It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite isn't always your best....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Must be nice to have a Beretta 92 which has been to Wilson Combat, and to be able to call that a kick-around gun!!

I've got a Beretta 92FS (which is essentially an M9 in brushed stainless). Beretta has the smoothest action on planet earth. Love the pistol, but can't shoot it for crap! Don't like the M9 battle sights at all, and definitely don't like holding the bull. A lot of people have the same issue. I liked the original 92 sights better. I got some adjustable target sights for it but I just don't have the heart to put them on (screws up the lines of the pistol). So for now it just sits.

Fun is the SA 1911a1, or the Dan Wesson wheel gun.

edit on 4/19/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
All my firearms are what most people would call crap, Im ok with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoolSample
All my firearms are what most people would call crap, Im ok with that.

Nothing is crap if it's reliable.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I feel the same way, but haters gonna hate.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I believe in the 22 eventuality, that everyone ends up there at some point.

It's just a phase. I'm past that (again) and back to the .30 (rifles) & .45 (pistols).

Curious: What press are you hand loading on?

edit on 1942020 by Snarl because: I think my .22 interest was governed strictly by ammo availability.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
22LR abounds: 10/22, Mark III, AR-7 & matching Explorer II pistol, CALICO (100 rd helical "mag" x4). I practice with these on my property (acreage) regularly.

My fave 22LR was a pocket beretta - and an almost identical iver johnson flip top bbl. I still wonder what happened to those guns, eventually ended up traded out I guess. Shame because they were so totally concealable.

When it comes to daily carry, I'm still 1911 LWC in the belt and CZ52 Tokarev in the car - and a sweet .45acp REVOLVER for the house, along with the.45ACP Kriss Vector on the shoulder. All these have iron sights.

Enjoy the bang!
ganjoa

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Just before all this cov-idiocy hit the states my gf got me a keltec cp-33 for my early b-day present. I wanted this gun from the moment I saw it at shot show. I can honestly say I lusted for this gun. I love keltec they know how to get my heart racing with their inovative designs. Once I fell in love with bullpups keltec became my go to. I currently have two of their ksg's, and a gen II rfb. They may be cheap to build plastic clam shells according to some people, but my are they fun and surprisingly reliable given how badly my friends tried to stop me from buying my first one by saying "no, not a keltec, those are pieces of snip". My ksg's both have thousands of shells through em with no issue and boy howdy are those mini shells from aquila fun to run. Haha Haha 25 12 gauge booms as fast as you can pump em out all in a 26.125 inch long compact 100% ambidextrous bull pup shotgun. The rfb needs to run FMJ's but keltec warns you about that in the manual and as long as it is FMJ it will even run the cheap russian steel cased crap with no issues slightly rusted cases and all.

The first time I took my brand new cp-33 out shooting it did not want to feed the gold pack ammo i was using from remington. It just kept mis-feeding, bending the bullets, and jamming against the feed ramp Instead of chambering on like every 3rd round. I couldn't even run 10 rounds through my 33 round mag without a couple issues each try. All of a sudden I could feel those old fears my friends had instilled in me years ago rising up in the back of my mind. No, how could this be? I thought my former success with keltec had put these fears to rest.

I wanted to cry. I thought I had a lemon on my hands. At over 600 bucks for a 22lr pistol that didn't wan't to run, keltec would have been getting one hell of an angry call from a former loyal customer. It was heart breaking. The object of my desire lay on that bench mute, broken and scorned while my mind raced over my options and their implications. When I got home I had finaly calmed down enough to jump online and do some research before I called keltec, and ended our now nearly decade long relationship.

Apparently the uniquely designed quad stack magazine that allows this baby to fit 33 rounds in a mag that fits flush into the pistols grip means you need to run 22lr brands that are as close to 1 inch long as possible. I was surprised to learn about the manufacturing tolerences for 22lr amo for sure.

It also has a short steep feed ramp that only likes round nose ammo. Hollow points like I had been using hit the bottom of the ramp and get stuck.i had already read the keltec manual for the cp-33 and knew not to rim lock my rounds when loading my mag, and not to use bullets that wiggled in their casing, "as some cheaper brands are known to do", but I didn't know I had to find round nosed ammo that was as close to 1 inch long as possible. Maybe keltec felt putting that in their manual would turn some skiddish buyers away idk.

Eventually I played arround with some different ammo brands until I finally figgured out it loves to run thunderbolt, and boy howdy does she run slick as snip on the stuff.

With 33 rounds of plinking fun fit cleanly into the grip of this tack driver of a pistol, it is by far my favorite gun to shoot now. She took me for quite an emotional ride on our first date almost costing me my loyalty to keltec along the way, but it was worth every ounce of heartache, angst, and cold hard cash, and in the end all she wanted was her favorite food. I already got my eye on a brace, red dot, and can for her too.

edit on 19-4-2020 by Stevenmonet because: Spelling/grammar

edit on 19-4-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Funny you mention the favorite gun aspect. I have a very very over glorified .22 LR that looks like a M&P AR .223/.556. Anyone that sees it thinks is a military grade assault rifle. I grew up with .22 firearms. Ammo is cheap and it’s fun as hell to ping around with.

The rest of my guns are just practice, nothing more.

As this whole covid lockdown thing was happening, and my son was out of school,
I purchased a Smith and Wesson AR 15-22.

We’ve easily run over 3000 rnds thru it in the last couple weeks, emptied 2 bucket o’ bullets.

Fun and easy shooting, and I’m not using my “go to” ammo.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My favorite guns to shoot have always been lever actions....I have owned a few Winchesters over the years but call me crazy...I actually prefer Marlins. Specifically Marlins produced pre 85ish. I have never sold any of my Marlins but have sold every Winchester I ever owned. My BLR is fun to shoot to but just doesn't have the same feel to it as a Marlin 'although maybe that because its a 450 marlin and kicks like two mules' I still shoot best with my old Delton AR , guess that's the old military training shining thru. Worst most piece of s gun I have ever purchased? Toss up between my old Ruger p-90 'most inaccurate pistol I have ever fired and my Arsenal AK 'its just a piece of junk.

Like most people here I tend to just shoot my 22 cals now....its just cheaper and much easier on my worn out sholders
edit on 20-4-2020 by Oathkeeper73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yep.

My favorite is probably my .357 mag. Ruger black hawk. My best is my Sig P226.

I just enjoy the single action for some reason and with the gun belt it is more comfy to carry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join