It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: SpaceX Will Carry Its First Humans to The Space Station Next Month

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The official who made this decision should be fired for recklessness.

Then the decision should be immediately overturned.

Dangerous profiteering corporations, particularly ones run by confidence tricksters, have no business in space. Which should be an international effort for the benefit of all Mankind.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They have been in quarentine, and quarentine measures have been taken for those in contact with the astronauts. I am sure they will be tested many times before they are strapped into the Dragon capsule.

It is necessary for the US Space Program to have a way to launch crew from US soil.

The Russians just launched people up last week to the ISS. Where was your outrage on that launch?
edit on 19-4-2020 by jrod because: D

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: PatchQuartermain

Are you talking about Starship? If so, those weren't test launches, they were pressure tests. And that's a different program than Falcon.

Hi @Zaphod58,

Am I right to assume that sending the astronauts to the ISS is the first flight of the Starship program?
There should be some testing with flights at all..?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PatchQuartermain

No. This is their manned Dragon. It's basically the same capsule they've been using on the Falcon 9 to fly supplies to the ISS, modified for people.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

This is my main concern as well. This is an inherently dangerous thing, going to space. Eventually there's gonna be failures and deaths. I hope, when it happens, we don't freeze any longer than necessary to find the problem and address it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join