessarily an in-depth study.

Suspicious death maybe a little more thorough since the cause of death is unkown, but the first and most likely cause is usually what's determined to be the cause.

A murder depends. There'd be a check for signs of blunt force trauma, strangulation, stuff like that. Gunshot wounds would involve examining wounds, extracting projectiles if they remain to try and determine caliber. Knife wounds width and length to maybe determine what kind of knife, but usually just how many times to determine intent.

Accidents? Some blood work to determine if drugs were involved.

That's really about it.

But if a person dies from anything that seems natural or just from aging that's usually what it's called.

A family member can ask for an autopsy, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to get one.
edit on 1942020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Ok fair enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
It's clear to everyone willing to look that the death numbers in the US are being artificially inflated.

Er, have you some concrete evidence that numbers are being inflated, or are you just rolling around in an echo chamber?

In most countries clinicians indicate the cause of death for official records and legal process. If you think that clinicians are falsifying records, then you need to get some evidence and whistle-blow to the authorities in the US, whoever that is.

So no. It's not clear that numbers are being artificially inflated in any country, with the exception of China where it’s now increasingly apparent from reports that numbers of deaths have been significantly depressed.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

COVID-19 is it good to inflate the numbers?

So , the question is , do you uphold dishonesty from government and organizations ?
So , as for myself , I do not like to be LIED to.
By anyone .

edit on 4/19/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

It's panic mitigation most likely , same as tv media report s are focussing on home news only . There's reports from other countries on msm outlets but only online.
Stock market news is heavily manipulated too. What's available today is way off.
You make your own decisions .
Panic general panic is probably seen as one of the worst threats to human health and society overall.
News mandarins dont want this to cause an outbreak of that because it'll never get dragged back under control . The remit is omit and alter patterns for obvious reasons. Also established disinformation agents are working overtime to focus thinking people's attention on anything other than the real facts that matter. Facts that the western public's would be very uncomfortable with being exposed to . And their children would do it's somewhat agreed that's a fair policy you don't want general people living in fear.
On disinfo
If you watch some of these YouTube vids for example next news network they're blatant setups but people fall for it all the time. If a so called doctor has to wear a white coat to prove status or if they give you a medical advice disclaimer first , or if have to tap papers like newsreader after statements or if they're trying to rip off news style broadcasting , that's them . They've usually got something ' big' or outrageous to ' leak : but at the same time they'll try and introduce several conflicting ideas the purpose being both to confuse and to harvest comment on what their consumers are susceptible to .

The real news is available but you'd have to look for it country by country or by topic. There's a general effort in msm's broadcast news to downplay the realities of what's happening and obfuscate realistic forecasts which are fairly easy to conclude.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The pertinent coronavirus response bill provides billions to hospitals. This makes up for lost revenue.

The scuttlebutt going around is they get an additional $13,000 for CV19 patients and an additional $39,000 if they have to be put on a ventilator.

I have tried looking through the various bills which have been passes as emergency response efforts to CV19. I have not been able to find those data specifically. Perhaps someone more tenacious and fluent in legal goobledeegook could confirm or deny.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
The pertinent coronavirus response bill provides billions to hospitals. This makes up for lost revenue.

The scuttlebutt going around is they get an additional $13,000 for CV19 patients and an additional $39,000 if they have to be put on a ventilator.

I have tried looking through the various bills which have been passes as emergency response efforts to CV19. I have not been able to find those data specifically. Perhaps someone more tenacious and fluent in legal goobledeegook could confirm or deny.

Clearly hospitals are an unescasary expense, we should just defund them now, sack all the overpaid doctors and underneeded nurses and waive the lockdown.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Generally speaking it is better to be on the safe side than the sorry side so true figures should always be presented, however were the cause of death is uncertain an estimate is all they may be able to arrive at.

Over in the US you have a different approach and many organizations that will fight for the truth.

Over here in the UK it is a bit different, we have a Tory Government in power and they are used to lying about all manner of thing's, the term they use is MASSAGING the figures - read Lying outright, one way they did this with our unemployment figures was only to record those actively receiving monetary assistance from the government and finding all manner of way's to hide the true figure by deliberately NOT recording those that they decided to NOT give any help to regardless of whether they were employed or not AND also if they were employed and had say two hours a week of voluntary work down at a charity or something they would also use that to claim that these people were NOT unemployed.

Unfortunately for us over in the UK this lying habit is ingrained in our Tory government so deeply they have also been doing this over the death toll of this virus, we have them only revealing Confirmed cases - in our case about 15000 as of yesterday while at the same time ignoring unconfirmed cases such as a possible 7500+ number of cases from retirement homes (we call them old folk's homes or nursing homes - God only know's how I despise those that pack there elderly relatives off to live in those places like prisoners waiting on death row just so that they can sell there homes and pocket the money - too many of that despicable ilk over here these day's), so as you can see if the government here were to be more honest they would say 15000 confirmed, possibly more like approaching 23000 as of yesterday in real term's and potentially higher numbers if taking other sources of unconfirmed death's that match the virus into the count.

It is not about the public either, our government want's to keep the true figure down so that it does not come back to bit them from there early mishandling at the next election - but to be fair I think Boris has handled it possibly better than his predecessors would have even if he did drag his feet a while before getting down to work on the matter - and then coming down with a mild case himself.

I do think your nation is pushing for an end to the lock down too soon however, this is a real virus despite some lunatic idea's on this and other sites and it is a genuine threat to life for a great many people in our society's, it is not a civilization ending virus but it is one that will scar our society's forever if left to go unchecked.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Perhaps I've fallen for the bs out there.

I've seen some reasonable stuff out there that's lead me to believe an argument for numbers being inflated could be made.

I'm just looking for a reasonable explanation.
Perhaps the idea that the have inflated numbers is a lie, that's reasonable.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Unfortunately we will need to wait until the year end tally of the deceased and compare it to previous years. If the numbers don’t add up to what we’ve been put through then we can all raise some hell.

I’m really curious to how much larger it will be than in year 2018.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

We would if we were to react as vicerally towards the 250,000 deaths from malpractice per year as we do for the potentially 100,000 from covid, it would be an underreaction by comparison.
edit on 4/19/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That was some Olympic class hyperbole there. 10 out of 10!

The topic was the CV19 numbers. The information I alluded to demonstrated there may be some cases where hospitals might be persuaded to render a CV19 diagnosis when in doubt. 'Better safe than sorry and we will get reimbursed for it anyway.' Or something along those lines.

The part where I recommend defunding hospitals was on another thread. Right after I suggested everybody should lick the Walmart greeter before entering the store.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's a trap President Trump asked the CDC to set for Anti-Trump states...particularly New York.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Setting aside whether it is good or bad, it is the same thing that is done with the death toll for the flu. That is why people go around citing that the flu kills 60K people a year.

That is just an estimate while the confirmed deaths are 6,515.

With the flu they wait until the end of the season to crunch (inflate) the numbers because the flu isn't really that bad. CV-19 has shown to be pretty bad in some other countries so it would look, to me at least, that they don't want to sort through the ashes but instead want to have a rolling estimate to err on the side of caution.

Also, bringing down the estimated death toll from 2.2M to 100K+ to 60K looks like they were just trying to avoid panic. Sure, lets bring it down to the level of the flu because nobody panics over the flu.

Everybody keeps talking about inflated CV-19 numbers but turn a blind eye to the inflated flu numbers. Confirmation bias is a strange thing.
edit on 19-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

join