It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Potato

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You can power a clock with a potato.

Professor Proton showed us how to do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Potatoes, rice, flour and yeast can carry you farther than any processed foods ever could.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
For years we have had a minimum of ten pounds of potatoes in our basement in rotation. Most times it is about twenty to fifty pounds of spuds, fifty in the winter because less chance of sprouting then. We have had as much as two bushels in the fall, it lasts through new years. We usually have christmas and thanksgiving here. I like getting them with sand on them from the farmer, they do not sprout that way and it is natural. Washing the sand off can make them more sprouty, even with the antisprouting chemicals on them.

I grow potatoes too, but only about fifty pounds of them, we pick new potatoes off all fall when potatoes are expensive so only get between thirty and fifty pounds to store..

My favorite is thinly sliced potatoes with onions fried in bacon grease then add some butter to the pan when almost done. a little Lawry's garlic salt, salt and pepper is all you need. You can throw some leftover roast or chicken into the pan before serving to heat them up and slightly brown them too. A bucks worth of potatoes and onions can feed five people if you get five pounds of potatoes for around a buck here on sales. Bacon grease to me is a byproduct of making bacon, I do not figure a value to that, we wind up throwing some away from not using it that often. I got to get a good recipe for frying chicken southern style fried chicken, the last recipe we had was not good. It absorbed way too much bacon grease, too thick of a coating.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Don't forget to plant your eyes upwards.... For more tatoes.
growing potatoes

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

edit on 17-4-2020 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

HAIL TO THE POTATO

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
i simply love threads like these :

" all you need is a bag of potatoes "

but imediatly the caveat , and ...................................

then by page 3 we has :

all you need is a bag of potatoes and a fully stocked pantry

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm new and have no idea how to use this forum properly... but I'm willing and able to learn.
Please guide me if and when I do something silly

On-topic... I love potatoes. Been a staple for me for many years. Love it in all its forms :

Baked ( with butter and pepper, sometimes with cheese when I feel adventurous )
Fried in halves ( pre-boiled & fried in olive oil/sunflowerseed oil )
Fried ( french style... pre-boiled sticks )
Mashed ( with butter, garlic, pepper & chives )
In soup ( with lots of onion, leek & parsnip )
Thinly sliced ( fried in oil with spice of choice... chips basically )

All the above are not necessarily "low" eating, but they are what I normally like.

If push comes to shove, I like a potato simply chucked on the embers of a fire, slowly cooking.
Or if electricity is available, in the oven for about 40 minutes on low heat. Love sweet potatoes the same way.

edit on 18-4-2020 by Kreeate because: added another method

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In an alternate universe, Forest becomes the owner of Bubba Spud Potato Company , he starts off with an old junker spud planter, weather wipes out his competition, Lt Dan shows up and helps him plant spud fields and they get a bumper crop.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

Yes, however anyone who would launch a flaming coconut as a defensive weapon is an artiste.

would the coconut be African, or European?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: argentus

Yes, however anyone who would launch a flaming coconut as a defensive weapon is an artiste.

would the coconut be African, or European?

I almost misunderstood that... not all coconuts are African, but some Africans are "coconuts".

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

Monty Python reference. mostly for the geezers, mostly.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

But if you bury them when its warm out, the eventually return; their sightless eyes regard you, unblinking.

That's the only way to stop them after they come back from being buried--gouge out the eyes.

Goops. I thought this was the halloween thread.

nvm.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

<< 1  2   >>

join