It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
fair enough jake1997...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well, satan created the newer animals. things such as unicorns. go to urantia.com and read the third book about Jesus life.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DMK25
well, satan created the newer animals. things such as unicorns. go to urantia.com and read the third book about Jesus life.

Since when was Satan granted creative powers?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
what do hardcore (or at least catholics) bible believers say about this:

WHERE did the sperm come from that made Mary have a child???

No sperm was involved. "He was conceived by the power of the Holy spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary". The chromosomes bearing genes came only from Mary. Not from any male. This was not a normal human birth.

God can make miracles and doesn't have to stay within physical human laws.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
No sperm was involved. "He was conceived by the power of the Holy spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary". The chromosomes bearing genes came only from Mary. Not from any male. This was not a normal human birth.

okay...

i guess it was like anakin's birth in "star wars" :shk:

either way, it is very hard to believe, even for a christian...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I love how those christians refer to evolution as adapting....

Ignorant Christian Fool 1 - "Hey fellow ignorant fools, what if we call evolution something else, then it won't really be evolution!"

Ignorant Christian Fool 2 - "What a wonderful idea! This way it just all disapears and we don't have to consider reality. Lord knows what happens if we have to concede to science again...like that time when they told us the world was not the center of the universe"

Seapeople-
Just a suggestion but maybe you could come up with a less insulting and desparaging term for those of us who happen to believe in Creation by God.
"Ignorant Christian Fool" is pretty blatant in it's lack of respect; after all, I don't refer to those who believe in evolution as "ignorant fools", just "mislead".

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???

well im not a Hard Core believr and i think "7 days" is a metaphor, because the Bible also says "a day with the Lord is as a thousand years..."
i also believe that the first pages of Genesis describe some kind of evolution mixed with Creation....(my op)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
well im not a Hard Core believr and i think "7 days" is a metaphor, because the Bible also says "a day with the Lord is as a thousand years..."
i also believe that the first pages of Genesis describe some kind of evolution mixed with Creation....(my op)

true...

you have a good point...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
evolution seems to stick to its guns. when someone is telling you about evolution they don't try to coincide god with evolution. however, when a christian needs to argue about evolution, when the arguement starts to make them sound like a retarded sperm, they try to make evolution fit with their religion, hence saying god put evolution in motion. so why do christians feel the need to adapt their beliefs, are they not strong enough that you have to therefore take other beliefs and adapt them to yours? evolutionists don't try and make god fit in with their beliefs, the whole idea of evolution is that everything happened because of chance and change, and most certainly not by some being that is apparently above everything including science.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

okay...

i guess it was like anakin's birth in "star wars" :shk:

either way, it is very hard to believe, even for a christian...

It is hard for non-believers to accept the truth of the virgin birth of Christ; in fact it is impossible, apart from the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. (NIV)

Romans 10:17
So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself). (Amplified Version)

[edit on 7/12/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
It is hard for non-believers to accept the truth of the virgin birth of Christ; in fact it is impossible, apart from the Holy Spirit.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. (NIV)

So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself). (Amplified Version)

i guess i am a non-believer christian than

i hope i am allowed into heaven :shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it is in fact, so it seems, hard for even christians to believe in the virgin birth. the bbc did a poll of vicars, bishops, priests, and aparently 30% in the 'virgin birth'. they do not however share their belief with the church or its recruited sheep, in fear of losing their jobs.

what does it show you when the highest leader of the catholic church or pretty much anything church accepts evolution. what does it show you when 30% of the people that run the service at your church every week don't believe in some of the major doctrines of your faith? you might be able to bend the rules, break some even, or forget some, or change some, but if you lose just the virgin birth the whole christ fad collapses.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

i guess i am a non-believer christian than

i hope i am allowed into heaven :shk:

Theyseeall- Let me ask you a question;what is it that you do believe that makes you a Christian. I am not trying to put you on the spot or disparage your beliefs but when you say you are a Christian but do not believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ it begs the question.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is co-equal with God The Father and The Holy Spirit? That Jesus has forgiven you all of your sins through His death and resurrection? What do you believe is an essential belief to be considered a Christian?

Please, understand that I am not trying to be judgemental; I am just trying to start a dialogue.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
right now, i am trying to be a skeptic and use my mind to dictate "truth" and not the church...

i will leave it at that...

maybe when i am very old i will go to church every sunday and all that stuff...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
it is in fact, so it seems, hard for even christians to believe in the virgin birth. the bbc did a poll of vicars, bishops, priests, and aparently 30% in the 'virgin birth'. they do not however share their belief with the church or its recruited sheep, in fear of losing their jobs.

what does it show you when the highest leader of the catholic church or pretty much anything church accepts evolution. what does it show you when 30% of the people that run the service at your church every week don't believe in some of the major doctrines of your faith? you might be able to bend the rules, break some even, or forget some, or change some, but if you lose just the virgin birth the whole christ fad collapses.

