It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we going to need be under lockdown until October 2021 as Gov. Cuomo suggested?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Govenor Cuomo (D)

In outlining a gradual reopening of businesses, Cuomo said the state is moving toward a “new normal.”
“Where we’re going, it’s not a reopening in that we’re going to reopen what was. We’re going to a different place,” Cuomo said.
He said the economy won’t be able to make a full comeback until there’s a vaccine, which scientists have said will take up to a year and a half.
www.cnbc.com...

Does this mean the citizens of NYC and perhaps other states run by Democratic Party Governors will remain under a form of martial law and house arrest until at the earliest October of 2021?

In Michigan the lockdown is even more draconian, put in place by a Democratic Party Governor Whitmer

Whitmer announced over the weekend an expansion to her state’s stay-at-home orders, which among other things prohibits residents from visiting family or friends with exceptions for providing care, bans public and private gatherings regardless of size or family ties, and places restrictions on what types of businesses may operate and in what capacity.

This is NOT a quarantine, a quarantine separates and isolates the ill people.

This is a combination of a form of house arrest of every citizen except for government approved activities and a form of martial law light. Where in some states like KY people got $500 tickets for sitting in their cars with the windows rolled up; and where in PA where the Governor is a Democrat, a man was physically dragged off a bus by officers for not having a mask on.

Is this constitutional? Is this the direction that the Democratic Party feels the US should be going to? Is it ok to keep people from working until Oct. 2021? Why does the Democratic Party seem to think and endorse this is as a good idea? Just because President Trump wants to reopen the economy and end the draconian lockdowns enacted by Governors.

Let's take a look at the facts of the common flu from last year when there was no massive house arrest of US citizens "for their own good" and a denial and forbidding of economic activity for the "good of the average Joe/Jane American citizen."

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That’s fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC’s 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.
time.com...

In the same basic time period for the COVID 19 epidemic
The number hospitalized with COVID 19 nationwide has not been announced anywhere that I could locate.
But: 27,000 people have died of COVID 19
there have been 623,000 illnesses
www.worldometers.info...

Explain to me please the constitutionality of removing people's freedom of movement, freedom to work, freedom of liberty and freedom of happiness.

What good is life if there is no liberty, if all there is is 2 years worth of hopelessness and despair?

Mental illness is on a steep rise. www.usatoday.com...

People are dying at home in large numbers from preventable illnesses and things that could have saved their lives if they went to the hospital. This is a huge epidemic because the media has terrified people and told them they would die a horrific death from a horrific disease if they went to the hospital or a clinic. Even one person with COVID19 I saw on TV was told by his local hospital, to stay away from the hospital if he wasn't sure if he had it or not or he would get it and die. When he could no longer breathe and needed assistance he reluctantly went to the hospital. All of this while Doctors and Nurses are being laid off around the country because hospitals and clinics are empty. www.nytimes.com... : www.thenewsstar.com...

Why are we subjecting the entire population of the US to a life of hopelessness and despair and a total fear of going to the hospital or getting medical care. Why? A disease that has caused less harm than the common flu did during the same time frame as last year. At least that is what the numbers tell me and numbers have no political agenda.

If you are a Democrat please defend the withdraw of all civil liberties for US citizens until October 2021, when a vaccine might be available, it may be much longer, up to 6 months longer if medical experts are correct.

edit on 4/15/20 by The2Billies because: format addition

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It was mildly comical for a few weeks farting around at home, people posting videos of their pity parties behind cheap art and fake bookshelves.

It's not anymore. People are getting pissed off. This is going to end soon no matter what state governors say.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It was mildly comical for a few weeks farting around at home, people posting videos of their pity parties behind cheap art and fake bookshelves.

It's not anymore. People are getting pissed off. This is going to end soon no matter what state governors say.

I am not so sure. Many politicians seem willing to use police to enforce their draconian withdrawal of civil liberties. The Democratic Governor in Kentucky has already used police to spread nails to stop people from driving where they don't want citizens to drive, and took down license plate numbers to punish citizens, as well as ticketing people $500 for sitting in their cars with their windows rolled up.

edit on 4/15/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

No, he'd be dragged through the streets long before then.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, he'd be dragged through the streets long before then.

Not as long as the liberal/leftist media is behind him and the Democratic Party is behind Coumo, and they both are. And not if he is willing to use the police like the Democratic Governor on KY is doing.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Meanwhile here in Denmark we just opened up schools again today..
People here respect the "keep distant" policy, and it have payed off.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What if many in the Democrat party, media, tech companies, etc. dont actually have our best interests at heart?

Both on the individual level and as a nation?

The way I see it, despite everything being framed with "the" coronavirus.. They are all working towards exactly the same things they have been for decades.

And, despite all the PR marketing they pour out to sell it to the public, the actions they take (and have been taking for decades) indicates an agenda that none of us are going to be happy about.. Even the most ardent supporters.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Not as long as the liberal/leftist media is behind him and the Democratic Party is behind him, and they both are.

I'm not a pessamist like you.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
People wouldnt stand for it until 2021.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As I wanted to be precise in my understanding of a potential lockdown that would extend into next year, I consulted with world-renown Quarantine Expert, Joseph Mamma.

Only Joe Mamma knows what a lockdown would be like and if anyone is interested in pursuing a long lockdown, then they should talk to Joe Mamma.

If the governors and DC want a lockdown, they really need to speak with Joe Mamma.

Joe Mamma would give good advice because everyone knows Joe Mamma.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i just dont understand what is in it for the government and states to be shut down. They never cared about us before. They always say follow the money. The states are losing millions of dollars a day. Why would they want to stay shut down? Because they care about us! something we are missing in the big picture. Does any one else think there is a missing puzzle piece?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Getting really sick of the "life can't go on until we have a vaccine". We seem to forget that humans have existed for thousands of years without vaccines.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
i just dont understand what is in it for the government and states to be shut down. They never cared about us before. They always say follow the money. The states are losing millions of dollars a day. Why would they want to stay shut down? Because they care about us! something we are missing in the big picture. Does any one else think there is a missing puzzle piece?

Maybe the end game is to stay shut down so long that the state's financing completely implode and the Feds will have no choice but to bail out the state governments.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not as long as the liberal/leftist media is behind him and the Democratic Party is behind him, and they both are.

I'm not a pessamist like you.

There is no evidence that the leftist and liberal media and the Democratic Party are doing anything but cheering Cuomo on - and cheering on any Governor that refuses to repeal the house arrest of their citizens. The only reason they are doing this is because conservatives and Trump want to "free the slaves to the government" and to "let the people go

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Easiest way to get leftist governors to reopen is to proclaim that due to Covid, Trump will automatically get a second term since elections can't be held....

We will see how fast they find a solution to get back to normal...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Nah, they'll just say "vote by mail" since they already have the ballots filled out and signed by you and me.

It's easier that way.

Just think of the children or something.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why is he saying people have it that don't?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE

Simple, quite simple.

Because they hate Trump and he is looking to reopen nation with recommendations (not draconian laws) for personal protection.

If Trump says the sky is blue they will insist it is pink.

If Trump says up they say down.

Anything, absolutely anything to attempt to make Trump look bad, even it it means total destruction of the mental health and economic health of the nation. At least that is how I see it.

That is the ONLY thing the Democrats seem to really care about right now. The destruction of Trump and all conservatives at any and I do mean any cost.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

There is no evidence that the leftist and liberal media and the Democratic Party are doing anything but cheering him on...

Okay, you continue fretting over them and allowing them to dictate your perception, I won't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join