It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Stalin's Secret Hitler Book to be Published

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
A secret biography of Adolf Hitler commissioned by Joseph Stalin and presented to the Soviet dictator in 1949 is to be published in Germany this month. The original work, recently discovered in 2004 by a German historian, is based on information derived from a two year interrogation of Hitler's butler and SS adjutant Otto Guensche, two men who were present in Hitler's bunker at the time of his suicide and are credited with disposing of the Nazi dictator's corpse.

www.reuters.co.uk
Stalin's "Hitler Book" was presented to the Soviet dictator in December 1949, in a limited edition of one, and was put in his personal archive before being discovered by German historian Matthias Uhl in 2004.

"A second copy of the biography was made in 1965 and placed in a separate archive, which was used as corroborating evidence that the first book was authentic," a spokeswoman for publisher John Murray said on Friday.

Stalin commissioned the book because he wanted to understand the psychology of Hitler as well as being sure the Nazi dictator was dead, the publisher said in a statement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What insights into the life and the psychological make-up of the twentieth century's most infamous tyrant will this book provide? At the very least, it may well dispel speculation that Adolf Hitler escaped Nazi Germany before the allied invasion and that his apparent suicide was an elaborate sham.

Stalin's obsession with and hatred of Hitler was singular after the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Non-Aggression Pact of 1939, guaranteeing Hitler would not have to fight the war on two fronts, and the subsequent betrayal when Germany attacked Russia in the Summer of 1941.

Link: Molotov-Ribbentrop Non-Aggression Pact

Above - Soviet Foreign Minister Molotov signs the Nazi-Soviet Non-aggression Pact while German Foreign Minister Von Ribbentrop and Soviet leader Stalin look on under a portrait of Lenin, August 23, 1939.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Banshee]

[edit on 2005/3/12 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Should be a fascinating read, I can't wait to get hold of a copy.

How accurate and truthful it will be of course is another issue. Butlers do tend to know more about their masters than most though.....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
IF genuine this should be of great value. I wonder how many OMGs (oh my God) will be exposed. The time span leading up to WWII should be full of shockers. More than a few European families will be embarrassed and run for the woods because of this book.

Good find

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

as posted by wecomeinpeace
...guaranteeing Hitler would not have to fight the war on two fronts, and the subsequent betrayal when Germany attacked Russia in the Summer of 1941.

Having done an indepth research paper on Operation Barbarossa and what Stalin knew concerning it, I'm intrigued at the use of the word: "betrayal."

Stalin felt betrayed by Hitler? I have serious reservations that he may have claimed he felt such, or that some historians have felt such, but when Stalin was made aware of Hitler's intentions to invade 'mother' Russia, numerous times, and he did not heed those warnings, "betrayal" seems to be an inappropriate term.

seekerof

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Duped. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Stalin also could have known what was going to happen and wanted to bide his time. Maybe he didn't think he could defeat Hitler in '39 without American involvment? I don't know just throwing out ideas here.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

The time span leading up to WWII should be full of shockers. More than a few European families will be embarrassed and run for the woods because of this book.

Good find

Agreed. ...My beef with focusing on the man is that tyrants like this do NOT bring themselves to power. They have help and BIG money behind them.

Hope this book brings out names and numbers - and doesn't mislead with a continuing focus on Hitler's "personality."

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Stalin felt betrayed by Hitler? I have serious reservations that he may have claimed he felt such, or that some historians have felt such, but when Stalin was made aware of Hitler's intentions to invade 'mother' Russia, numerous times, and he did not heed those warnings, "betrayal" seems to be an inappropriate term.

Hmm, you're right Seekerof. Perhaps I over-simplified a little. The word was intended to illustrate that Hitler betrayed the pact, which is what happened. Truly, Stalin at the time was not fond of the West or Hitler, rather he was a proponent of the "the enemy of mine enemy is my friend" principle. Thank you for pointing out this point. Maybe I should have used the term "broke the pact".

The pact actually had two sections; a public one and a secret additional protocol. The secret section effectively outlined how Hitler and Stalin would carve up Eastern Europe into German and Russian "spheres of influence" (read: control) respectively. Stalin may not have been surprised when Hitler attacked, but he certainly would have been pissed off.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Agreed. ...My beef with focusing on the man is that tyrants like this do NOT bring themselves to power. They have help and BIG money behind them.

Great point soficrow........maybe we can apply this concept to our current political state.........the last two candidates for the american presidency weren't exactly representatives of the working class.......

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
...the last two candidates for the american presidency weren't exactly representatives of the working class.......

Carter is the last 'working class' president. He may have one of only a half dozen.

new topics

top topics

join