It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Tower and a funny coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This I just read recently, but anyhow, the tower being built in place of the World Trade Center is called "Freedom Tower." By 2008, when it should be completed, it should be one of the 4 tallest buildings in the world.

Anyhow, I was thinking to myself, "Freedom Tower," yet then about how the Patriot Acts remove civil liberties and freedoms. Now don't get me wrong, I am far from any hard-core liberal and am very pro-America, but I am still against the Patriot Acts.

So what struck me is that in the book, 1984, for those who have read it, if you remember, there are four "ministries." I forget their names, but making an example, they'd have the "Ministry of Love" which was about hate, and each Ministry's name meant that the Ministry was really the exact opposite of what its name was.

This just struck me kind of funny, that a symbol of American power and freedom, and all that, is named "Freedom Tower" yet we are slowly losing our civil liberties. Now I am NOT implying that the U.S. is becoming 1984 or anything. We have a loooooong way to go before anything like that.

It just gets me, b/c in 1984 they have those "ministries" with names opposite of what they really do, and now we will have "Freedom Tower," yet we are losing civil liberties. Freedom Tower probably won't be devoted to squashing freedoms or anything, just business like the WTC, but big business can be close to the opposite of freedom if you know what I mean.

As long as the U.S. keeps to its main morals though and doesn't forget them, I don't mind the name too much, though I think it sounds kind of corny. They should think up a new name.

I love the word freedom, as I believe in it so strongly, but "Freedom Tower" just sounds too 1984-ish for a building that will conduct lots of big business. Just give it a nice, classy, sensible name I say. When your country stands for something, you don't have to stick that very word on things. It's also sort of like Communist China to me, with their "People's" Liberation Army, "People's" Republic (REPUBLIC!?!) of China, etc....it isn't the "People's" anything over there. In America, we are all about freedom (our people are, big gov't folk obviously not), and our military really is the "People's" military in many ways. It is all-volunteer. Yet we don't stick the words "freedom" into its name (s) or anything. We just call it the United States Military, the United States Army, the United States Navy, etc....I say the same should go for Freedom Tower. Just give it a nice, sensible name.

I can see making it nice and tall as a symbol of American ingenuity and power and wealth and defiance, etc....whatever, but give it a normal name.

You can stick "freedom" on everything you want, but it's just important to know what "freedom" means more than having to name a big building with it.

My opinions anyhow.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Exactly how many people have been jailed using P-Act, infact what good has come of this except keeping aclu in business.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Personally, I am not inclined to believe in coincidences when 'Administrations' (and in particulary the current US Government) are involved.

I have heard that the reversal of words is a trait particularly used by those of the 'Lucerific' persuasion. Hence 'Freedom tower' - after all, who would agree to buy offices in 'Tyranny tower' ?

Look around - you'll see more and more of these 'coincidences' . You pointed out that the 'Patriot Acts' are nothing to do with patriotism and you are correct. I daresay there are many more examples.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"freedom tower" was the name used and given by the designer of the tower. no luciferic conspiracy here. move on. i will, given the context in which you take the patriot act, accept the "funny" nature of the name, however. but, because this is another opporunity to debate it, please name me one real liberty that has been taken from US? one right that the masses have lost?

new topics

top topics

join