It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Dragons", march 20th at 8 PM ET on animal planet...

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Hello, they see ALL? Yes, this is PETA, we understand you've implanted your pet with a chip. Yes, we understand he was wreaking havoc, and needed to be put under your control, but we're just informing you we're going to press charges. Good day."

Besides, I doubt your compy is built for a dragon.

[edit on 3/21/2005 by Amorymeltzer]




will 2 chips be enough







posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I missed the show. I hope they either release it on DVD or replay it on perhaps the Discovery Channel.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i hope they run it on the history channel or discovery channel. i don't get animal planet here.

can you imagine the havic that dragons would cause in the aircraft industry? and you thought bird strikes were bad.
anyway it sounds like a cool show wish i could have seen it myself.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They'll show it again. They do with these things, quite a lot.

And I'm willing to bet the DVD will come out in a month or so, if not already. Check your local (insert name).



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i saw it it was ok but couldve been better



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The show was pretty good, it was all based upon "What If" of course, but it was neat to watch. My guess is they are planning on a mini series or something along that line. What if, dragons were real- it certainly would be a spectacular animal to see.



posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Several years ago, there was a sci-fi mag ( Omni, I think) that printed a fairly serious article on the question of the plausibility of a dragon's existence at some time in the past. They made a fairly good case......methane could be produced from their food intake....stored for fuel for the fire breathing ( ignited by sparks produced by teeth or bill or some form of electricity production like an eel does?), and for assisting lift during flight. Seems like the beetle mentioned in the program was also mentioned in the article.

Makes one read those fairy tales with a new eye!



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think it was a very well done show. I really liked the battle with the T-rex in the begining
They even made it so neither fan boys would be mad at the loss of their favorite creature as both died as a result of thier fight.


I think the anatomy of the dragons was very well done the only problem I had was like Gazrok mentioned before with the use of platinium in dragon breath. I much prefer the idea ala ''Flight of the dragons'' with a special organ in the roof of his mouth that produced a small electrical current to ignite the flame.

The flight bladders to store the hydrogen and the way in which the hydrogen was created were both excellent IMO. I really like the concept of unlike other animals it put is gas produced in its body to use instead of just wasting it like other animals. The body designs were also very well done I like the look of a powerful bulky chest on the mountian dragons that mirrored modern Raptors. It just looked right like it could have been a living creature.



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the anatomy of the dragons was very well done the only problem I had was like Gazrok mentioned before with the use of platinium in dragon breath. I much prefer the idea ala ''Flight of the dragons'' with a special organ in the roof of his mouth that produced a small electrical current to ignite the flame.


I dunno, I wasn't a huge fan of platinum, but an electrical current ranks only slightly better in my mind. Personally, the idea of having two chemicals combining, like the beatle, is much more feasible. The problem is it is then it becomes a lot harder to control and deal with when in your mouth.



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just favor the electric current as their are animals like the electric eel that can produce currents much stronger then those need to create a spark. This would also be much easier to control I would believe.

Mixing two chemicals is a interesting concept which also have animals mainly in the insect world that do just that. Is there any gas that when combined with hydrogen ignites? Or is platnium the only chemical that has such a reaction. Im not sure but I think something with silver in it can have a violent reaction when mixed with hydrogen.

[edit on 28-3-2005 by ShadowXIX]



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, the eel is obviously my first though, and it makes sense, kind of. Dragons and electric eels could easily be related, distantly. It's just one helluva adaptation, and as far as I know only shows up there, not elsewhere. I doubt the eel was electrified with the first dragons.

Another thing I didn't mention was the fact that they moved from land to water to land. I mean, obviously it's the only way to link them from the time of the dinosaurs to the time of the mammals, but it's pretty far fetched.


I can't think of any hugely explosive reactions with hydrogen, besides igniting it (with oxygen). I'm in AP Chemistry, for what that's worth.



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer


Another thing I didn't mention was the fact that they moved from land to water to land. I mean, obviously it's the only way to link them from the time of the dinosaurs to the time of the mammals, but it's pretty far fetched.



