It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by DMK25
well, satan created the newer animals. things such as unicorns. go to urantia.com and read the third book about Jesus life.

Since when was Satan granted creative powers?

Since when was mankind granted creative powers? We have created new life, now havn't we? A tiger and a lion? How many breeds of dogs has mankind bred into existance? Seems to me we are more like Satan, that is, unless we are God. We must think so, if we are creating and not considering ourselves to be like Satan.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

Three question marks....Hmm....so whats the big deal?

"what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

What new species r u referring to, and were you around in the
beginning to observe God's ommission of their creation? God is not
Homer Simpson.

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

Again, what species....and on whose say so? And were they around in
the beginning as well?

what do hardcore bible believers say about this?

Hardcore believers say that your argument is big on boast, and
strangely absent on reasoned, and concise detail.

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???
PS: Believers don't believe in evolution.

Texthardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
And you know these are not adapted? How do we know they are new?

And just so you know, maybe God did slap some new ones down just for giggles....?

Why not? BSB goes to their message boards sites just for fun!

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What about the fact that the human race creates new life all the time. I cant see how god created a new born baby (directly anyway.)

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by they see ALL
"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

I believe in Creation. But that also entails evolution. We tend to lose sight of the fact that God's time is not our own. He and His work is not confined to our miniscule paramaters. Christians should understand that everything on this planet evolves continuously. That is not in opposition to biblical beliefs.

a fine example of semilogical creationism!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, if all life was created and is continually "adapted" by a higher power, why are there so many flaws in organisms? Doesn't seem like "intelligent design" to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by DMK25
well, satan created the newer animals. things such as unicorns. go to urantia.com and read the third book about Jesus life.

Since when was Satan granted creative powers?

Since when was mankind granted creative powers?

Thanks for dodging my question, but I'll go ahead and answer yours. Never.

We have created new life, now havn't we?

No.

A tiger and a lion? How many breeds of dogs has mankind bred into existance?

None. Many years of genetics study as taught me otherwise (5 years and still paying the bill). We may have thought we've gotten "creative" but genetically speaking, that which cannot happen doesn't happen, and what we "create" is just mixing already existing lifeforms. It's called selective breeding and genetic engineering, we've "created" nothing.

Seems to me we are more like Satan,

Speak for yourself

that is, unless we are God.

How do you reason?

We must think so, if we are creating and not considering ourselves to be like Satan.

Our desire to be like God got us into trouble in the beginning. It appears that residue still exists.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
we have created new life forms through genetic engineering we've created new species of soy and corn...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
we have created new life forms through genetic engineering we've created new species of soy and corn...

Any idea how genetic engineering works? It's not with picture cards and pentagrams. Nothing is created, we're just manipulating existing components.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
so by create you mean violate laws of physics by creating something out of nothing?

is a child's work not a creation if it's made out of legos?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

so by create you mean violate laws of physics by creating something out of nothing?

Something like that, yes.

is a child's work not a creation if it's made out of legos?

Nope. Oh! I see, we have different definitions of creation. Looks like I was going by definition #1 and you're going by definition #4 of the below:

Main Entry: 1cre·ate
Pronunciation: krE-'At, 'krE-"
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): cre·at·ed; cre·at·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin creatus, past participle of creare; akin to Latin crescere to grow -- more at CRESCENT
transitive senses
1 : to bring into existence [God created the heaven and the earth -- Gen 1:1 (Authorized Version)]
2 a : to invest with a new form, office, or rank [was created a lieutenant] b : to produce or bring about by a course of action or behavior [her arrival created a terrible fuss] [create new jobs]
3 : CAUSE, OCCASION [famine creates high food prices]
4 a : to produce through imaginative skill [create a painting] b : DESIGN [creates dresses]
intransitive senses : to make or bring into existence something new
www.m-w.com...

[edit on 15-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
so you're saying god violates the law of conservation of mass and energy? now you're being nonsensical
just kidding

you still can't prove that god created anything, therefore the burden to create as god doesn't need to be met. you can't even prove the existence of god, much less that this supposed entity created anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

you still can't prove that god created anything, therefore the burden to create as god doesn't need to be met. you can't even prove the existence of god, much less that this supposed entity created anything.

And you cannot prove He didn't create everything. The fact there is a creation is more evidence of a creator than the probabilty of things mish-mashing together by accident. It's a fun mathmatical number to look at sometime when you have a chance. Anywho, I would recommend a different approach. Instead of looking for fossil evidence of God, how about taking this statement and working with it: "God exists right now". If that statement is true, then it is reasonable that one can find God without digging in the dirt for relics. If you can find God in the present tense, then the history will unfold itself. I'm always willing to help with this, though cannot take the walk for anyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
saint, the problem is you're postulating the existence of god. you can also postulate that we were created by a flying spaghetti monster and the his noodliness wants us to worship him in full pirate regalia, but it doesn't mean that its true.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

saint, the problem is you're postulating the existence of god.

I'm not "postulating" anything. I'm a very hard-headed individual, in case you couldn't tell yet
, and require my proofs to believe just about everything. I feel bad about that sometimes, like a fool after being shown something I should already know, but such is the way I am.

you can also postulate that we were created by a flying spaghetti monster and the his noodliness wants us to worship him in full pirate regalia, but it doesn't mean that its true.

I agree with this statement.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i'm saying that you can't prove that the bible is the word of god, that god exists, or that any religion is the right one.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

i'm saying that you can't prove that the bible is the word of god, that god exists, or that any religion is the right one.

You're right, but I can help you get your proof.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And you cannot prove He didn't create everything. The fact there is a creation is more evidence of a creator than the probabilty of things mish-mashing together by accident. It's a fun mathmatical number to look at sometime when you have a chance. Anywho, I would recommend a different approach. Instead of looking for fossil evidence of God, how about taking this statement and working with it: "God exists right now". If that statement is true, then it is reasonable that one can find God without digging in the dirt for relics. If you can find God in the present tense, then the history will unfold itself. I'm always willing to help with this, though cannot take the walk for anyone.

NOw this isnt a dig at you but the probability of a creator creating life and the probability of everything mish-mashing together over eternity are sort of the same, although one uses science and the other uses faith.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
NOw this isnt a dig at you but the probability of a creator creating life and the probability of everything mish-mashing together over eternity are sort of the same, although one uses science and the other uses faith.

There is no probability involved in a creator because by definition there is no random, chance, luck, chaos, entropy, etc. So the probability that there is a final product or creation is 1, we exist. The probability of coincidences leading up to the "work in progress" according to Nobel prize winning Francis Crick (of Watson and Crick) is zero. He believed that not in 4.6 billion years could it have possibly happened. That's from the man who worked on the model for DNA we've come to know and love within the last 50-some years.

Sir Fred Hoyle along with Chandra Wickramasinghe came to the odds of this happening as 1 in 10^40,000. Just to give perspective 10^10 = 10,000,000,000. Mods would have my head for wrighting out 1:10^40,000 since it's 10 with 40,000 zeros. I'm not one for the math debate though, that wasn't my major (Non-Evolutionary Biology was...which is called Genetics), I just like reading about the guys who actually do all that hard work
. Sir Fred Hoyle's conclusion? "The fact that life exists anywhere in the universe can only be explained by the pre-existance of some gigantic intelligence, which, if you wish, you may call God."

[edit on 16-12-2005 by saint4God]

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join