It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State Rep (D) endorses Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Rep. Vernon Jones, D-Lithonia, has drafted his own version of Senate Bill 7 that limits the powers of DeKalb’s ethics board.

Photo: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Georgia Democratic lawmaker endorses Trump’s presidential bid

POLITICAL INSIDER 

16 hours ago

By Greg Bluestein

State Democrats quickly disown Vernon Jones

State Rep. Vernon Jones bucked his party Tuesday and endorsed President Donald Trump, making him the first state elected Democratic official in Georgia to back the Republican’s bid for a second term.

The lawmaker drew a backlash from Democrats who accused him of betrayal at a time when state and national figures were rallying around former Vice President Joe Biden. Top House Democrats responded by endorsing Jones’ primary challenger, while others cast him as a narcissist. 

Long a polarizing figure in Georgia politics, Jones told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he views Trump as a transformative president whose policies have helped African American voters, military veterans and farmers. 

“It’s very simple to me. President Trump’s handling of the economy, his support for historically black colleges and his criminal justice initiatives drew me to endorse his campaign,” said Jones, who added that he had no immediate plans to switch parties. 

“There are a lot of African Americans who clearly see and appreciate he’s doing something that’s never been done before,” Jones said. “When you look at the unemployment rates among black Americans before the pandemic, they were at historic lows. That’s just a fact.”

State Democratic officials tried Tuesday to disown Jones, a former chief executive of DeKalb County, Georgia’s biggest Democratic stronghold. State Sen. Nikema Williams, the chairwoman of the state party, called him an “embarrassment” who doesn’t reflect Georgia values.

“Never has that been clearer than this moment, when he chose to stand with the racist president who has made an all-out assault on black Americans, who has tried to rip away American health care and who has failed our country in its greatest time of need,” she said.

State Republicans were overjoyed at the development, which offers Trump’s campaign an African American surrogate who has won the top office in one of Georgia’s most populous -- and left-leaning -- counties. (Trump captured just 16% of the vote in DeKalb in 2016.)

More at Atlanta Journal-Constitution link

And so it begins. I know nothing about the gentleman other than what I've read in this article, but this is relatively uncommon in a Presidential election year.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I honestly do not know how anyone could vote democrat after these last 3 years.

The MSN idiots are already saying their biggest bestest polls indicate Biden is leading in the polls. Wonder who will fall for that stuff again ?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

This has been forseen! Not him specifically, but I imagine a good portion of the Black Caucus is sick of being constituents to a party that does nothing but use them for a voting base. Good on him having the courage to stand up to the group.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Good for Jones and what a nice plus for Trump.

Trump has been an incredible job in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It really is the apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Great find Radio Robert!!! I am sure CNN and MSNBC have reporters and cameras crews in route now to interview him. I am sure this is new worthy to them right? Lets see if they report this, probably not. Rep. Vernon Jones welcome aboard the Trump Train 2020. Choooo, Choooo!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Good for this guy to step out of the “Democrat Plantation”, so to speak.
Just look at his quote.....

“There are a lot of African Americans who clearly see and appreciate he’s doing something that’s never been done before,” Jones said. “When you look at the unemployment rates among black Americans before the pandemic, they were at historic lows. That’s just a fact.”

And read the quote for the brainwashed chairwoman of the state party....

Never has that been clearer than this moment, when he chose to stand with the racist president who has made an all-out assault on black Americans, who has tried to rip away American health care and who has failed our country in its greatest time of need,” she said

Anyone with 1 brain cell left can tell who is the sane person from those 2 quotes.
One contains facts and the other is pure delusion.
Trump has made an “All-out assault on black Americans”? GTFO

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yep. National media will ignore it, and the state party machine will try to destroy him. Because they cannot let him challenge the narrative.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Biden gets Pennsylvania. And Michigan is mad at him for attacking their governor.

From where I'm sitting it doesn't matter who endorses him.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Wonder who will fall for Russian troll bs too.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Biden gets Pennsylvania. And Michigan is mad at him for attacking their governor.

From where I'm sitting it doesn't matter who endorses him.

Sure thing.
Everyone here in Michigan wants the useless governor to resign and hopefully she will if Biden picks her as his running mate.
We can’t get rid of her fast enough, like 99% of all Democrats, she has done nothing.
Nobody is mad at Trump about her.
edit on 15-4-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 727Sky

Wonder who will fall for Russian troll bs too.

Pretty sure you will.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Don't be mad at Silly. She still thinks Mueller is going to perp walk the entire Trump family. Let her hold on to her dream that this time, the Michigan governor, is really the one that destroys him.

top topics

join