It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Should Have Known

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Dr Debra Birx, an American physician and diplomat who serves as the response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, appeared on The View yesterday. Whoopi Goldberg asked her about the latest controversial issue, criticism of the WHO and China's transparency.

She said, "Somebody should have known. Somebody should have told us that this virus could be passed on person to person." referring to China and WHO's disappointing pandemic performance.

What the heck? We watched the Chinese government welding people into their homes. Did anyone think it wasn't because they were suspected of "being contagious"?!

What the heck? They were calling this a "flu"? Who thinks the flu isn't contagious through people to people transfer! Any doctor with an online degree from the Madagascar knows that first, one should assume that contagious pandemic viruses are likely spread through people to people contact!

If the Administration wasn't advised that this virus was spread by people to people contact, why would Trump ban travel from China?

There is plenty of blame to go around between China, WHO and other global leaders. But claiming "We didn't know that it was contagious through people to people contact is straight up gaslighting!

How stupid do these people think we are? Dr Debra Birx has lost any smidgeon of credibility that she had left with me.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Obvious deflection of criticism is obvious but that is a pretty stupid thing to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How does the average Citizen confirm they "didn't know" ? 🎱

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When exactly did she gain credibility? My experiences with doctors/big pharma in general is that they have no credibility and only prescribe based on who is going to provide them with a bigger spiff. Every time I go see one for a problem what they prescribe makes it worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox
When exactly did she gain credibility? My experiences with doctors/big pharma in general is that they have no credibility and only prescribe based on who is going to provide them with a bigger spiff. Every time I go see one for a problem what they prescribe makes it worse.

You probably need to get a $$econd opinion.

edit on 16/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What you are referring to was happening in late February to early march. We were not getting much out of China till they developed a good cover up and figured how to pin it on the wet food market.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"We" knew by January that people who didn't display CV symptoms could pass the virus.

New coronavirus can cause infections with no symptoms and sicken otherwise healthy people, studies show
By ANDREW JOSEPH @DrewQJoseph JANUARY 24, 2020

www.statnews.com...

Of course "We" knew it could be passed through symptomatic people to people contact before that!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The head of Who blew this off, even basically implying that Trump's administration was paranoid for blocking China travel. Then again Who said that blocking travel between the US and Europe was unnecessary too.

Do your homework and remember WHO is supposed to be better than that, they basically were downplaying this virus even to the leaders of the USA and European countries.

Who are you going to believe, the world health organization or a bunch of possible hypochondriacs?

I think that our government did a good job of getting this done, way better than anytime in history that I have read about or experienced.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

WHO and CCP are the same thing...just spelled differently.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This RANT has nothing to do with the WHO's mismanagement, corruptions, old boy's club or favoritism. It's about Dr Debra Birx. this administration's CV Task Force spokesperson, trying to feed us the lie that "We" didn't know the virus could be contracted from people to people contact.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The problem with that is that some of us are saying theres a possible connection there. Examining each thing in isolation may very well miss an important, bigger picture.

You are spot on in general here though.

I was a little late to becoming aware of all this (December, basically, with inklings earlier on), but its been totally bizarre to watch everyone like Birx and Fauci to major news networks say something that was clearly, strangely "off".. Right from the start.

There have been a ton of examples, and watching it in real time has been pretty bizarre. Its easy to chalk it up to incompetence, but I really dont know..
edit on 16-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh I have. I research the side effects of everything they prescribe. One recently tried prescribing me proponal again, I saw something somewhere that was another drug that had been tainted by cv. Literally in Jan. If I had taken that I may have caught the "bad" version of it. I literally have a set of links dedicated to my meds and their side effects in my fav' list in case I need reminding. Big Pharma/Med Est work hand in hand to keep you sick never focusing on a cure. Sure there are vaccines but who wants the mercury/chip.

a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
According to the WHO's report they stated categorically in January they didn't think it could be transferred and said that it shouldn't get out of China. They stalled the world for weeks before admitting it was a pandemic.....until the 11th March in fact plus they also discouraged China from closing borders and cancelling international flights. They did however stop all internal flights from Wuhan to other parts of China but clearly no-one thought to prevent international travel!!
14th Jan Tweet

Tedros (the current leader of The WHO) is also not an md but got a degree in community health from Nottingham University, plus he is also under suspicion of atrocities in his home country of Ethiopia and is allegedly a communist.

So how can any country be criticised for following the WHO's advice when so much was clearly obfuscated? When only now small truths are coming out? All leaders were lead by The WHO respecting their advice & expertise....its now looking like that was a mistake for many of us

edit on 16-4-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Actually somebody knew, but nobody listened....

gellerreport.com...

"Taiwan releases damning December email to WHO showing unheeded warning about coronavirus"

edit on 16-4-2020 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

She, like Fauci, is walking a very fine line between the science and this administration. If she hasn't drunk the Kool Aid, she has to toe some of their talking points and carefully juggle both positions, otherwise she and others (scientists/doctors) are out, which would be even worse for the nation.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

While I personally believe there are "shenanigans afoot," there is a lot of precedent for these things not really going beyond China & Asia.

It seems that many arent aware of the outbreaks that have been ongoing there. I only became aware of them with SARS-CoV a couple decades ago, but there have been some rough ones since then.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Dr Debra Birx has lost any smidgeon of credibility that she had left with me.

She was the highest ranking task force member calling for expanded social distancing and effectively shutting down the country, so I guess if she's lost all credibility with you, you'll gladly join me in calling for an end to this charade and the reopening of the United States of America with business as usual immediately! After all, if she has no credibility, then her efforts largely have no credibility with you as well, yes?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"We" knew by January that people who didn't display CV symptoms could pass the virus.

New coronavirus can cause infections with no symptoms and sicken otherwise healthy people, studies show
By ANDREW JOSEPH @DrewQJoseph JANUARY 24, 2020

www.statnews.com...

Of course "We" knew it could be passed through symptomatic people to people contact before that!

I'd remind you there were doctors going on TV shows in the early to mid 80s theorizing that AIDS could be spread via social contact, poor kitchen hygene, even toilet seats. The above link wasn't a "study" it was a theory and you can't base national response and policy on theories in the initial days of something like this because the theories are all over the goddamned place and only time tells which theories were accurate.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I thought Trump was the stupid one? So why didn’t Pelosi step up. Oh. She was to busy with impeachment. And asking everyone to visit China Town.

Pelosi encouraged public gatherings in late February, weeks after Trump's China travel ban
By Dominick Mastrangelo
March 30, 2020 - 4:49 PM

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was out in San Francisco's Chinatown in late February encouraging people to go out in public and spend money at local businesses despite concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus.

Why didn’t Pelosi do more?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look, the more I learn about CV 19, the more convinced I am that I had it in November, 2019. It was awful, but I, an overweight senior citizen smoker, survived. I don't know what's really going on, and my conspirator spidey senses are peaked. But, I'm still not about to say that this isn't real or that it isn't contagious and that people all over the world aren't dying from it.

I'm looking to real leadership right now, and I'm not seeing it anywhere. Just floundering.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join