It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US soldier admits they massacred innocents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092

Trouble is we can't stop you. Are you willing to stop yourselves? Of course not - you're engaged in a war of global domination otherwise you'd pull out of the Balkans, Tashkent and all the other places you're establishing military / espionage facilities.

We tried our damnedest to stay out of the Balkans, but the Europeans would not stop the murder of Innocent MUSLIMS! We did, with help but no one wanted to get involved until the US stepped up to the plate and you all know it.

Just plain wrong.

The original situation was stirred up by the CIA to open old wounds, create a TV war, flex American muscle in Europe's back yard and allow the US to build bases in the former Soviet bloc - increasing the ring of bases around your biggest economic ally.

You picked at barely healed wounds and hey presto instant war, a one-name bogeyman (essential for US foreign policy?) and US occupation with the EU's blessing.

I'll admit the CIA are good, I'm jealous, if you guys realised just how brutal and effective they are you'd pay them more.

The lesson worked - Poland etc fell into line allowing Rumsfeld to try his 'Old/New Europe' divide and rule tactic.

Obviously we (UK) knows our place (guv) but you sure showed those pesky Germans & Frenchies who runs Europe.

Ya the U.S. waits like 6-7 years just to flex their muscles. Im sure thats why they went in. They and the U.N. could have stopped it in 91. Infact Bush sent his foreign diplomat thing(forget the name) and said they would not do anything to stop whatever they would do. Pretty much gave them the green light to do anything. Then they only went when they started killin albanians, didnt SH!T for us. lol flexed muscles. One of their most advanced plains was shot down with a soviet missle sisytem.

[edit on 15/3/05 by Croat56]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Yelling? Large Fonts? You need to check the T&C. Personal attacks are against the rules buddy. Also, I find it humorous you attack me with such vengence. You know nothing about me or my thoughts, and you don't even read my words. You are the one making a donkey out of yourself..

Have a nice day. *******BIG HUG*********

I tend to get worked up when I'm yelled at. No I didn't read your words, past the yelling. (Picture Charlie Brown's teacher)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56Ya the U.S. waits like 6-7 years just to flex their muscles. Im sure thats why they went in. They and the U.N. could have stopped it in 91. Infact Bush sent his foreign diplomat thing(forget the name) and said they would not do anything to stop whatever they would do. Pretty much gave them the green light to do anything. Then they only went when they started killin albanians, didnt SH!T for us. lol flexed muscles. One of their most advanced plains was shot down with a soviet missle sisytem.

If anyone has the right to bitch about what the EU and the USA didn't do , it is the Croatians and the Bosnians. We both sat by and watched it happen, no excuses we dropped the ball.

Then again to here these tulipwalkers in here say it, the only reason the US did go in was to get all that oil......oh wait a second..........that cant be it.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

YORGA - "The USA does not want the job of World Policeman"

We agree on something, The World doesn't want you doing that either.

Trouble is we can't stop you. Are you willing to stop yourselves? Of course not - you're engaged in a war of global domination otherwise you'd pull out of the Balkans, Tashkent and all the other places you're establishing military / espionage facilities.

The evil done in your name diminishes you as a nation and makes you morally-reponsible for thousands of innocents slaughtered. Never mind eh? at least you get cheap gas / bananas and Nike trainers. So it's all OK overall I suppose.

I only quoted this post so everyone here can see exactly what I am talking about. Other than being a great example, this ******* does not deserve
a reply.

OOPS

You remind me of a kid standing outside the candy store with his face pressed against the window. Young man you have serious personal issues that bleed over in your post. Try as you may to justify your opinion of
me, my country, my belief or my patriotism, I honestly think you protest too much. Debating issues intelligently is one thing, but you deliberately set
out to rile and insult. Take your avatars for example, reference to Nazi's, burning flags, militant banners, etc. etc. Didn't I read once that you were
a champion debater? Is relying on cheap theatrics and going for the personal attacks how you won such an award? If one just looks back at your threads and post, a clear pattern emerges. You're interest are strictly self indulgent and have nothing to due with actual concern for America. Respectfully I request that you not bother to address this post nor any of my post in the future. There is an ignore button on your left.
Please use it, for from this moment on I will be ignoring you as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Who was it who was trying to tell me its not a matter of mandate? I forget now..

