It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Simple...Sooooo Good!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Kind of interesting factoid about "American Cheese": There's actually two (2) different types of 'American Cheese', and one of them actually is "Cheese".

1. The cheese you are referring to is "Processed American Cheese Food", and yes, it isn't really "cheese" at all, but rather a conglomeration of dairy ingredients which result in a cheese-like product.

2. Then there is "Processed American Cheese" which is different. This actually IS cheese (technically), but it's a cheese made from other types of cheeses like Colby, Cheddar and Jack cheeses. So it is 'processed' from other cheeses, but the net result is "cheese", unlike its "Processed American Cheese Food" brother.

Processed American Cheese can be formed into blocks, sliced into stacks or individually wrapped after being sliced from a block. Processed American Cheese Food on the other hand is only formed into individually wrapped slices, and this is because the cheese food only solidifies after it's been placed into the wrapper (it goes in as a semi-liquid).

So, while its' true to say American Processed Cheese Food isn't real cheese, it isn't 100% accurate to say American Cheese (in total) isn't cheese. This, because Processed American Cheese actually is cheese.

Useless trivia, I'm sure. But I find this kind of stuff interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think Velveeta is the same as the singles and is sold in blocks. I looked at the ingredients and they are virtually the same.
I am not saying Velveeta is cheese.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good point. Yeah, you're right, it probably is the same. But like the individual slices, you can tell Velveta is poured into the block because it takes the exact form of the wrapper, so in a way it's like the individual wrapped slices just bigger.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

well.. im not from the country that usually consume sandwhiches.. so i dunno the taste --i think i should try that one..

"so simple so good".. i got your point.... i have some food that make me fell the thing that you feel with grilled cheese sandwhich.

Have you try purple yum soup --use sugar palm (aren)! Its so simplee so greatt!

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Stumbled across this recipe for Jalepeno popper grilled cheese sandwiches.

I haven't made them, but they sound and look delicious. Grilled jalepeño and cheese? Hell yes.

Maybe add a few pepperoni....

Omg.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

This one is right up your alley:

Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich .

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That looks good, but I think I'd like to try that without the cream cheese. Just regular cheese and some Jalapeno's added in. I definitely like the Romano and Asiago idea though. Added to a regular grilled cheese would be excellent!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Is this the sloppy joe forum???

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I was thinking the same. While it does look delicious, with just regular cheese would be the way to go, although I would definitely try it with cream cheese, just maybe not as much.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Sloppy Joes? Stop with that X rated #, this is a family channel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join