It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijings Nonsense Coronavirus Stats Are Misleading The World's Response

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
national review
14 April 20
From the article :

A study by Derek Scissors of the American Enterprise Institute used a conservative model to estimate that the total number of cases in China is closer to 2.9 million, far exceeding the 82,000 the Chinese government claims.

The lessons China learned are all wasted, even harmful if decision-makers elsewhere believe China is offering accurate information and represents a model.”

In addition to misreporting basic statistics, Beijing has also delayed the global response by spinning self-serving narratives about the origin of the outbreak, refusing to provide live samples of the virus to American researchers working to develop a vaccine, and stifling its own researchers.

The U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report earlier this month that China deliberately provided incomplete public numbers for coronavirus cases and deaths resulting from the infection.

classified figures

edit on 15-4-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Hardly an objective source and your input seems to be extremely lacking on the matter also

Trump's a fool, the WHO have handled it badly and questions should be addressed, but pulling funding at this point is not productive towards anything

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
national review
14 April 20
From the article :

A study by Derek Scissors of the American Enterprise Institute used a conservative model to estimate that the total number of cases in China is closer to 2.9 million, far exceeding the 82,000 the Chinese government claims.

The lessons China learned are all wasted, even harmful if decision-makers elsewhere believe China is offering accurate information and represents a model.”

In addition to misreporting basic statistics, Beijing has also delayed the global response by spinning self-serving narratives about the origin of the outbreak, refusing to provide live samples of the virus to American researchers working to develop a vaccine, and stifling its own researchers.

The U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report earlier this month that China deliberately provided incomplete public numbers for coronavirus cases and deaths resulting from the infection.

classified figures

Does not in the least surprise me. My own calculations based on the population sizes and infection/death rates in Italy & Spain came out at minimum deaths = 145,000 and minimum cases 2m and that was without applying a exponential factor of 1x to 5x.

It is my view that the number of cases in China exceeds the 2.9m and there could be that many deaths.
The issue of 21m mobile network users disappearing off the grid is interesting!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

This needs to be cleared up as we re even getting fake news off the BBC about this

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Hardly an objective source

Because .....

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Hardly an objective source

Because .....

objective
adjective
UK /əbˈdʒek.tɪv/ US /əbˈdʒek.tɪv/

B2
based on real facts and not influenced by personal beliefs or feelings:
an objective and impartial report
I can't really be objective when I'm judging my daughter's work.
Opposite
subjective

dictionary.cambridge.org...

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This needs to be cleared up as we re even getting fake news off the BBC about this

I agree. I would ask

1. Is the 21m missing network users the true figure?
2. How can this be explained?
3. Has such a large drop happened before?
4. Why did that happen?

If the answers are
1. is true
2. it cant and there is no precedent
3. if it has not
4. there is not possible cause other than users failing to connect their phones/sims account

then the answer is self evident!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

One question , are you a Chinese disinformation agent ?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

One question , are you a Chinese disinformation agent ?
If so , go and tell your masters the same message the American dictators have :
The One Master of the Universe is going to make you burn in hell .

Question, are you an idiot that doesn't know what objective means?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It .. would be ....a case of was the 21 million ... Not is the 21 million .

At an r0 of 3 , all sorts is possible

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Nope , and it's missing from your definition

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nope , and it's missing from your definition

Your article is an opinion piece, it provides no source to back up the claim, is critical thinking or research just too much effort for you?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

one has to ask - why did you quote the wrong dictionary definition for " objective "

in the context of this thread - objective :

djective
(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
"historians try to be objective and impartial"

is the correct definition

as opposed to subjective .
edit on 15-4-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Trump's a fool, the WHO have handled it badly and questions should be addressed,a reply to: Zcustosmorum

So, giving them more funding to continue to mess up is UN-FOOLISH?

So, your logic
Get food poisoned keep going back to same restaurant
Go into a dentist they pull wrong teeth - All good pull some more I know the tooth faerie personally.
Mechanic replaces water pump instead of fuel pump no problem I am rich I should tip them

PS. You can take all of the mandatory vaccines the WHO is going to push out for me and let that mercury build up in your body, not my childrens'

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

A study by Derek Scissors of the American Enterprise Institute used a conservative model to estimate that the total number of cases in China is closer to 2.9 million

Can you not read english ?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GentrySociety
Trump's a fool, the WHO have handled it badly and questions should be addressed,a reply to: Zcustosmorum

So, giving them more funding to continue to mess up is UN-FOOLISH?

So, your logic
Get food poisoned keep going back to same restaurant
Go into a dentist they pull wrong teeth - All good pull some more I know the tooth faerie personally.
Mechanic replaces water pump instead of fuel pump no problem I am rich I should tip them

PS. You can take all of the mandatory vaccines the WHO is going to push out for me and let that mercury build up in your body, not my childrens'

The WHO are still the only global organisation that can fight this, it's idiotic pulling funding at this point.

A study by Derek Scissors of the American Enterprise Institute used a conservative model to estimate that the total number of cases in China is closer to 2.9 million

Can you not read english ?

Look, your anti-China agenda is showing and I'm sure you'll get your chance to idiotically and pointlessly politicize Covid 19, but it shouldn't be at this point, that's as counter productive as pulling funding to the WHO.

And I would totally encourage you to work on your critical thinking before going all mental (with few words) at the `yellow man`

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

one has to ask - why did you quote the wrong dictionary definition for " objective "

in the context of this thread - objective :

djective
(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.
"historians try to be objective and impartial"

is the correct definition

as opposed to subjective .

You know what I meant, been building servers all day and my brain is scattered

Corrected

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So I'm now an idiot a fascist and a racist who doesn't know the meaning of ' objective ' .

Apology accepted ?

I'd thought you'd at least have a go at the A E I , but no it's my mistake they're saying the Chinese have cooked the actual figures into a baked nothing and it's been posted up for perusal .

Don't shoot the messenger ...
The messenger shoots back

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Not when the WHO figures are wrong as well .

What is it now 2 , or is it 6 , 10 , 20 , 30 million ?

50 , 100 ?

The American calls fascist and now you call racist .
What's the word for that ?
Total hypocrisy .

When the big man in the sky gets here ..
You gonna cry

You should stick with saying few things like your OP as that last line is total gibberish.

Trump is a fascist and racist, so it kind of fits with that, and hate to point out the obvious, must be hard to see through the political cloud you've created around yourself, but no-one has any idea how many people have been infected with this virus, that's why it's only estimations, so in essence, your whole argument is bunk

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

why the vehement defense of China who has acted suspicious throughout this whole situation? it's pretty obvious they are lying and hiding things to deceive the world and only two reasons makes sense, either they are doing this for pride or they have malicious intentions.

none of what I've seen from china fits with reality and smells of typical authoritarian propaganda operations to instill awe and show everyone how great their leaders are with exaggerations and lies.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

In politics, business and life in general the Chinese do not like losing face whatsoever and will do irrational things to avoid it. This is not me drawing a stereotype but what I have witnessed, been told by those married to a Chinese person and Chinese people themselves.

Anybody who defends the CCP and downplays the brutal, authoritarian anti-human nature of their administration is a traitor and deserves to be exiled there.

The Chinese people themselves are of course separate from this, they're just people like the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join