It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deniers Protesters willing to give up their Medical care if they get Covid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I do agree with you on the lawn care & second home.

I think lawn care is essential and can easily & safely be done while social distancing.

The second home thing is going to be really interesting. On the one hand you are paying property taxes and should
have access to those services & your own property. On the other hand, I've heard in some of these places they simply don't have the emergency capability, hospital beds/care, etc. All the places in the US that have had second home issues are usually from the locals that live there and don't want lack of emergency services from people that aren't year round residents.

Maybe the middle ground is that you go to those places at your own risk knowing the risks?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

In the absence of real leadership, planing and the sharing of meaningful information people will fill in the blanks themselves and clearly some people have decided that the situation is not as dire as the talking heads say it is.

I can't blame people for being human; this is all on our ineffective leaders.

In point of fact, the governors on the West Coast have done a good job of leading and getting the word out and we have kept the cases and deaths well below the initial projections - so far - so far.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: JAGStorm

Let's start with the safe-at-home pledging that when they get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed, they will take the back seat to the essentials workers... those who are risking the most for them to stay safe at home.

Hmmmmm... one page in and seven flags for the OP, so we know at least eight people are happy to prioritize and outright refuse life-saving healthcare to others, but not even one of these presumably happy-to-be-safe-at-home people with the absolute lowest risk are willing to give essential workers priority healthcare? The ones carrying the world on their shoulders? Those people taking the greatest risks? They don't deserve priority over the safe-at-home? Not even the OP who is so quick to tell everyone else what is acceptable and a convenient compromise? Nope. Not even the OP.

Hmmmmm... what does this remind me of? Oh that's right! These would be the same people who don't give a rats patootie about the many many people being put in harm's way -- even dying -- because of this panic mode shutdown in order for them to stay safe at home. Nope. Not even a smidgen of a care...

Hmmmmm... And yet, a couple people who obviously aren't COWARDS and BULLIES are quite confident in their own abilities to take care of themselves and theirs, and will -- without complaint -- give priority to others who may need that medical care more than them. Likewise, I will gladly give up hospital care for essential workers and those who need it more than I do.

Hmmmmm... Who is the REAL threat to me and mine???

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I will gladly give up hospital care for essential workers and those who need it more than I do.

I would too.

I think you worded your "pledge" weird and wasn't exactly sure what you were trying to say.
The whole point of Safe at home is that you wouldn't need to give up your bed. That is exactly the point.

Several members of my family (including myself) have been actively volunteering in helping those on the front lines battling this.
I think the absolute best thing we can do for those essential workers is to stay home, and social distance when you have to go out. Or at the very least don't have a parade and stand shoulder to shoulder!

edit on 18-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: DanDanDat

In the absence of real leadership, planing and the sharing of meaningful information people will fill in the blanks themselves and clearly some people have decided that the situation is not as dire as the talking heads say it is.

I can't blame people for being human; this is all on our ineffective leaders.

In point of fact, the governors on the West Coast have done a good job of leading and getting the word out and we have kept the cases and deaths well below the initial projections - so far - so far.

What are the specific dates that your West Coast plans to reopen?

What are the specific milestones that need to be reached to show that the state can go to the next stages? What are the metrics being used on a daily bases so we can gage for ourselves if our leaders are making progress or spinning their wheels.

What happens when you don't reach those milestones or those metrics start to show less to no progress. What's plan B, when do we know its time to go to it?

"Getting the word out" to stay home is not at all what I am talking about. We all got that message whether we listened to it or not.

What I am talking about is our leaders telling their people when to expect this will be over; detailed plans on what life will look like between now and then. What are their detailed plans to secure the food supply for example? When exactly can people expect to get their unemployment and small business loans in a system that has already broken down?

This is the type of information need to be told right now. They don't need to keep hearing about curves or masks or how to properly wash their hands or even how many hospital beds the state has. That is information they already know or information that is of no use to them.

In the absence of real actionable information people will fill in the blanks themselves. Even on the west coast quarantine has a shelf life and after that people are going to start doing what they won't unless they are given the information they need to stay home.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think we are already past the point of controlling this. It is going to spread like wildfire as soon as restrictions are lifted, not that it isn't doing a good job of spreading now. Just like the OP mentioned some of those protestors either in ignorance or arrogance decided it was a good idea to bunch together without even wearing masks. I bet there was one jackass there who wanted to see the world burn who knew he or she had the virus.

