It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally We May Have a Path to the Fundamental Theory of Physics… and It’s Beautiful

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The experimental evidence appears to be in league with Georg Cantor who I mentioned earlier.
In Cantors case he believed his mathematical theories might define "god's" set theory.
I had the idea that there might be a real export function that could be used by artificial intelligence in a quantum computing environment but when I searched all I got was economic links.

China might be ahead of us, according to this source they beat Gauss.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Scroll to 24:56: "it turns out the minimal language for this ................ may be a single line of "orphan" code".

Worth listening to the entire podcast which can be found here: www.youtube.com...

It's a great read, but this is still a work in progress - i.e. a research project. Wolfram himself says that the entire idea may crash and burn.

I think declaring that this work is the definitive pathway to a fundamental theory is overstating the case. It's a great piece of work but Wolfram isn't the first in this line of thinking. Other scientists have also worked on cellular automata - Gerard 't Hooft comes to mind:

The Cellular Automaton Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics

arxiv.org...

There are a couple of simulators out there where you can play around with "Rule 30".

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

This is just a Pseudo random number generator that produces results that fall far short of genuine Quantum random sources.
Apparently they expect only a few students would be motivated to collect using a nanosecond parity sampling scheme.
Think about what the Coronavirus means to you assignment the rest.

<< 1  2   >>

join