Shaunybaby-

What it shows is that Jesus Christ knew what he was talking about when he said: ... And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. ... For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:11-14,17 (NASB)

The apostle Paul also talked about this:

"Difficult Times Will Come"
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money,boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NASB)

These are the people whom you are talking about; leaders and teachers of the very church they are supposed to be shepherding for the Lord. More's the pity for them. But because the "mainline" church has been greatly compromised and corrupted by folks like this doesn't make the whole church ( and here I am referring to the body of believers, not church institutions themselves) morally or spiritually bankrupt.

Christ is still Lord, whether you or these "others" chose to believe it.
We are, indeed, living in the last days that the Lord and Paul referred to in the above passages. The Lord Jesus is coming again, so be prepared.

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

"For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.

"For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

"Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.

Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

"Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.
"But be sure of this, that (BD)if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

"For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will. Matthew 24:36-42 (NASB)

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
and let us not forget Pauls words about the 'falling away'. They make a nice "!" to the end of your post.

You have voted lightseeker for the Way Above Top Secret award.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
To Light Seeker,
I would like to comment on the Virgin Birth and ask you If you have Studied Greek Mythology? because when I did, I found the Virgin Birth Story everywhere. also since the New Testament was written for a Greek audience, that no where that I could find that Paul mentions this Virgin Birth, Jesus followers never mention it, (that I could find )
When I started searching other storys, like say, Mithra, Horus, and in Mexico there was The Sun God of Aztecs and Toltecs Quetzalcoatl, was the result of an Immaculate conception. Like Mithra he departed from his people, he solemnly promised he would return. their Birthday Like Jesus Dec 25. How can one accept Jesus Birth without accepting all these others. I would have to say...
"Would the real Jesus, please stand up" Ok seriously... after much study of all this, I have came to the conclusion that they all did have one an the same in common, they all did teach Immortality, and they all did say they would be back, they were all divine, and after much study it seems like this all started in Egypt.
I had to come to the conclusion, and except this fact because if you believe one and not the other, then what makes it right to believe the one and not the other one? do you understand what I am saying?:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't see the issue here. God created everything, evolution is a natural progression of His creation.
What I do see as an issue however is when people deny that God even exists.
We genetically engineer things all the time. It makes for hardier crops that withstand different temperate zones so we even have a crop yield. We also have genetic mutations that either come about directly through mans pollutants, nature,(UV rays mutate cells) or natural selction.

Look how many breeds of dogs there are, cats, horses, donkeys (is it a mule that was bred from a horse and a donkey?) You get my point. All things happen for a reason and who are we to be so presumptuous to question or deny God was behind any of it? Even mutations occur because of factors that are either directly or indirectly linked back to God.

As mentioned, dogs were wolves, although I don't recall seeing pics of wolves on the pyramid walls doesn't mean that wolves didn't exist. I take all things as a blessing provided by God whether we understand their origin or even knew they existed in pre-recorded history... or even dies out pre-history. Unicorns and dragons could have been, might still be... because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere... at the least in Heaven. And yes, there are animals in Heaven too, the four HORSEmen of the apocaplypse. Don't be so quick to dismiss something just because science says it ain't so. Science has always been proven wrong when understanding or technology advances.

Look at the platypus. God had a sense of humor too... just look at silly man and wonder why we weren't given wings (He corrected this in heaven for the worthy)

If you doubt you can ask Him when you see Him as one day you will whether you believe He is there or not. For all that matter, He never left, He is always here, has always been here, and will always be at the end of ones journey. Had you Faith, ask Him and He will answer. He even stated it in the Bible. Calling the Bible a fictitious work or a comic book, the only joke is on you when you are asked to explain what you thought was so funny.

You don't have to take anyone's word for it though, only Gods word. It matters little to me whether you doubt since we are all believers in the end.

Believe or not, it is your choice to make.

[edit on 8/14/2005 by keybored]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
'The bible is the word of god,' well im not a christian but I know that not to be strictly true.
The Gospels as in the biggest part of the bible are just peoples ideas about the events around the time of Christ.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

I'd quote the bible where it says that 1 day in the eyes of God is equal to 1,000 years in the eyes of man, and then ask you to show me 7,000 years worth of your documented history.

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

And you think this is inconsistant how?

I'd quote the bible where it says that 1 day in the eyes of God is equal to 1,000 years in the eyes of man, and then ask you to show me 7,000 years worth of your documented history.

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???

Why take one sentence in the book and disregard the rest of it?

"They" don't concern me. Do you admit you either choose to disregard or choose to remain ignorant of the bible before you choose to need others to admit it is somehow flawed?

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join