It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus in India Mutating but wait....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
weather.com...

Here's the title:

Coronavirus Mutation Found in India “Raises Alarm”, Could Hinder Development of Vaccine: Study

Sounds scary right? but wait...

This mutation leads to a “weaker receptor binding capability” in the novel coronavirus, which is proof that change has occurred in the part of the spike protein that allows the virus to bind with human cells

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a good thing? (or is it worse?) Doesn't that mean that the "sticky" part of the virus isn't able to hang on and possible that it isn't as dangerous??? Shouldn't we all be celebrating this? Maybe round 2 will be nothing more than a cold?
One of the things coronavirus does is stick around, especially in your throat/nasal cavities. If it is unable to do that how bad is it?

Are they worried because a vaccine isn't needed?

edit on 15-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think it is good news too.

Weak receptivity is weaker infection capability.
And we all know viruses try to get weaker as they go along because they want a symbiosis.

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hi...overall it's morphing and changing, rearranging some signs, symptoms, occurrences, re-occurances, deaths.

Hard to get a handle, that's why it's so insidious...and such a small thing: a virus. Where it ends...literally...depends.

I don't think it will go away...hopeful, but realistically we'll get testing, a vaccine down the road...but it'll be here a bit

Stay well JStorm....
edit on 15-4-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So your really saying that covid 19 went to India and got sick?...hmm

Sounds that way...lol

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Same thing happens with all these viruses. Pack a punch then slap like a 2 year old.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If the coronavirus mutates to infect animals- like pigs and birds- it could end up being far worse than the Spanish Flu. It might mutate into something weaker, but could also become more deadly. Scientists are already discovering mutated strains of CoV19, so it is happening.

Since little is known about the novel virus, and there isn't an effective treatment, it seems slowing it's spread in order to give scientists time to develop a better way to treat those who become seriously ill might be the prudent thing to do.

Hopefully it just goes away and never bothers humanity again, but that seems highly unlikely.

I feel bad for all who are working on/with the CoV19 pandemic; they don't seem to know a whole lot more about what's the right/wrong way to go about it anymore than the general population does.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Reading on there's been 3500 mutations found .

One of the reasons there's isn't a vaccine , or a cure , for the common cold which is also a coronavirus.

It mutates and you lose immunity after a couple of years . When it comes back it's different and infects you again.

If there's a vaccine developed , which gates imagines there will be within 18 months , it'll be against the backdrop of constant failed attempts on the common cold.

If they or he try and push a vaccine that hasnt been tested for safety for at least a couple of years , don't take it. If you do and it' all goes pear shaped later, they'll have an excuse that it was approved in a hurry.

The vaccine is sensible bull imo . Not a medic or clinical researcher but , it's been widely known for years theres no vaccines for coronaviruses

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
LOL
a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It's one mutation we know of since december = 5 months, vaccine = 18 months, which means the virus is at least 3 steps ahead. This mutation is good for us, the others that for sure will happen don't necessarily have to be.
Soooooo I got strongly mixed feelings about this.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

If they or he try and push a vaccine that hasnt been tested for safety for at least a couple of years , don't take it.

My bet is that this and the other vaccines that go along with it won’t be “optional”. Optional In the sense of freedom or quarantine.

Vaccines will be our “Gates” to freedom, freedom to move about the country, participate in business and social events.

Mandatory vaccinations were implemented in China and Italy, among other nations. The opt out options for many states here in the US have been chiseled away. Removing Religious exemptions and even questioning individuals medical exemptions.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I think it is good news too.

Weak receptivity is weaker infection capability.
And we all know viruses try to get weaker as they go along because they want a symbiosis.

Natural viruses! Enhanced/cocktailed, now there's an unknown.
edit on 15-4-2020 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Reading on there's been 3500 mutations found .

This is the coolest visual on that
www.fluxus-technology.com...

& a lot more info on mutations
www.fluxus-technology.com...
edit on 15-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
For a vaccine perhaps worse but I have more faith in treatments then a vaccine anyways.

It could be worse for example it could get weaker attacking the ACE2 recepter but better at attacking our T-cells ( a type of white blood cell that acts as the core of adaptive immunity, the system that modifies the immune response to specific pathogens):
www.scmp.com...

a team from the United States and China revealed evidence that the coronavirus disease, caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), attacks the immune system’s T lymphocytes. The worrying findings highlight the destructive power of the novel coronavirus, which can destroy the immune system, leaving the patient unable to fight off the infection.

But lets hope that isn't the case that it's getting better attacking our T-cells instead.

Of course going now in the worst case scenario route, lets hope it's becomes less dangerous and we find good treatments against this new virus.

edit on 15-4-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It's one mutation we know of since december = 5 months, vaccine = 18 months, which means the virus is at least 3 steps ahead. This mutation is good for us, the others that for sure will happen don't necessarily have to be.
Soooooo I got strongly mixed feelings about this.

