It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback 1987 AIDS Epidemic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Anyone happen remember that time, the AIDS scare ? I dont remember the details, but find some information about what was the narrative then, Please do correct if have better more accurate information about it. With the information below, it do look like there was a hysteria also then, and that the numbers were also then false .Not downplaying the seriousness of AIDS but how it was presented to public then.

HOAX: The AIDS Epidemic That Never Happened!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The propaganda was that it affects heteros. The reality is that it was and still is very much a promiscuous homosexual male disease.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree.
1987 was my sophomore year of high school and I remember in reality it was a disease that mostly affected the gay community.
There was a fear of transmission through blood transfusions and there was a huge scare of blood in athletics.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And I was there...(Walter Cronkite)

Big hype , but folks didn't run screamin and cryin back then.
We just let ignorant speaking folks be ignorant .
Ain't as if they didn't try to induce screamin , cryin panic though...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I thought it was the opposite, first only homosexual male disease and later also heteros....but my memory is sometimes bit rusty

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I thought it was the opposite, first only homosexual male disease and later also heteros....but my memory is sometimes bit rusty

It started out as such in the 70s , and it was EVERYONE in the 80s...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I agree.
1987 was my sophomore year of high school and I remember in reality it was a disease that mostly affected the gay community.
There was a fear of transmission through blood transfusions and there was a huge scare of blood in athletics.

Yeah, we are around same age. I remember all the hype and fear.

The reality is that the only demographic with any significant numbers of infected are gay men. The other high risk group is drug addicts sharing needles. The odds of any normal straight male that doesn't have a drug habit of getting AIDs even if you are promiscuous is practically zero.

The gay community pushed the propaganda that it affects everyone to try to continue to normalize homosexuality among men.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

In the Army, we had to report for training from medical personnel. They discussed the disease and told us to be wary of swollen lymph nodes, as that was apparently considered a symptom. Beyond that, not much was done other than the command ensured we remained aware that AIDS was "out there".

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I will never forget her being on a TV screen in the comedy Throw Momma From the Train. I consider that one moment her greatest achievement in life.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I was in school then, i dont remember being worryed , but it`s long time from 70s and 80s

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That`s weird as swollen lymph nodes can be from many reasons. Well at least no house arrest

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I remember the MSM narratives being a political hoax that backfired 👓 🎱 👓

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Wasn't AIDS used by the catholic church in Africa by telling them they still cannot use condoms?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I remember the MSM narratives being a political hoax that backfired 👓 🎱 👓

Much like now, anyone who didn't go along with the propaganda was excoriated; facts be damned.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I dont remeber..could be..maybe..

But now i think seeing mentioned that dr.Fauci was somehow connected to AIDS cover up or something....

Expose Book About Dr. Anthony Fauci Climbs to Best Seller Soars 6,673% in Sales

Anthony Fauci - The Bernie Madoff of Science
edit on 17-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh, I remember that well, it was actually early '80s that they started pushing that crap. I was in my mid '20s and playing in a band. Into things that lots of guys playing out at the time were doing. Things that also caused the spread of aids... My wife started having panic attacks - convinced she had aids. Then I caught it from her... that's what the doc said. That it can actually be spread from person to person like that. We were flipping out so bad we couldn't even go to work for a while. Man that was a dark time. Months later on sedatives and finally got over it. Almost 40 years ago and I'm still here...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I remember the Gov's Public Information films, usually telling you to chuck your dead relatives outside after a nuclear attack or scaring kids with frisbees from climbing electricity substation equipment.

www.youtube.com...

Some of the words here could apply to the current situation.

P.S. they must have deemed it important as it sounds like John Hurt narrating.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Yeeh we are still here, but now we are supposed to be in great danger again ( Déjà vu )

Anyone else in this ? is this Truman show ? Just a dream and i soon wake up ...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

That film looked funny, too bad they dont make those anymore. Yes there was some cold war nuclear armageddon fears when i was a kid, and then Chernobyl blow up which taked days to them kindly inform what was going on...

I am now more worryed than in cold war era, because of their obsession to toxic vaccine coctails and lockdowns ....full gestapo surveillance nazi society ....i would go back to cold war era if i could.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think they proved that the quickest way into the bloodstream is through the anal walls hence the gay plague. Have you not read the theory that was they way Marilyn Monroe was killed with drugs shoved up her anus.
You want a comparison today. When it was rife someone was prosecuted for attempted murder because he knowingly having Aids purposely went out to infect women without telling them he had aids.
Now you want a like for like, someone today having the virus and disregarding the lockdown and purposely going around knowing he could infect others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join