If this guy was on the other side it would be a case of.. see terrorists shoot at civilians and soldiers dont!

But he's a soldier so either a) he must be crazy to make this stuff up OR b) coz "soldiers" only kill civilians and journalists by "accident" ( yeah right uhuh..) he probably exaggurating.

This is exactly the diffenece that mandate makes... one side gets away with slaughtering civilians the other side is labelled "terrorists".

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yeah I'll admit I was acting Childish...Okay....

But I did have valid points responding to yours...but if you are ignoring me you can't see this anyways so I will probably reply in your posts in the future...

Didn't mean to come in and cause such a ruckus, thanks Ed for being civil back to me.

Anyways...if you look at what I had to say you will see there is sense there. Responding back to me about my 'personality and thought' is such a personal attack, why not address the issues I posed? hah...Hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Does the United States of America DELIBERATELY target Iraqi civilians? No, I don't believe they do.

If you take a bunch of kids and dress them up in combat gear and give them automatic weapons and stick them in a frickin desert cauldron where they can't speak the language, can't make decisions for themselves (command structure), don't know where the next attack is going to come from, then are they eventually going to target civilians at times?

YES! OF COURSE!

Ask anyone who has ever fought in a war. War makes people do horrible horrible things to the "enemy". Things that they can never forget, things that haunt them forever.

Ed: If you can call people turdblossoms can I call you the singlemost ignorant poo-pile that I have ever had the misfortune to listen to? You make me ashamed to share common ancestry with you. Open your mind a little. TALK to someone who has served in Iraq before you spout ignorant Disneyish propaganda.

jako

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Who was it who was trying to tell me its not a matter of mandate? I forget now..

If this guy was on the other side it would be a case of.. see terrorists shoot at civilians and soldiers dont!

But he's a soldier so either a) he must be crazy to make this stuff up OR b) coz "soldiers" only kill civilians and journalists by "accident" ( yeah right uhuh..) he probably exaggurating.

This is exactly the diffenece that mandate makes... one side gets away with slaughtering civilians the other side is labelled "terrorists".

It is very possible that this soldier may have done what he claims. It is also possible that he didn't. I for one do not believe everything I read nor see for that matter. No one is arguing that point. What I object to is the
blatant attempt to throw all US soldiers and the US government in the
same category as a few bad eggs. In every conflict there are people that commit atrocites. In every government on earth there is corruption. The US is no different but it is not a bunch of loonies out for world domination any more than the Military is a bunch of thugs or murderers. You put ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances and extraodinary things happen, not all good. Anyone who has ever served in combat for any country on this planet can vouch to what I am saying. You can't throw up the red flags and sound alarms everytime someone comes forth and says we are torturing prisoners, of course we are torturing prisoners. You can't scream that America is a nation of warmongers and Imperialist looking for world domination because innocents are being killed, of course innocents are being killed. It is always the innocent who suffer the most. You can't proclaim to the world that Americas poor are thugs, murderers, rapist and grug dealers therefore the military is murderers and rapist because it is made of so many from a poor background so this sort of thing runs rampant in our forces. I come from a poor background, I served in the armed forces so I guess that makes me a murderer, rapist and drug dealer!
Besides sterotyping such beliefs go beyond ignorance. No one knows what really happened but the soldier making the claims and those that served with him. People you must use common sense when dealing with such accusations. People make things up or twist the actual facts for purpose of inflating thier own self worth. Soldiers who have been in combat will sometimes develop a sense of guilt for having taken human life or for just surviving when many of their buddies did not. You can have multiple people involved in a very tense, traumatic, life threatening situation and have completely different accounts of what happened. One soldiers civilain may be anothers terrorist. Maybe one thought he saw a gun while the others didn't. There are so many varibles that only someone who has been there would understand. I do not know how many on ATS are combat veterans.
But I know it is safe to bet that most of you who post here are not. I for one will debate the state of my country, the morals of her troops and the supposed breakdown of American society with all due diligence on behave of those who's voices can no longer be heard. I prefer that no soldier any where in the world should ever have to pick up a weapon again and make the ultimate sacrifice or take innocent lives. But when the s*** hits the fan and the bullets are flying, I thank God for the young men and women in the US Armed Forces. I will always give them the benefit of doubt. Ever seen a group of war veterans get together? Ever notice how they all embrace and shed tears? It is a bond, a pride, remembrance of those we left behind and acknowledgement somebody else knows what we went through. Unless you are a member of this 'Band of Brothers' you have no clue what the f*** I'm talking about or where I'm coming from. The day I stop being a dumb*** patriot is the day I hear that final Revele!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga
. I do not know how many on ATS are combat veterans.