The interesting part when it comes to viruses is that the more lethality it is the worst off evolution wise it is. It is in the virus best interests to NOT kill the host, if that makes sense. So typically really lethal ones die out and weaker mutated ones live on...evolution is so great...lol

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's a good thing, BUT not a reason to throw a party because not much is really known about the virus to be honest and those that made it aren't sharing information (China) I'm mostly interested in how hot weather will do with the virus and don't yell about what it's doing in tropic/equator regions I'm talking about areas that are mainly impacted by the seasons.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It appears it has made enough contact with strong immune systems as it is infecting & traveling and has got weaker from it.

If only they could identify what in those immune systems weakened it...

It is good news amongst all the bad.

edit on 4/15/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Oooo, that sounds nice, could even add in a microchip that you have to have in order to engage in commerce!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A weaker binding will probly not last I'd have to verify but that may also slow infection rate making this mutation of the virus more likely to die out

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Virus are a complex subject when it come's to mutation, some virus may actually be FROZEN in our own DNA having long ago been contracted by an ancestor of our's and failing to then take over the cell the virus just became another part of our DNA.

But it is not only virus delivering new genetic material to our DNA but the virus itself can take on some of OUR (or whatever person or creature is infected) DNA in the process of it's replication after it hijack's a cell.

Deadly Virus are actually NOT successful virus because they kill there host and when they run out of hosts they die off themselves, great when there are load's of potential hosts (for the virus not the hosts) but bad for the virus when there are few potential hosts.

So usually a virus will become less deadly, increase it's contagiousness, increase it's incubation period in the infected host etc in order to slow down the die off of hosts and so live longer itself (virus are actually not living organisms in the usual sense they can not self replicate but are purely parasitic in nature needing a host to infect in order to replicate themselves).

The more people - and animal's - are infected by this virus the more chance it has to mutate or through cross infection were a host is already infected by other virus of trading gene's with such other virus in a kind of natural gene splicing that can occur when one virus wins out over the other in a battle for control of a cell.

Some theorize that many form's of Cancer actually began as a virus long ago that an ancient ancestor contracted, the virus somehow became switched off and perhaps was passed to a developing fetus in the womb, it then became junk material in our cell's but some of the mutations that change the property's of a species may also have been inherited this way from other species when virus transferred DNA between them in a kind of NATURAL Gene Splicing in nature were the virus may have acted as an intermediary.

This virus is far too deadly and the lies that are being made up about it being a natural virus - now they are claiming dog's eating bat's caused it, sorry it was that damned laboratory in Wuhan that did this accidentally or not.

Then we have claim's that a virus vaccine candidate was in the work's in the UK, another in Israel and God only know's how many more which makes me think they may already have developed a Vaccine but there is an element in places of very great power whom actually think they are saving the human race by letting as many people as possible die off before they finally release it,. As for Trump and the W.H.O as a matter of record the W.H.O is one of the organization's that tried to bring in population control, claimed back in the 50's and 60's that we would be starving to death as a race by the 1980's etc, they are not fit for purpose as too many NON ethical scientists have been involved in that organization and it has long been infected and infested by element's that do NOT have the health of the human race as there priority - paid scientists in the pay of GOD only know's what awful group that want's the human population kept down - let's see nothing new there go back to the french revolution and immediately afterward country's like the UK terrified of the poor, downtrodden and exploited masses were sending them to the American colonies often on made up charges and after the US war of independence put a spoke in that particular schemes wheel they used Australia and New Zealand so continued it right into the 1800's before humanitarian's (CHRISTIANS) finally won the day in parliament over here - so you see there is precedent for people in power wanting the poor and the people poorer than them reduced and even culled and after the communists revolution a whole period of haters of the poor came into being in the west fearing that they too could go the way of the Russian and French ruling class before them).

This is I assume an accidental virus release from a laboratory in Wuhan, it is not a straight from the animal natural virus but something they were experimenting with, I do not accept the claim it came from Dog's eating bat's BUT that is a definite possible path for the virus to spread as well, I also believe that there is an element DRAGGING THERE FEET about releasing potential treatment's because they want the population of humanity on this planet culled to fulfill there own vile ideology's - and they see themselves as HERO's so think they are correct to let this go on for at least two or more years until it has killed as many as it can, then expect another pandemic not long afterwards and if this mutates perhaps milder but still deadly strains' of this as offshoot's because with there dragging there feet over the vaccine candidates - two that we know of - those vaccines developed from these candidates may then not work on the new strain's - which may be more contagious, but these folk's don't ever account for God, it will come home to them I fully believe that.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm really hoping the virus is mutating into something weaker and that the weaker strain becomes prevalent.
Right now a little good news is extremely welcome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join