It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very big flaming object in British sky's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What, no pictures of Nathan Lane?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There was a plane going over at the same time. Twenty minutes would be right for a plane passing.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Guess that would make it a plane then , rare things in the UK these days so the confusion is understandable.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is a Video out there from the 1970s of a Bugger meteor that scimmed earths atmosphere taken by a man at his sons softball game wish i could find it .
One the video was long enough the meteor that scimmed was likc a pebble you scim across a pond it scimmed in then bounced out .

It looked Nothing like that matter of fact seen many many over my life none looked like that . what it does look like is a spreading contrail . On some occasions a contrail will not just stay a thin line and can spread out wile the winds push it in odd directions making it look like it could be a rocket trail .

Few weeks back we had a PLANE go over leaving a HUGE contrail the weather was just right I watched for ten MINTS before i could know for a fact it was a plane But being In Arizona And thinking what teh heck a Rocket ?? naa then waiting 10 mints untill THE plane got through the area that had such good conditions to create the trail Then SEEING Finly The plane Its self .

Anyway Only 3 possible choices Plane meteor or rocket most likly a Plane . .
4th choice aliens ship engine is burning oil because of a cracked block and need a good earth mechanic

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Perhaps it could be that, ive seen what your explaining before, numerous time considering i live along the west coast, but it just doesn't agree with me that that is the probable cause. Only because the shadow reaches out a lot further in front of the plane that is seen in mid flight, at center of the image. When i took the photo i was facing North, the plane was flying North-West, and the Sun at the time was to my South-West. This black line stretched horizon(South) to horizon(North) and more towards the south, the said shadow wasn't directly along side the contrail like it is shown in the image. The video is where it shows a lot more, so im gonna figure out how to get that on here.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

It's no different than when you cast a shadow. When the sun is behind you, your shadow grows pretty long. The sun is above and "behind" the contrail, causing its shadow to be projected forward. And you're talking about a contrail that's miles long, so it's shadow is going to be as long.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
I witnessed this myself..I live in north wales and it was heading towards the setting sun..was very impressive and colourful...and was a cargo plane on its way to Canada I think...looked at ADSB and there it was..cannot remember what the airline was but it was a 777 at 33,000 feet....! a reply to: charlyv

You are quite correct. Thank you for posting your sighting.

You can see the flight on flight tracking software playback for Wednesday 15th April 2020.

Boeing 777 Qatar Cargo registration A7-BFL. It was flying from Amsterdam to Chicago and flying over Cambridgeshire at 34,000 feet.

Filming location indicated by yellow arrow. Boeing 777 just west of Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire on map

Right click on images and open in a new window for larger size

Extended track as the aircraft transited westwards.

From the Sun newspaper article in the OP post.

Gerry Underwood, 55, spotted the mysterious flaming object at around 8pm on Wednesday from outside his canal boat in Stretham, Cambs.

Gerry said he was looking towards Huntingdon as he watched it descend, but stressed the object might have landed "well beyond that."

Date of sighting from the text would be Wednesday 15th
Time Approximately 8pm (2000 local) British Summer Time which is 7pm (1900 UTC/GMT). The flight tracking software is using UTC/GMT which is one hour behind UK local.

Flight extended to shows track as it passes over Wales, United Kingdom.

Sunlit contrails do fool a lot of people. Of course the trail isn't going down. That is just an illusion as the aircraft is flying away from the person filming. If the aircraft had passed directly over him from the east the contrail would have appeared to be going up.

Depending on the conditions contrails can be extremely thick. In addition to upper winds there is also aerodynamics to take in with the wingtip vortex rolling and twisting the engine contrails. See this Boeing 787 Dreamliner footage taken from another aircraft. Note the density of the sunlit contrail and the twisting/rolling.

edit on 20/4/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The Qatar Cargo Boeing 777 flight should still be visible for a few days more before overwrite on the Flightradar24 free limited playback.

It is set up to show the aircraft passing Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Huntington is the direction that the photographer was looking from just south of Ely, Cambridgeshire.

Flightradar24 Qatar Cargo Boeing 777 playback 15th April 2020
edit on 20/4/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I live on the outskirts of Wrexham and it was to the south of me when I saw it...should really of taken a picture of it as it was spectacular and very orange...thank you for posting the tracking info...just confirms to other people that not everything you see in the sky which is out of the ordinary is not little green ...or grey...men!! a reply to: tommyjo

edit on 24-4-2020 by Silentvulcan because: Typo

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Somekindofwizard

Contrail as the sun was setting causing it to appear orange.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
I live on the outskirts of Wrexham and it was to the south of me when I saw it...should really of taken a picture of it as it was spectacular and very orange...thank you for posting the tracking info...just confirms to other people that not everything you see in the sky which is out of the ordinary is not little green ...or grey...men!! a reply to: tommyjo

No problem. Thanks for the reply and the confirmation of your location.

Sunlit contrails do cause a lot of confusion. One caused the great LA missile flap of 2010.

An ATS member filmed this aircraft contrail in Florida. Aircraft contrails can be over a hundred miles long on occasion and if you add in perspective it is no wonder that he thought that it was a missile launch.

From the Keysnews article at the time. The original link is long since dead.

It's a rocket, it's a missile, no, it's a ...
BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff
[email protected]
On New Year's Eve, some Florida Keys residents were awed by an unusual sight in the south to southwest skies off Key West.

Recreational boaters, commercial fishermen and others snapped photographs they sent to the Navy, asking what the fast-moving object was that left a thick plume in its long wake, which glowed orange in the setting sun.

Some speculated, and worried, that it was a rocket or missile, or military test.

"To me, at first, it really looked like a missile," said commercial fisherman Lee Starling.

After seeing video of the object on YouTube, Navy officials this week said the sighting was a less nefarious seasonal phenomenon.

"Not until we saw the YouTube video could we really see that it's an airplane," Naval Air Station Key West spokesman Jim Brooks said. "But we get calls all the time over the holidays."

To accommodate the increased air traffic during the holidays, the U.S. government allows international commercial airliners to fly in areas that typically are restricted airspace, Brooks said. The uncommon sight is coupled with the curvature of the Earth, which makes the planes appear to be flying vertically, he said.

"We looked at it and it's a contrail," Brooks said of the visible trail of condensed water vapor made by the exhaust of the aircraft engine. "Not only that, but looking at the direction, it's probably coming from the Yucatan Peninsula. ... Because that's normally restricted airspace, we don't see it all the time. But we see them enough to know that it's not a strange or new phenomenon."

Liberty Clipper Capt. Ron Opiela said he's seen it before. And he and Starling said they saw two more planes in the same general airspace a few days later.

"There's nothing supernatural or covert," Opiela said. "The planes flying from the west use Key West as a way point. It wasn't a missile, but it's always pretty cool to see."

edit on 27/4/2020 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

I always enjoy getting into arguments with people that insist they have to be missiles because "they're going straight up" or down as they're heading towards or away from them. We had a five or six page thread arguing perspective one year.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They're coming...

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My first thought is Cosmic Rays. Comic Rays hit the earth and create clouds. With deep solar minimum, the magentic field has weakening, which allow cosmic rays penetrate into our solar system.

posted on Apr, 28 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: tommyjo

I always enjoy getting into arguments with people that insist they have to be missiles because "they're going straight up" or down as they're heading towards or away from them. We had a five or six page thread arguing perspective one year.

It is a mindset. Some people in the conspiracy world simply can't understand it.

I find this video is a good example of someone that figured it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join