It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Deniers Protesters willing to give up their Medical care if they get Covid?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Also, for all the traditional States Rights folk ... so, you're now in favor of Trump's unconsitutional position that he is somehow "in control"? So the restrictions put in place by Republican governors are okie-dokie, but, not the Democratic ones?

States Rights still have to remain within the confines the Constitution places on governments, or else the Union is null and void, Gryph. *Some* of the actions governors have enacted are within their rights and are within the confines of the Constitution. I'd suggest the policies mandating self isolation for anyone traveling into a state, particularly from an area with significant outbreak levels or a foreign country are perfectly Constitutional, as is mandating quarantine of those who have tested positive for COVID. I do not believe that governors and mayors passing edicts choosing which businesses may remain open and which must close, in absence of actual laws and oversight defining those criteria and in absence of any sort of redress of grievance or appeals is within their right at all. I also strongly oppose the violations of religious freedom we've seen where mayors and governors are criminalizing congregating in exercise of one's religion... that's about as blatant and direct a Constitutional Rights violation as we've seen in the US in generations. It can also be argued that the criminalizing of free association, particularly on private property, is a gross violation of the Constitution. We are guaranteed these things by the Constitution... should we not be outraged and ready to fight when they are removed from us for any cause in absence of due process?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Whether you like it or not, your tax money goes to benefit the whole, so you are already supporting others..must really hurt you inside.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ive decided I'll surrender nothings.

come and take it.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Nyiah

So. What. JAG. Your personal anecdote is still just a personal anecdote.

Tell that to the apx 44K people that died in the US or 2.5 million worldwide.

One thing is for sure, it's not done yet, some places have not even peaked, so we can't even assume we know how deadly this is yet.

Jag I am sorry for your losses caused by this virus.

But do people not die everyday from Viruses , have Viruses not been killing people since the dawn of DNA .

What if it turns out that those 44,000 deaths are actually wrong, What if it turns out in the end that this Covid-19 is responsible for very few deaths in actuality . There is no Approximate death count , that is a load of bull there just consistently increasing that death count and the truth is there is no proof to back it up . There just assuming these people are dyeing from Covid-19, and no one is questioning it.

When my step father passsed, I saw the corner mark his cause of death as heart attack right there at my step fathers house as they were carrying his body out. I ask the corner how do you know he died of a heart attack ? He said and I quote " I don't know actually , it's just my best guess . If you would like we can do an autopsy to see exactly what killed him" Of course in my state of grief I said no as the Idea of them cutting my Stap dad up was to much to bare . My point is we don't know what most of the these people are dying of its just an estimate.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Uhm, didnt I just acknowledge that's what my taxes go towards? Pretty sure I did... must really hurt to try to zing goad someone only to realize all you're doing is parroting what was already posted by your target.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Dude....some of them are protesting....with masks on!

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Considering I'm already paying for my own family's and a bunch of strangers' health care, let's work out a deal. I'll give up my hospital trip but the system stops collecting so much as one cent from me to subsidize the hospital trips of everyone else that taps the funds I'm taxed heavily to contribute to. Wanna play dumb games? Let's play dumb games.
Every protester walks away from the hospitals during this alleged and bland pandemic while every scaredy cat happy to cower in their homes while these government actions kill our economy and our Rights separate themselves from the teats of everyone who decides to protest.

Want to take a guess at which side cracks first in that scenario? Ayn Rand had some spot-on theories on which side would suffer the most.

Solid.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
If people deem my service essential, and keep calling me for work, I am going to keep going to work. It beats cowering at home begging the government to give me crumbs back from all the money they have extorted from me over my decades of working any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Considering I'm already paying for my own family's and a bunch of strangers' health care, let's work out a deal. I'll give up my hospital trip but the system stops collecting so much as one cent from me to subsidize the hospital trips of everyone else that taps the funds I'm taxed heavily to contribute to. Wanna play dumb games? Let's play dumb games.
Every protester walks away from the hospitals during this alleged and bland pandemic while every scaredy cat happy to cower in their homes while these government actions kill our economy and our Rights separate themselves from the teats of everyone who decides to protest.