veteran, yes - combat no.......But I was willing and still am.

But when the s*** hits the fan and the bullets are flying, I thank God for the young men and women in the US Armed Forces.

I also thank God for these blessings.

I will always give them the benefit of doubt.

You get another one right on the head. Most here can not comprehend that concept as they hate America so much from the start.

Originally posted by Yorga The day I stop being a dumb*** patriot is the day I hear that final Revele!

Well count me in that statement, although I never heard Reveille, just some arsehole yelling and calling me pond scum!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Ed: If you can call people turdblossoms can I call you the singlemost ignorant poo-pile that I have ever had the misfortune to listen to? You make me ashamed to share common ancestry with you. Open your mind a little. TALK to someone who has served in Iraq before you spout ignorant Disneyish propaganda.

jako

Well there is a long story behind the turdblossom name, there is even a thread on it, so go take a look and maybe you can then understand why I used it and will continue to use something along the same lines.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
edsinger:

Well there is a long story behind the turdblossom name, there is even a thread on it, so go take a look and maybe you can then understand why I used it and will continue to use something along the same lines

I'll pass, but thanks. I'd rather stick something sharp in my eye.

I think you're maybe a bit of a fecaphiliac, but that might be a topic for another thread too

j/k

jako

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well count me in that statement, although I never heard Reveille, just some arsehole yelling and calling me pond scum!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by edsinger]

Man that brings back memories

I salute anyone who has ever worn the uniform. There are many ways to serve ones country. What you said about not being in combat, I beg to differ. Being here on ATS is enough to get you a Purple Heart

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I salute anyone who has ever worn the uniform. There are many ways to serve ones country. What you said about not being in combat, I beg to differ. Being here on ATS is enough to get you a Purple Heart

You have a point but it pales in comparison, it is a different animal all together!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I want to start by saying I think this war is totally wrong.

With that said, What in God's name gives you the right to call this a dirty war and call our troops baby killers? If a single one of you looked at the civilian casualties involved in other wars then wait five years and look at objective estimates of civilian deaths in this one you will be amazed. I am not saying it was bloodless, or that women and kids weren't killed.

What I am saying is until you walk a mile in combat boots in 100 degree heat down a crowded street with every face you see displaying hatred and fear knowing full well that your buddy just lost at least a leg to an IED the week before Don't judge what these boys are going through. Honestly I am surprised more people haven't ended up dead.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sugerlump, the 1st amendment gives them the right to say what they want, even if it's all lies.
There are people on ATS, including the MODERATORS (May Allah bless them; may they always walk on rose petals around the total enlightenment they share) who don't care for America, no logical presentation like yours will penetrate such stupidity, it's a prejudice beyond the ability that simple logic possesses to pierce.
P.S. Now you know how posters get "warn" labels.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't beleave this story and this soldier sounds like a liar to me. I was a soldier for 6 years and I heard stories like this all the time.

Notice how he He tosses in his POV on the war right after his outrageous statement? I found there are always some guys in a unit that have bad attitudes and tell lies about the Army to cover up their own failures.

Maximu§

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As I've said before, I have nothing against the soldiers, what I am against is the people who send them into those situations... They're just professionals out to feed their familiy like everyone else...

If you ask any US soldier why their governent sent them over to Iraq, half of them will say they have no idea, the other half will say they are "liberating" the people of Iraq, giving them "freedom" etc...

No one has touched on the fact that Saddam Hussien had alot of good policies etc that alot of Middle Eastern countries still dont have... Such as education for women, health care systems etc...

