It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think we should attempt contact with aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes. Why not?

We have nothing to lose.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Alfa015015

Well, perhaps.

I believe the 'others' exist. We don't know if they are separated from us by distance, temporality, dimensions, or if they are separated from us at all. They could have evolved within the interior of our planet, or on a neighboring planet, or in the depths of the oceans.

All those conditions could be true. I think most of them are. YES! We should try to contact them. There have been credible sources, ATS members that have brought strong evidence to us that "they" are here now, and have been for some time. People like Sgt. Clifford Stone, and others.

I think we should employ any means to contact them, keeping in mind that not every contact is necessarily one that is beneficial for our species. In context of Earth history, when two different cultures meet, the one with the lesser technology looses and big time. Still, for humans to evolve in a positive manner, perhaps what we really need is a decent predator.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us"
Bill Watterson.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No.
Hell no.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To answer your thread's question,absolutely no! You would be in
for a very rude surprise if you did.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us"
Bill Watterson.

Why contact us? We Are Them (already here) trying to correct a genetic problem.
edit on 17-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Should you prod a stick into a sleeping bear's den?

Joking aside, no. Don't annoy the poor aliens. They have their own conundrums to settle.

Annoy them enough and they'll phone for galactic pest control.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 17-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Do you recall one of those very very early SNLs. The news update did a thing about the aliens replying to that gold disc on Voyager with all the art and music? It reported that the aliens did reply and requested ''Send more Chuck Berry''

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alfa015015
I would like to know your opinion about this. 

Do you think we should try to contact aliens?

No.

We are a deranged civilization, living in a thoroughly polluted planet. The aliens are better off without us.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Maybe? What if they already came here way back in history, say 1500’s, and all we did was throw potatoes at them and screamed in fear with pitch forks. I doubt they’d want to come back now, fearing our weaponry may have advanced.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
500 years ago nobody had contact with a continent seperated by a few thousand miles of water.

A civilization just 1000 years more advanced than us would be out of our league.

What if the other planet skipped the whole dinosaur era and an intelligent species developed relatively early?

It's also possible that a single entity took over their planet early and never lost control. Imagine if Rome conquered the entire globe 1000 years ago and a focus on technology improved civilization even more rapidly.

Contact is a pretty dangerous proposition to the world. It's comparable to us creating biological weapons. The risk/reward is too small.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

D M T and communication with the Machine Elves / Clockwork Elves are a real thing according to some.

edit on 18-4-2020 by Case74282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm firmly in the camp that believes we have already. Well the government has.

As for the rest of the general population? Absolutely.

I'd love to meet one face to face.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think behind closed doors, we've been trying for many years to do this. Has there been success? I think there has, but on a very limited scale.
If 'they' are there, we are just a curiousity to them. A time when man was angry and greed was the motivator. I've always seen 'them' as coming down to us as some kind of museum of the past.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

A dark time in our collective history. Those poor people. You'd think the Seaview and flying sub could have saved those poor souls or at least the staff at the Time Tunnel could have warned them ahead of time. All politics if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If some aliens view humans as being primitive or deranged etc.. Then what is the oppisite to this on there planets?

I'm new to these threads and would like to hear some theorys on how an advanced alien civilisation operates.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I used to think yes but now agree with others that it is a dangerous thing to do , we are not prepared nor can we protect ourselves if we should attract the attention of a malevolent species out there , we would be lambs to the slaughter.

Facts are we've already made attempts and our other radio transmissions over the decades show our position well so regardless of if we should or shouldn't we already have.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
thing is tho, if ET is really that aggressive and hostile, chances are they'll hunt us down and eat us all anyway.
May as well take the chance on meeting someone friendly?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

you would have thought one of those could have helped the mate a mighty sailing man, the brave and sure skipper, and their five passengers.

back on topic, maybe they'll see the historical documents of David Vincent and know that there are some who will fight The Invaders.

also lets hope that they see the dangers Will Robinson and his family faced when they got Lost In Space and decided it's not worth coming for a visit.

but if they do decided to come, maybe on the way they'll see the historical documents of Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century, or the ones where Buggs Bunny made Marvin the Martian so very angry and wonder if we have figured out how to train our wildlife to fight aliens, and turn around and go home.

edit on 18-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join