Want to take a guess at which side cracks first in that scenario? Ayn Rand had some spot-on theories on which side would suffer the most.

I texted out John Galt's last line of dialogue to a group fo friends that I have had over two decades: "We are going back to the world".

I truly believe that. The "second-handers" and those who rely on the nonsense of the media have no choice but to get out of the way now. "We are going back to the world".

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
This part of Michigan they are opening up stuff. Found a nice loophole, sell groceries. Got an ice cream shop well add bread and milk!!

Most factories never closed, oil change opened back up. Coffee shop sells bread and milk they buy from the grocery store!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Lots of things going on.

Went to the beach for sunset last night must have been 200 people.

Went to the state park about noon yesterday and I couldn't count all the cars half from Indiana or Illinois.

FIPS.... I've been seeing alot of them lately too. If they thought they weren't liked before just wait until this summer. That should be interesting. I live in a great little Beach town. Tourism has afforded it the opportunity to grow and be great, it's ironic though that the very tourists it's grown up for ruin the town by being tourists.

It's going to destroy the summer economy here though.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm not a denier. I openly question having masks forced on people. if someone is afraid they'll catch it, they can wear one. And if you think you may have it and don't want to spread it to others, then wear one. But also stay home, moron. I work in retail and the stores are full of idiots who wear masks but are still out buying junk because they have to be out somewhere and don't want to be cooped up inside. Masks offer little if any protection. Social distancing is likewise a joke. Its either all or none. Have a TOTAL lockdown for two weeks and shut everything down, EVERYTHING. Or just stop pretending. And if a person wants to go to a park and walk or walk on a beach, what possible harm is that? We elect stupid people we get stupid rules and regulations and laws. There's a time and a place to challenge stupidity.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Husband works with these things for his career and the mask thing just ticks him off to no end.

As you say, it won't keep you from getting sick if you're not. You need a certain type and properly fitted for it to do any good at that, and while it might do some good if you are sick to keep you from spraying infectious droplets everywhere ... STAY AT HOME! if that's the case. You shouldn't be out unless you literally have zero other options.

Most of the people wearing masks do it because they think it's keeping them from being sick and no other reason. Who knows why the people wanting to mandate it are doing it.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The reason people wear masks is NOT FOR THEM but for OTHERS who may catch the virus from them IF they are asymptomatic carriers, surely??

edit on 22-4-2020 by kiro8lak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wearing a mask is to protect others. Anyone can be a Typhoid Mary without knowing it. In South Korea and Japan the people have long been used to people wearing masks. People with common colds wear masks to keep from spreading it. It has been considered part of etiquette to cover up on par with how we view covering your mouth if you have a cough. I think part of why they were both able to contain the spread is because of their willingness to wear masks.

I feel perfectly fine. I haven't been tested because when I called to see about testing I was told not to unless I show symptoms because they have a shortage of test supplies. I still have to go to the grocery store so when I go I wear a mask just in case I may be a carrier.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know all those fat #s who burden the healthcare system with their bad life choices throwing cheeseburgers down their wordhole till their arteries clog?

Let's take their healthcare away too

Oh and smokers, yeah, # those people too

Stupid people, either you're free or not

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Healthcare is a purchased service.

If you pay into it, you get it.

If you don't pay?

There are still programs to get healthcare.

To deny anyone healthcare because you don't like what they think or do is. . . well it's authoritarian.

It's what the Nazi's did.

It's what the communists did.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak

The reason people wear masks is NOT FOR THEM but for OTHERS who may catch the virus from them IF they are asymptomatic carriers, surely??

Then if you mandate that everyone wears masks, you're already admitting the quarantine was all for naught. We're all infected because we're all wearing masks to keep our contagion from spreading.

Why are we staying home again?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

A lot of people on the facebooks seem to be under the false impression that masks will prevent you from getting it, instead of prevent you from coughing all over the place and spreading it.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I dunno , how about we ask Bill ...........

banned.video...

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Ay,ay,ay. . . . the lockdown is not to prevent anyone from getting the virus. It is to flatten the curve so that those who DO get it have available medical care & no hospital is overrun with cases.

Why do we have to tell adults this over & over again?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join