But for some reason the US sent troops into a country they crippled 10 years before... Which is specifically why they are having so much trouble with resistance, and why women and children are getting shot... Because they are defending their home, that had nothing wrong with it until it got the F*** blown out of it almost exactly 2 years ago...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Considering that the chain of command in the military is a very long one, why is it so hard to beleive that someone over a certain number of troops couldnt have ordered this? I dont hate america, and I dont have our troops, infact I support the troops in Iraq even though I disagree with the war (*gasp,shock* yeah you can do that). Seeing as there have been "soldiers" in past wars with leadership roles that have done things of this nature, its only logical to think that it can happen in this war too.

Edit:: Heres some more links of things that US Troops "havnt done" by patriotic standards.

G.I. gets 45 days for assault of Iraqis. www.msnbc.msn.com...

Murder Suspected in 26 Iraq/Afghan Deaths --NY Times. www.reuters.com...

[edit on 17-3-2005 by Delirious]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Does the United States of America DELIBERATELY target Iraqi civilians? No, I don't believe they do.

If you take a bunch of kids and dress them up in combat gear and give them automatic weapons and stick them in a frickin desert cauldron where they can't speak the language, can't make decisions for themselves (command structure), don't know where the next attack is going to come from, then are they eventually going to target civilians at times?

YES! OF COURSE!

Ask anyone who has ever fought in a war. War makes people do horrible horrible things to the "enemy". Things that they can never forget, things that haunt them forever.

EXACTLY!!! Well said...

You can't expect to send a force of US Soldiers, around 20 years of age, who've barely recieved 3 months of decent training and had a 10th Grade Education, and give them Automatic Weapons and a full arsenal of support, shove them in a land completely foreign to them, and then let the morale drop and the body count rise, and then not expect them to make mistakes...

Of course, they're going to target civilians, "desperate times call for desperate measures." Especially when it comes to stopping an organised mob of insurgent groups, whose means are somewhat under-handed, and their determination and fanaticism, never-ending. Of course they're going to be trying whatever they can to stop the rising amount of bloodshed, and if that means targetting civilians, than by all means, the US Army is going to target civilians! While oppose the US Army presence in Iraq with a venegance, and I condone these actions, you can say they are somewhat justified, as Militia and Muslim extremist groups try just about anything to swing the tide in their favour, and in warfare anything can and will happen. Fanatical and tough resistance in Iraq comes in many forms, car bombs, sucide bombers, armed men disguised as civilians, and so on. The situation over there can best be described as "Living Hell", and when your a soldier out there on the battlefield, tired, spirit-broken, and frustrated, and you don't know left from right, up from down, where the next attack is coming from, if that's a women, or a guy with a gun running towards you, what do you do... SHOOT! The only thing you can to do to be sure, as the will to live, in times of war, makes people do amazing, and horrific things... as Gen. C.F. Lindsow of the British 81st put it, "War doesn't enoble men, it turns them to dogs...".

P.S. EdSinger, keep an open mind, and please stop using the word "Turdblossom" before I invent a method of stabbing people over the internet...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Iasion, you are so F'ed up in the head....you and all the people that believe what that Massey Guy said.....yeah innocents died over there but at no time were U.S. Marines told to target civilian Innocents.

And do not say they did, If you were not there and you say otherwise...
just stand by and shut the F^&* up.

I am so sick and tired of you people attacking the individual Marine/soldier.
99.999% percent of all Marines, If givin an order to kill innocents...they would refuse and probably go to some auothority about this...

This Massey guy has already said many false allegations against the US.
He is mad cause he was forced to get out of the Marine Corps....he was a dirt bag Marine and screwed up one too many times, so Uncle Sam said....later skater, get the hell outta dodge.

Anybody with any F^&*ing sense can go to google type in Massey's name and come up with 20 F^&*ing million sites that say and quote him,,,,
but you know there commander obvious......99.9999 f^&*ing % of all the websites are
like Al-jezeera, peace on earth, anit-bush, anti Marine and anti Iraq
websites.........No $h!t HUH!!!! you're a bright one aint ya!!!!!!

[edit on 17-3-2005 by dev_add]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join