It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaths in New York City Are More Than Double the Usual Total

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
With the popular scam of coding Covid19 as the cause of death regardless of the patient's health or the severity of the disease, this is the only reliable information to determine its true lethality. These are just raw death numbers of people who died in NYC--doesn't matter if they had cancer, got shot in the street, or actually had Covid19.

This data throws cold water on the idea that the Covid19 death rate is completely due to inaccurate tests and falsely coded causes of death. Prove me wrong.

Over the 31 days ending April 4, more than twice the typical number of New Yorkers died.

That total for the city includes deaths directly linked to the novel coronavirus as well as those from other causes, like heart attacks and cancer. Even this is only a partial count; we expect this number to rise as more deaths are counted.

www.nytimes.com...

This article is a week old, so the numbers are much higher now, but I couldn't find an updated article.
edit on 17-4-2020 by ruckus49 because: formatting

The next question we have to ask is: how many people died because of the lockdown itself? How often did the stress from the media hysteria trigger heart attacks in people? How many people avoided emergency rooms because they didn't want to get exposed to Covid19 at a hospital? How many people needed an ambulance and couldn't get one? I'm sure quite a lot. But still, I don't think that's enough to account for the HUGE disparity of deaths year over year.

edit on 17-4-2020 by ruckus49 because: formatting

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Already a thread on this.....on the front page in fact
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: ruckus49

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Suicide hotlines in New York and a few other places have been lighting up for over 3 weeks now. A Washington Post reporter killed himself last Friday.

The mayor of New York City and the governor of New York State have a lot of blood on their hands because they told people to ignore the covid-19 warnings coming out of Health and Human Services, 2 months ago.

Now New York is taking those who have already died from any number of causes and reclassifying them as covid-19 death. I bet the relatives have no clue that this is happening to their loved one's death certificates.

Huge lawsuits for negligence will be filed against the city and state of New York. Count on it.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

thanks but those seem to be more targeted towards the classification of covid19 deaths. I would like to have this thread more about the raw number of deaths in NYC, regardless of cause.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I wonder if the deaths are because people aren't seeking medical attention or maybe being ignored due to the lockdown?

Why just in NYC? Are other areas seeing any meaningful statistical increase in deaths?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So the people who say that China is evil for lying about its statistics, are lying about their statistics?

And also, how do you deal with an epidemic by just making up numbers? You need accurate numbers to track and hopefully defeat the cases of infection, to know the stages and valid response levels.

Lost in all this idiotic 'casting of doubt' is the fact that there is no motivation at all for inflating the figures unrealistically, or for the fact that there will always be a margin of error, even in the best statistics.

If someone has all the symptoms, and tests positive, but dies from an unrelated cause, they still actually have the virus.

The epidemic statistics are designed, not to accurately reflect cause of death in all cases, but to track and defeat an epidemic. The people trying to fight this can do nothing for the already dead.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, thank you for mentioning. Here is an article about the Lombardy region of Italy.

In Bergamo, fatalities more than quadrupled, while they increased between two- and three-fold in several other Lombardy cities. In some small towns at the heart of the outbreak they were up 10-fold this year compared with 2019.

www.reuters.com... 77

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
While the classification of deaths is.. questionable at best.. I dont doubt there is an increase there in NY.

Putting aside any possible erroneous attribution, which I think could actually be an interesting discussion (consistency over time seems key), NY is an ultra high stress environment. Now, we are adding on significantly more stress on top of it, in a constant bombardment at that.

Even just examining the medical system there.. Once it starts to snowball, for any reason at all, it can be exceedingly difficult to catch back up again. And, if someone is afraid of SARS-CoV-2, they are much less likely to pursue critically important care that they might need.

I would expect to see everything from heart attacks to asthma attacks increase, and possibly even strokes, dehydration, or starvation.

While I might expect things like pollution to reduce during a lockdown, the longterm issues that causes over time would not.

I really feel that high density living, even poverty, probably result in more subtle detriment than we currently think without the inclusion of any virus.

Id even add in EMF, but everything around that subject is framed in such a way that Im not sure fruitful discussion is possible.

In other words, it would seem that NYC is a deeply unhealthy city to reside in without the added stress during a time like this. Add in everything else going on from social isolation to stress from media.. And that knife edge balance might end up doing damage.
edit on 17-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So the people who say that China is evil for lying about its statistics, are lying about their statistics?

And also, how do you deal with an epidemic by just making up numbers? You need accurate numbers to track and hopefully defeat the cases of infection, to know the stages and valid response levels.

Lost in all this idiotic 'casting of doubt' is the fact that there is no motivation at all for inflating the figures unrealistically, or for the fact that there will always be a margin of error, even in the best statistics.

If someone has all the symptoms, and tests positive, but dies from an unrelated cause, they still actually have the virus.

The epidemic statistics are designed, not to accurately reflect cause of death in all cases, but to track and defeat an epidemic. The people trying to fight this can do nothing for the already dead.

Different agendas...

China seeks to minimize their deaths because of their culture of secrecy, saving face, etc...

In the US, some people want to make this a bigger issue than it may be so that leads to inflation of deaths...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I had thought the multiple was much higher, like tenfold, but had some trouble finding number of deaths for a given city over a certain timeframe. Even at 2x, its obvious there's something at play.

If I was a "JustAFluBro" person, I'd be far more worried than if I believed the virus was responsible for the uptick.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
NY Times requires a subscription so I can't see the numbers but I found some info from other sites:

On average about 150 die per day in NY, so yes, there was an increase. I would be curious to know the average daily total during years with the H1N1 outbreak.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My fear is that next flu season the hospitals will be completely overwhelmed because anytime anyone so much as sneezes they will rush to the e.r. in fears they have coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A lot of people are not getting the care they need because they are being turned away from hospitals because they don't want to do unnecessary operations, this leads to more deaths from waiting. Now those deaths cannot be blamed on covid, it is the policy they have incorporated that is causing the extra deaths. But technically, the policy of covid is part of the pandemic, so technically those people died of consequences of the covid pandemic, the deaths of truck drivers who got in an accident hauling covid supplies could probably be classified as covid related too. So could the suicides caused by fear of this disease, they are covid related deaths.

Don't mention what I just said to the governors of Michigan or New York, I don't want to see their numbers getting even more distorted.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
NY Times requires a subscription so I can't see the numbers but I found some info from other sites:

On average about 150 die per day in NY, so yes, there was an increase. I would be curious to know the average daily total during years with the H1N1 outbreak.

Numbers in 2009 weren't much different from other years 2,239 pneumonia and influenza deaths in NYC and 51,449 deaths from all causes or about 141 a day. For all of New York State the numbers were 4,460 and 144,874.

apps.health.ny.gov...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
My fear is that next flu season the hospitals will be completely overwhelmed because anytime anyone so much as sneezes they will rush to the e.r. in fears they have coronavirus.

That's the funny thing about this pandemic. People act like hospitals have never been overwhelmed before but we only have to look back to 2018. If you use google's search by date parameters, you can find an abundance of articles like this.

The 2017-2018 influenza epidemic is sending people to hospitals and urgent-care centers in every state, and medical centers are responding with extraordinary measures: asking staff to work overtime, setting up triage tents, restricting friends and family visits and canceling elective surgeries, to name a few.

“We are pretty much at capacity, and the volume is certainly different from previous flu seasons,” says Dr. Alfred Tallia, professor and chair of family medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey. “I’ve been in practice for 30 years, and it’s been a good 15 or 20 years since I’ve seen a flu-related illness scenario like we’ve had this year.”

time.com...

join