It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Wu of Han

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Emperor Wu of Han

Since the word, Wuhan is pretty much in the air everywhere I thought I would start a thread about the namesake of the place. Emporer Wu of the Han dynasty. Wu was an Emperor for more than half a century. He was known for his entry into commerce with Europe. He made Confucianism the state philosophy. Wu's policies resemble in many ways modern Libertarian on the political chart but of course, it was in a feudal system so not truly applicable but much closer than the Gao empire. Wu also empowered a young constituency to supplant the older more conservative court to enable his reforms so in this way, he is kind of a module for modern progressives I think.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

That's quite profound.

Thanks for posting. 🌟

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Emperor Wu of Han

Since the word, Wuhan is pretty much in the air everywhere I thought I would start a thread about the namesake of the place. Emporer Wu of the Han dynasty. Wu was an Emperor for more than half a century. He was known for his entry into commerce with Europe. He made Confucianism the state philosophy. Wu's policies resemble in many ways modern Libertarian on the political chart but of course, it was in a feudal system so not truly applicable but much closer than the Gao empire. Wu also empowered a young constituency to supplant the older more conservative court to enable his reforms so in this way, he is kind of a module for modern progressives I think.

Good Lord, a city named for a famed and nearly mythological previous leader!

Unpossible!

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Emperor Wu had much responsibility for the establishment of the Silk Road by sending his troops to drive out the Huns. Trade with Eurasia cemented the power of the Han dynasty in the West and helped to establish the Silk Road. www.travelchinaguide.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Ill never be able to eat Chinese food again.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

But Mo Go Gia Pan is one of the tastiest foods ever.

edit on 4/27/2020 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
For those who have never taken the time to see Wuhan I will post a short video. The city is very modern and some westerners in much older days used refer to it as the Chicago of China; that being before Chicago became famous for other things.
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

join