It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yum-Yum [DE2020] Writer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Amanda had just spent a grueling 12-hour shift on the ICU floor and looked forward to nothing but a good night’s sleep. After coming home, she quickly ate some cold leftovers in her fridge and tossing aside her nursing scrubs, slipped on an old t-shirt and pajama pants and got ready for bed.

Baxter, her Welsh terrier, had just finished his business for the evening and slipped back into the ground floor brownstone, courtesy of the doggy-door built into the back that provided him his own space and yard when Amanda was at work.

Amanda was just drifting off to sleep, bathed in the glow of streetlights outside her apartment when she felt the tiny tongue of Baxter licking at the sole of her foot.

“Quit it, bud”, she murmured as she twisted a bit in bed and started drifting off. The licking stopped for a moment. Then resumed.

Turning over to her left side she said, “Stop it” and gave a small kick out with her foot, keeping her eyes closed and wishing for sleep.

The licking stopped for a bit and Amanda slowly drifted off. Then the licking started again.

Still with her eyes closed, Amanda (louder) said, “Stop it!”

Then she heard a whine.

Amanda opened her eyes and saw Baxter backed up to the headboard of her mid-century queen-sized bed. Through the prism of light from the street beyond, she saw her small dog curl up and whimper on the pillow next to her head. Her brow furrowed in confusion because she still felt the tiny tongue lapping at the sole of her foot sticking out from the duvet that still covered most of her.

Amanda looked down to the foot of her bed and saw a large, greenish-grey creature, all muscle, horns, sinew, scales and teeth, gently licking the sole of her foot. The sight was so alien, so utterly shocking that all she could do was stare. The creature did pause, noticed that it was being observed and looked up, pausing at its licking. It uttered, a high-pitched, “yum-yum-yum-yum-yum” and returned to licking.

Amanda, her eyes huge and dilated in shock, looked back at Baxter as the side of her head became wet with the warm urine from her dog. Baxter began to howl, but as his mouth opened, nothing but a strangled whine escaped his throat. His mouth kept opening though. It kept opening wider and wider, Amanda saw, distantly, the skin along his jawline stretch then split and more insane sounds of torment escaped his small throat. Baxter’s jaw was now vertical, hanging loose, as blood and saliva mixed with the urine spreading across the top of the bed.

Baxter gave a violent shudder, then died.

“Yum-yum-yum-yum-yum”, sounded from the foot of her bed as Amanda reeled from the sight of her little dog. She tried kicking out but was now pinned to the bed by a large, scaled six-fingered hand. The licking had stopped, mercifully, but Amanda could only pant and whine herself as the creature, still pinning her down, rose to its full height. It looked down upon her and opened its mouth. Rows and rows of teeth layered back like the jaws of a shark glistened in the filtered light.

It started at her feet. Then her legs. By the time it reached her thighs, Amanda was insane, but insanity didn’t stop the pain, didn’t bring the release of oblivion. It started in on her abdomen, she could feel its small tongue licking at the pericardium of her heart. It was only when it reached her throat that she escaped the nightmare and died.

Still, the feeding continued. The high-pitched sounds of, “Yum-yum-yum-yum” alternating with a mastication of chewing raw flesh.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

OK.. that was a delightfully horrible word picture.

I have two small dogs that sleep with us.

Sometimes they lick.

I'm going to hate you tonight and my wife is NOT going to read your entry because I have to live with her.

S&F and I hate you.

Did I mention I hate you now?

And ETA....

Well done.

Hate you.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you!

It's what I was going for.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Thank you!

It's what I was going for.

I loved it actually...

It was straight up old school scary as F##k.

Still...

Hate you though today because I have to sleep tonight.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I once had a dream that I awoke in my bed as per usual and walked to the kitchen as I heard a kind of chewing noise. I thought it was a rat or mouse eating something.

I peeked around the corner and saw a little green creature kind of like a cross between Dobby from Harry Potter, a grey alien, and an all green skinned being. About 2 feet tall.

It was eating my crackers and when it noticed me it jumped in fright and said 'YUB YUB!'

So I called it yub yub

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I did delete the portion where her jaw split like her dogs jaw as she was being eaten.

I thought that might be a bit too much.
edit on 17-4-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I once had a dream that I awoke in my bed as per usual and walked to the kitchen as I heard a kind of chewing noise. I thought it was a rat or mouse eating something.

I peeked around the corner and saw a little green creature kind of like a cross between Dobby from Harry Potter, a grey alien, and an all green skinned being. About 2 feet tall.

It was eating my crackers and when it noticed me it jumped in fright and said 'YUB YUB!'

So I called it yub yub

I wrote it to be dark, am glad it brought back something you could relate it to.

Thanks for reading it.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This guy was kind of cute- but yes I liked it .

My nightmares are darker than that story and sometimes I wake my wife up screaming lol but I liked it.

Maybe I will give this one a go.

I kind of stopped my story I started here in October...
The Fall. hmmm

Imagery and description/mood is my strong suit but as we all know, plot is very difficult.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I haven't read your story yet,I'm afraid to read it!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I haven't read your story yet,I'm afraid to read it!

Mama?

I will understand if you don't.

It's rather rough and dark, there are no happy endings and no funny bits.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Give it a go!

I'll always encourage people to write!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Is it bad that it made me laugh?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Is it bad that it made me laugh?

Very.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I was going to try one about 'Kevin the Demon'...but I'm too intimidated now.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I was going to try one about 'Kevin the Demon'...but I'm too intimidated now.

LMAO!

hahahahahahahahaha

Please do!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When I was a kid I dreamed a T-Rex had me in his jaws and was clamping down so I could not breath. I woke up terrified only to realize I had thrown the cover over my head (winter time thick cover) and had exhausted all the oxygen under the small space where my head was... I was very happy T-Rex was not eating me.. I was hoping our hard working nurse would wake up from a bad dream.....BUT NO !!... You had to go and kill off the most beautiful nurse in the world ! Great story in a perverted sort of way....Salute M.F. (my friend) hahhaa

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank you and I realize now I'm inducing nightmares.

Giggidy!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Why do you go and make me hungry ? Not nice DBC, not nice.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Apologies, room service is still available

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow

Apologies, room service is still available

I had an enjoyable read of your story; just don't make me hungry anymore.

edit on 18-4-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join