We already lost this war. We were probably doomed to fail from the beginning even if the government hadn't dropped the ball.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I pay ~1000.00 / mo for insurance
I have to work to pay that premium.
Isn't this situation why we have insurance?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Too extreme. Covid-19 is just one more (of many) threats to our lives. Those who don't want to expose themselves to this additional threat are free to stay home until a Vaccine is ready. They can go on Welfare and order everything they need online until that moment arrives.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Should people against the 2nd amendment give up their right to own a gun? Or not call the police if they are mugged, raped, beaten? Armed home invasions too. You know, because police have guns.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Are "Believers" willing to give up their right to assemble if they don't get Covid?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

That doesn't make sense.

Instead of saying they are against the 2nd they were anti police that would make far more sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

IT makes as much sense as the op.

edit on 4/18/2020 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I formally wave my right to treatment for the Chinese Coronavirus.

Can I go to the bar and have a drink now?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty sad... Michigan.gov clearly lists out their protocols, debunks all this alt right protesting...Use your phone and google yourself "Michigan buy" fertilizer or paint or whatever you think they banned because there are plenty of places operating. It's 12:30am right now so they're closed but most of them open tomorrow at 8am.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Let's start with the safe-at-home pledging that when they get it, IF the hospitals are overwhelmed, they will take the back seat to the essentials workers... those who are risking the most for them to stay safe at home.

Hmmmmm... Who is the REAL threat to me and mine???

If nothing else this whole pandemic has shown many of us exactly who is willing to tell us to drop dead if our needs don't align with theirs while saying we're all in it together out the other side of their mouth. We're in it together as long as their needs are being met, beyond that we can take a hike.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

There is a reason people are protesting in your state and not others. Draconian measures were implemented with stupid rules. Alcohol and creeper wheat ok. Everyone else; NO.

I live in a much larger city than you without those measures and it's working out. Many businesses are still open. Social distancing, plexi glass and masks. Numbers are declining. No need to shutdown the entire economy. Freaking lawn services? I hear they shutdown lawn crews in your state. If that is true that is beyond feeble mindedness.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
I think the destruction of the world economy is going to cause far more deaths then covid ever could have, Sorry not buying you can just stop and restart the economy. Ironically they won't be keeping track of those numbers like people that ost their health insurance because they can't afford to pay cobra payments of 2500.00. or the people that had their life savings flushed down the toilet over a virus. Do you think we can destroy the economy every time a new virus comes along? I believe just about every year a new virus pops up somewhere in the world. It appears the latest study shows this virus is less lethal than the flu so next flu season is everyone going to stay home?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I think the destruction of the world economy is going to cause far more deaths then covid ever could have, Sorry not buying you can just stop and restart the economy. Ironically they won't be keeping track of those numbers like people that ost their health insurance because they can't afford to pay cobra payments of 2500.00. or the people that had their life savings flushed down the toilet over a virus. Do you think we can destroy the economy every time a new virus comes along? I believe just about every year a new virus pops up somewhere in the world. It appears the latest study shows this virus is less lethal than the flu so next flu season is everyone going to stay home?

I don't know why you're asking me. I agreed with the person I was responding to.

Ask somebody that supports blanket lockdowns.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If nothing else this whole pandemic has shown many of us exactly who is willing to tell us to drop dead if our needs don't align with theirs while saying we're all in it together out the other side of their mouth. We're in it together as long as their needs are being met, beyond that we can take a hike.

Why are you so hyperbolic all the time? Your point would be better served if it wasn't so over the top.
edit on 19-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

There is a reason people are protesting in your state and not others. Draconian measures were implemented with stupid rules. Alcohol and creeper wheat ok. Everyone else; NO.

I live in a much larger city than you without those measures and it's working out. Many businesses are still open. Social distancing, plexi glass and masks. Numbers are declining. No need to shutdown the entire economy. Freaking lawn services? I hear they shutdown lawn crews in your state. If that is true that is beyond feeble mindedness.

My state has never stopped lawn services you are thinking of another poster. My state actually even had all the parks open, until huge crows and zero social distancing forced them to close.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join