It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Battles High-Pathogenic Bird Flu In South Carolina Turkey Farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hmmm... This hopefully will be minor but it appears there is bird flu going around in South Carolina. Really bad timing and another negative hit to our food supply if it spreads. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

www.poultryworld.net...

US authorities have confirmed the country’s first case of high pathogenic avian influenza in commercial poultry in 3 years. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported a case of H7N3 bird flu in a turkey flock in Chesterfield county, South Carolina.

In a statement, USDA said there was no immediate public health concern and that no human cases of the virus had been detected. In the report to the OIE the department of agriculture stated that the infected premises has an epidemiological link to another South Carolina premises affected recently by Low pathogenic avian influenza (LPAI) H7N3, which could indicate the virus mutated. This however, is not yet confirmed.

The virus killed 1,583 turkeys and the remaining 32,577 birds have since been euthanised.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Let's hope it doesn't skip over to humans!

Where is AMEDDOC when you need him?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Close the wet markets in China!!!!
I knew this was going to happen.
Then the news covers it up by not reporting.

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: added more to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And close the stinking poultry farms.

edit on 15-4-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I swear I sometimes really wonder if we are heading into the end times as in the scriptures.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not to be that guy but bird/poultry stuff like this happens all the time except now, we are collectively hyper-aware. They euthanize the flock and that should be the end of that.

edit on 15-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Not to be that guy but bird/poultry stuff like this happens all the time except now, we are collectively hyper-aware. They euthanize the flock and that should be the end of that.
a reply to: putnam6

Well, Let's just hope you're correct.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
People are happy it is not skipping over to humans. I like eating turkey, I am a little worried that this could go over to turkeys and chickens all over the country. Think the price of eggs is high now? Think the price of KFC is getting too high too? I hate fake soy chicken patties.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If the Governor is a Democrat, protest at the Capitol building with confederate flags because of a statewide stay at home order.

Hopefully a few sheriffs will issue a statement saying that they're not going to violate the constitution by enforcing it.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
If the Governor is a Democrat, protest at the Capitol building with confederate flags because of a statewide stay at home order.

And of course, if the Governor is a Republican, protest at the Capitol building with a good old Yankee flag because of a statewide stay at home order.

I hope this is an isolated case and doesn't spread.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

A Confederate flag in a northern state? Damn Ab just rolled over in his grave.

And im dying laughing! Americans and our sense of entitlement. I cant do what i want becaue there is a legit flu virus that hospitalizies about 20% of those that gets infected, so lets protest!

Nothing spreads ish faster than a flu in a crowd, haha, you cant make this ish up.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

A Confederate flag in a northern state? Damn Ab just rolled over in his grave.

And im dying laughing! Americans and our sense of entitlement. I cant do what i want becaue there is a legit flu virus that hospitalizies about 20% of those that gets infected, so lets protest!

Nothing spreads ish faster than a flu in a crowd, haha, you cant make this ish up.

This avian flu virus hasn't beenknown to affect anyhumans, let alone land 20% of those infected in the hospital. Or is there some other severe influenza strain going around that I've missed unxer all the coronavirus news?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You eat different things

What is the difference in taste between

A chicken egg

A duck egg

A turkey egg?

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
You eat different things

What is the difference in taste between

A chicken egg

A duck egg

A turkey egg?

a reply to: rickymouse

chicken eggs taste different than duck eggs, my grandson in law has problems with eggs, except in cookies and cake, and he can eat duck eggs with no stomach upset. Duck eggs are more dense and rubbery when cooked. Turkey eggs are good but way bigger, and they are also more dense but not as rubbery as duck eggs for some reason.

I like all three, but I tend to prefer a good free range naturally fed chicken egg best, the type of chicken and the food they eat effects the taste pretty much. It is hard to peel a fresh chicken egg though, I have some success with salt added to the water after boiling while sitting covered sometimes but not others. But the flavor is superior to store eggs. The vegetarian fed eggs lack flavor too, chicken need bugs or meal worms to make good tasting eggs. The older chickens seem to have more flavorful eggs, and medium eggs also have more flavor than extra large eggs. Also there is more nutrition in a medium egg than in an extra large egg per gram. I have looked at the nutrition databases that studied that.

I hope that virus does not get to my friends chickens, those chickens are her friends. Duck eggs are very expensive around here, I suppose they are bigger and can be tolerated better by some people. But I wonder if they could be used in cake, if they are tougher, the cake might be tougher. Although, maybe it would make a unique cake or be really good for making brownies or something.
edit on 17-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

I swear I sometimes really wonder if we are heading into the end times as in the scriptures.

I really believe we are. More than ever.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Hopefully a few sheriffs will issue a statement saying that they're not going to violate the constitution by enforcing it.

Butthurt over it much?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Funny that I just posted about the price of chickens here are at price Ive never seen in 30 years. The bird flu, Im worried about also. China is having a problem with also. Too many things going on at once in this world.
edit on 0400000017392020-04-17T22:39:17-05:00391704pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join