It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm MAD...it's COLD!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry, this is a rant.

It's COLD! I don't mind the cold, but it's flipping COLD out tonight, wind blowing 30mph and 11F degrees.

I went out earlier to start my truck, and RRRRrrrRRRRrrrr...click click...DEAD! It's April for cripes sakes!! Went to start 2 of the 3 tractors and got the same damn response! How infuriating! We're running good fuel, with winter additives, and it's just so damn cold nothing will start! GRRRRRRRR!!!

Got the big tractor going (she'll start even if it's -100F below zero), and then struggled with the middle tractor. Finally got the truck going, but had to put a charger on it for a couple hours first. Ran it for an hour and then had to pull it up to the house to plug it in. Seriously??? I have to plug the truck in...in mid APRIL???? It's spring, for cripes sakes!!! This is ridiculous!!

Got 10" of snow today, and 6" last night. Temps have been in the low teens and single digits. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING!! DAMMIT!!

It's almost like it's early February right now, and freezing ass COLD, but it's not early February...it's mid-APRIL!!

So tonight I will run tractors, and trucks, all night long just to keep them warm...because it's so freaking COLD out right now! Probably waste tens of gallons of fuel with stuff just idling because nothing will start tomorrow when the temps drop down to zero or below.

GRRRRRrrrrr!! Sorry, just ranting, but I was going to plant last weekend and this weekend...now, there's no way! All I'm going to do is help people get unstuck from all the stupid mud, snow, ice and other BS from all this COLD! Unbelievable!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We've had one blasted day of 70 degrees last week. Winter has been going on for 7 months here.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Global warming err climate change...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
78 here in Cali north

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Tonight I had to break out all the chains for our skid steer and my truck. Just to get around on the property from all the snow will take chaining up everything to even get around. Between the ice, snow and mud, we're just up to our elbows in slick and goo.

Chaining up the skid steer is a major operation, and once we get it chained up it will tear up anything it gets near, including our road, driveway and out-building areas. I hate to do it, but it will get stuck in a second if we don't.

Tractors and truck the same way...just tears up everything. You can move, but there is a serious penalty. Takes weeks to fix all the damage when it gets like this. Chained up vehicles are destructive beyond imagination!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I hear you. We need that sunshine! Two days ago we set records for the cold here in Colorado.

7 degrees F?

Last night into today got about 6 inches hanging around 19F

Dang thats Cold in April Edit to add, yeah its that wind that gets you.

Here in CO the sun is so strong it can be 30F and if you are in the shade it is painful but if you step in the sun, hey not so bad!
edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Couple weeks ago, the temp was 35 - 40.
Then it went to 70 in 2 days and finally hit 80. I thought "Oh thank you IT'S SPRING "
Then it dropped to 40 the next day. This morning we had snow. SNOW!! IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL !

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's freezing here and all these first time gardeners are putting tomato and pepper starts out.
They are going to be in for a rude awakening.
I guess now is as good a time as any to lean the hard way!

We leave our driveway snow markers in until the second week of May, sounds crazy but these late spring snows are the worst.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, it was 85 and sunny here in AZ.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Tried a cold climate once. Nope. Costs to heat is much more than cooling. Heat can me a temp adjustment of 50 plus degrees. Cooling, even in the high point of summer is maybe 25.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ummm...

‘You’ve...got mail”

YouSir

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I suspect you may know, I'm here in Colorado too!

Eastern plains.

edit on 4/16/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Duly noted. I saw it.

No hard feelings.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I suspect you may know, I'm here in Colorado too!

Eastern plains.

Dang FLyingclaydisk sorry no didnt know! Eastern plains. Now I know what you mean by wind!

Supposed to get better over the next few days hopefully but you know we have at least 1 storm in May coming.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Holy cripes, that’s cold! It’s been 23 degrees in the morning the last three days here in da frozen tundra. It snowed a bit, but melted quickly once the sun came out. I don’t see spring coming anytime soon here.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The liberals made it cold so the virus would last longer.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Cold, windy and snowy in Iowa the past week or two. Looking at the long term forecast it appears there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Only eleven? I never complain when it is that warm. That is a heatwave. This winter has been hell around here with all the hot spells in the twenties and thirties. The last snowstorm we got over eighteen inches of Wet heavy snow, I got the plow truck stuck twice. I would rather have a snowstorm at ten degrees than at thirty degrees anyday around here.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just got in from blanketing my sweet old donkey, he was shivering (which he has never done before) and I took off my down jacket to give to the barn cat. Hopped in the ranch truck and got to the house as soon as I could. When I saw the title of your post I assumed it must be a fellow Coloradon. It is awful right now!
On a side note, I read your post a few years back about the coyotes and we had the same experience at our ranch on the same night. Oddly enough, I’m not on the Eastern plains but coincidentally we are on the old Overland trail!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: slaughterhorseangel

Theres a lot more Coloradendoans on this board than you might imagine..

And yeah. Tried to go to my mailbox earlier without pants on, in a show of solidarity obviously, and it was absolutely deemed a mistake within the first two steps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join