They came from water as all life to land back to water and finally back to land I believe. I didnt have too much of a problem with that as dolphins pretty much did the same thing. Came from water to land then back to water.



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They came from water as all life to land back to water and finally back to land I believe. I didnt have too much of a problem with that as dolphins pretty much did the same thing. Came from water to land then back to water.


Most of life was either in the ocean's when the the dinosaurs bit the big one, or were nice lil' mammals that escaped the danger. Or cockroaches. Dolphins broke off the evolutionary branch 50 million years ago, sufficiently after the hit to have gone from land to water as it seems they did.

linky



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I thought it was a very interesting and informative show. Though, it did have some drawbacks.
The main drawback I could see was that I thought it had an obscenely large amount of commercials. It would be about 9 minutes of programming and 4 minutes of commercials (or so it seemed). How frustrating.
On a brighter note, I really liked how they "found" the dragon in the Carpathian Mountains, that was very unique and fun.
As a previous poster said, I too wish dragons were alive today, it would indeed make for a much more spiced up life.
I wonder if they actually ever did live, the various murals and information collected from across the world by various older civilizations is, to say the least, remarkable. But, to be honest with myself, I wonder why there have been no discoveries of any bodies.
Oh well, if there are any out there, they are bound to turn up....now or later.

P.S. This is my first post, I really like this community. Good day.



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arizona
I thought it was a very interesting and informative show. Though, it did have some drawbacks.
The main drawback I could see was that I thought it had an obscenely large amount of commercials. It would be about 9 minutes of programming and 4 minutes of commercials (or so it seemed). How frustrating.


Eh. Takes an obscene amount of work to produce something like that. Three years, they said. Gotta pay for it.


P.S. This is my first post, I really like this community. Good day.


Well, congratulations and welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay! Feel free to u2u me with any questions, comments, peeves, or jokes you may have!





posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
While I am a creationist, I'ma put that aside for a moment.

Fact: A whole bunch of cultures have legends about dragons.
Fact: Details vary, but they're always large reptiles that usually fly.
Fact: The closest real animals to these legends that we know of are the dinosaurs (and pterosaurs).

Practitioners of the conventional theory say that all the dinosaurs and pterosaurs died out 65 million years ago, but they also said that about the coelacanth, and that turned out to be wrong on that one. All current evidence says that dinosaurs are extinct now, but could it be possible that some populations survived into at least the earlier parts of recorded human history?



posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX
While I am a creationist, I'ma put that aside for a moment.

Fact: A whole bunch of cultures have legends about dragons.
Fact: Details vary, but they're always large reptiles that usually fly.
Fact: The closest real animals to these legends that we know of are the dinosaurs (and pterosaurs).

Practitioners of the conventional theory say that all the dinosaurs and pterosaurs died out 65 million years ago, but they also said that about the coelacanth, and that turned out to be wrong on that one. All current evidence says that dinosaurs are extinct now, but could it be possible that some populations survived into at least the earlier parts of recorded human history?


yes...

did you watch the show???

it was answered there...





posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I didn't actually watch it. Just an idle thought that I'm sure plenty of other people have considered.



posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX
I didn't actually watch it. Just an idle thought that I'm sure plenty of other people have considered.


as did i...

the show was great and i hope you see it...





posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX
Fact: A whole bunch of cultures have legends about dragons.
Fact: Details vary, but they're always large reptiles that usually fly.
Fact: The closest real animals to these legends that we know of are the dinosaurs (and pterosaurs).

They're large and they're reptiles, but so are pythons and crocodiles, which actually exist in modern times.


All current evidence says that dinosaurs are extinct now, but could it be possible that some populations survived into at least the earlier parts of recorded human history?

Extremely doubtful. I can see how a deep sea fish can survive for so long and avoid sightings, but dinosaurs? Not to mention that the idea here is that they're in large numbers and are in the same places that people are. The ceolocanth avoided being spotted for the whole time. The dragons are dinosaurs idea has people constantly running into them. I'd expect that 65 million years of existence in in places where humans end up frequenting would result in at least some remains.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join