It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dragons", march 20th at 8 PM ET on animal planet...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
animal.discovery.com...

animal.discovery.com...

this is just a heads up that a cool dragon show will be animal planet on march 20th at 8 PM ET...

i saw an ad about it and it said that cultures from the past, that couldn't talk to eachother, all had the same drawings: the dragon...

so, could these dragons have onced lived???

i think they did...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"dragons" is about to be finished airing now (at 9:37 PM ET)...

it ends at 10:00 ET and it is re-airing at 10:00 PM ET and then at 12:00 PM ET...

i hope a lot of people watch it as it was VERY cool and informative...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember hearing that all cultures have some sort of dragons. I am interesting in dragons; I guess a leftover from childhood. I also remember reading that all cultures, or most of them, have some sort of vampire as well. Odd, seeing that I am interesting in both creatures. But yeah, I am watching the dragon show on the Animal Planet right now, I didn’t get to watch the first showing, but I’m watching the second. It’s pretty good so far, and the Patrick Steward narration is always an added bonus.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
"dragons" is about to be finished airing now (at 9:37 PM ET)...

it ends at 10:00 ET and it is re-airing at 10:00 PM ET and then at 12:00 PM ET...

i hope a lot of people watch it as it was VERY cool and informative...

dang i missed the first one ill watch it when it re runs it

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
it will probably be on once everyday

this show WAS great...

Dru

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It was a great show. Though I gotta ask was I the only gullible dummy who was actually buying that they REALLY found the dragon body for most of the show?? *sigh* Would have been cool if it was real.

But the show was just amazing. If I didn't believe in them before this show would have made me a believer!

I've always loved dragons and seeing how they did/could have evolved was really amazing. Plus the dragons were just beautiful!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dru
It was a great show. Though I gotta ask was I the only gullible dummy who was actually buying that they REALLY found the dragon body for most of the show?? *sigh* Would have been cool if it was real.

But the show was just amazing. If I didn't believe in them before this show would have made me a believer!

I've always loved dragons and seeing how they did/could have evolved was really amazing. Plus the dragons were just beautiful!

yupp...

the biggest evidence for dragons is that a huge number of cultures ALL painted / wrote about them...

these cultures couldn't talk to eachother, yet they all drew the same thing...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Gotta give em credit. from the opening shots to the "making of" after, It was one of if not the best "What If " Shows I have seen.
I give it a 5 out of 5

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very well done... I wouldn't have gone the platinum route, but still, the hydrogen flight bladder idea....also used for fire, very cool, and an excellent citing of the bombadier beetle to make the point and the case for it.

As some mentioned, there's a lot of evidence that many cultures remember such a beast, and it does seem to be a bit too implausible that each simply made it up independently...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Very well done... I wouldn't have gone the platinum route, but still, the hydrogen flight bladder idea....also used for fire, very cool, and an excellent citing of the bombadier beetle to make the point and the case for it.

As some mentioned, there's a lot of evidence that many cultures remember such a beast, and it does seem to be a bit too implausible that each simply made it up independently...

yes...

that beetle was cool...

i hate to say it but we have more "proof" that dragons existed than Jesus and His miracles...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hmmmm. I posted this a while back and it got moved to BTS......I did watch it and I was rather disappointed in it personally...it was ok, I guess.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I rather liked the program, very well done. I think they cut the dragons a little short, not giving them QUITE the ascendancy they deserved, but, whatever, I'm a fan. The way they went through, creating an entire history for dragons, supported by modern evidence, was very well done. It was a little hokey, but hey, they're dragons. It was still amusing to watch them 'wonder' what the back palate could have been for.

Aa few years back, I read a fantastic book about neural plasticity. Doesn't sound like the best read, but it was amazing.

One of the basic premises covered was the evolution of the human brain. We have the reptilian brain, which has (go figure) evolved from reptiles. It is largely taken over the monotonous functions, like breathing and whatnot. We also have the primate brain, for the higher cognitive functions, and then the human brain for the Way Above Cognitive functions.

Unlike reptiles, who use their brain for all their functions, we use the reptilian part for just basics, and that was why we dream. The reptilian part goes off and has fun during the night. But I digress...

The book mentioned dragons. As primates, ancient ancestors of mankind were pretty dominant. There just three basic animals to be absolutely terrified of. Birds of prey, large cats, and snakes. Take those three with an unfathomable fear of death for millenia, mix in an especially active subconscious, and add fire, and you've got yourself a crude dragon!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
great post...

i liked when the dragons "danced" when the two got "married"

you know...

when they held hands and flew downward...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Heh, I intend to download that scene at the very least. It was very cool. I also knew once they showed it that the last half hour was gonna be that thing a few more times.

I really wish dragons existed right now. Life would be much more awesome. And that is what life/the world needs. More awesome (besides me, of course
).

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Heh, I intend to download that scene at the very least. It was very cool. I also knew once they showed it that the last half hour was gonna be that thing a few more times.

I really wish dragons existed right now. Life would be much more awesome. And that is what life/the world needs. More awesome (besides me, of course
).

awesome but more dangerous, no???

fire-breathing creatures flying around???

can you imagine the damage that could be caused by this???

unless, we could tame them...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm willing to trade awesome for some danger. We wouldn't just supplant current society, we'd have grown up with them, like other animals. We'd have developed ways to deal with them, or else have died out ages ago. I think it would be an improvement of life to have to duck out of the way of a stream of fire every week or so.

Anyway, you mentioned taming. You and I are on the same page, I think...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I'm willing to trade awesome for some danger. We wouldn't just supplant current society, we'd have grown up with them, like other animals. We'd have developed ways to deal with them, or else have died out ages ago. I think it would be an improvement of life to have to duck out of the way of a stream of fire every week or so.

Anyway, you mentioned taming. You and I are on the same page, I think...

living with dragons would be great...

"burn him (not you) sparks (my dragon's name)"...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
living with dragons would be great...

"burn him (not you) sparks (my dragon's name)"...

You own a dog? A cat? Any animal? You ever tried getting one of them to listen to you, other than sit? It's hard. And they're smaller, dumber, and less powerful than you. Imagine a dragon.

"Sit!"

"Ouch."

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

i should try my computer chip...

i will put it into the dragons brain...

THEN it will obey

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hello, they see ALL? Yes, this is PETA, we understand you've implanted your pet with a chip. Yes, we understand he was wreaking havoc, and needed to be put under your control, but we're just informing you we're going to press charges. Good day."

Besides, I doubt your compy is built for a dragon.

[edit on 3/21/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

<<   2  3 >>

join